Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
So, the ADM is a $500 bottle of scotch?
right? how can it be so simple?
Old 09-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Agree with everything except the raw part. I am a fan, but a car with a double clutch gear box, rear steer and that many safety nets can never be called raw.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:26 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Congrats on your pending arrival!

also from the NYC area. Have had 3 previous GT3's as DD's in the wilds of NYC and its not as bad as one would assume. You'll get used to dodging potholes during the day and using total recall to avoid them at night.

A nice break in rip up the pallisades or taconic will be in order
Yes indeed! Or a bear mountain run! I hope you're right about it in our concrete jungle because I drive my cars not bubble wrap them.

Originally Posted by Soul Performance
The day I experienced a 991 GT3 for the first time was the day my thoughts on what I wanted out of a road car (and my preconceived opinions on dual clutch transmissions) changed forever, seriously. I had driven many faster and more "exotic" cars up to that point but something about that car was just so exciting on ALL fronts. The sound, the gearbox, the feel, it was wonderful! Unfortunately it has also ruined so many other cars for me

Congratulations and I hope the wait isn't too agonizing.

Best,
I felt the same way. Unfortunately the wait is already making me lose sleep. We never grow up, our toys just get more expensive

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Local in Central NJ. Own a PTS .1 GT3. In for a get together.
Whoa that is a rare bird you have there! Could this possible be the largest gathering of GT3's in the country? Probably not but its the only one that matters.

Originally Posted by Bullitt44
Agree with everything except the raw part. I am a fan, but a car with a double clutch gear box, rear steer and that many safety nets can never be called raw.
Agree to disagree. I dont think I have the ability to get any more raw without chafing but I know for some people it leaves them wanting. Very few though I would imagine.

For those wondering if all it took was an expensive bottle of scotch. In a way, yes. But let's just talk cars
Old 09-29-2017, 08:52 PM
justpassingby
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Icutyou
wooo! Looking forward to it. Actually if you don't mind when you get yours would love to check it out to get excited for mine!
I'm working with Porsche south shore! Had an amazing experience there. Actually treated me like a human.
Were rude to me asked to bring deposit, next day i showed up with money - they said won't promise to sell the car @MSRP - market price only ( what's the point leaving deposit to buy a car later @ market price ) - not going to buy there anything - service before was good no problems.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:44 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

For those wondering if all it took was an expensive bottle of scotch. In a way, yes. But let's just talk cars
Originally Posted by dsavvins
Were rude to me asked to bring deposit, next day i showed up with money - they said won't promise to sell the car @MSRP - market price only ( what's the point leaving deposit to buy a car later @ market price ) - not going to buy there anything - service before was good no problems.
So, first we have one customer who gets an MSRP car months after the car is released with no ADM. (I don't count scotch as an ADM) Then his answer "in a way" is as just as opaque as Porsche itself. Then another customer who is quoted market price and the Dealer won't accept his deposit.

To quote goin2dirt "That is the absurdity of the entire mess. There is no correct way to get that GT3 at MSRP. Just tell folks what they have to do. Buy 1 car, buy 8 cars, buy a race car, send email, offer their first born, what? Then I can make that decision and/or get the hell out of the brand or buy a different car."

The blind leading the deaf into a puzzle under a maze surrounded by an enigma and smashed with a mystery shaped hammer.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:48 PM
justpassingby
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

got it @ msrp @ another dealership got to get it in a week
Old 09-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Icutyou
Racer

got it @ msrp @ another dealership got to get it in a week

So, first we have one customer who gets an MSRP car months after the car is released with no ADM. (I don't count scotch as an ADM) Then his answer "in a way" is as just as opaque as Porsche itself. Then another customer who is quoted market price and the Dealer won't accept his deposit.

To quote goin2dirt "That is the absurdity of the entire mess. There is no correct way to get that GT3 at MSRP. Just tell folks what they have to do. Buy 1 car, buy 8 cars, buy a race car, send email, offer their first born, what? Then I can make that decision and/or get the hell out of the brand or buy a different car."

The blind leading the deaf into a puzzle under a maze surrounded by an enigma and smashed with a mystery shaped hammer.
I agree its confusing and weird. I didn't know if I needed some password or secret handshake. Transparency and having a defined algorithm would be much preferred. However, it seems Porsche has very little control over independent dealers which is horse manure if you ask me. It turned me off from the brand for a long time and before I took a hit of the GT3 drug I stopped considering them for that very reason.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

^ Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. Look forward to pictures when you get it!
Old 09-30-2017, 03:39 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

So, the ADM is a $500 bottle of scotch?
Who knows? I just inferred that it was over MSRP and really, no need to say more. 1 dollar or 30k over, either way if he admits that, he's setting himself up for some negative ADM comments.

To the OP, congrats! Let's see the build, how much of a stripper?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by silvertige
Who knows? I just inferred that it was over MSRP and really, no need to say more. 1 dollar or 30k over, either way if he admits that, he's setting himself up for some negative ADM comments.

To the OP, congrats! Let's see the build, how much of a stripper?
This. There's no right answer here. Like if a man asks you if his wife has nice ****. Yes or no either way you're setting yourself up.

ill post the build sheet later today!
But essebtially GR, lift kit, extended fuel tank and a couple small options in including SC wart.
Debated the PCCB but decided not to. That may change since I have some time.
Any options I MUST have?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Icutyou
Racer

This. There's no right answer here. Like if a man asks you if his wife has nice ****. Yes or no either way you're setting yourself up.

But essebtially GR, lift kit, extended fuel tank and a couple small options in including SC wart.
Any options I MUST have?
oh and seat heating, bose, painted interior.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Captain racing
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any options I MUST have?
Painted air vent slats in body color is a must
Old 09-30-2017, 10:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Must have IMHO:

Extended range tank
Smokers package (for the charging plug)
Fire extinguisher
Auto dim mirrors (every time I think $700! I drive my 993 and am blinded by an SUV headlights in the side mirror)

LWB are top of my list, but 4 way and 18 way are good. If I was getting one of those I would do leather backs unless you were going with touring and silver trim.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by Captain racing
Painted air vent slats in body color is a must
Originally Posted by evilfij
Must have IMHO:

Extended range tank
Smokers package (for the charging plug)
Fire extinguisher
Auto dim mirrors (every time I think $700! I drive my 993 and am blinded by an SUV headlights in the side mirror)

LWB are top of my list, but 4 way and 18 way are good. If I was getting one of those I would do leather backs unless you were going with touring and silver trim.
Thanks for the responses!
I decided to pass on the LWB. Drove a car with them and I find them uncomfortable. Especially getting in and out. I will be driving my car a whole lot so I want to avoid making it unapproachable. I went with the simple 4 ways because my butt found them to be best.
I did add the auto dim though. Other stuff already was specced.

Quick Reply: I messed up and experienced a GT3