Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visiting PEC Atlanta / Exclusive today; any questions to ask?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Also had the Warm Goat Cheese salad with pears which was superb...

Old 09-28-2017, 10:53 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
will ask about flap color and wraps. But I’d be very surprised if they’re doing full wraps. What would you ask for exactly? AFIK factory has only approved to do the side stripes in single or two-tone color, the Porsche motor sports single top stripe. TBD is martini and 911R style too stripes, the latter of which is less likely I was told last spring.
Yeah that lines up with what my dealer told me. Not sure where I heard about the wraps - probably on here, so not surprised if its false
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgnl05
I requested information from exclusive regarding XVX and this is the response directly from that email.

I followed up to confirm the steering wheel and LWBs would indeed get the stitching as well.

Hope this helps.
That's helpful - thank you. What about the stitching around the gearshift on manual transmission cars? In the 3D configurator that remains silver even if you select deviated.
Fwiw I received different information on the seat stripes from my dealer, indicating they would be deleted. I'll try to find out where they got the info.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by llstuey
That's helpful - thank you. What about the stitching around the gearshift on manual transmission cars? In the 3D configurator that remains silver even if you select deviated.
Fwiw I received different information on the seat stripes from my dealer, indicating they would be deleted. I'll try to find out where they got the info.
Whatever color of deviated stitching you choose includes the shift boot on manual cars, plus whatever other deviated stitching is normally present in the car in platinum silver. What it does NOT include, unless you pick the option for same as it relates to these items, is: deviated stitching on steering column in leather and deviated stitching on sport seats plus backrest shells in leather. Both of those have an option that’s slightly more expensive for getting them in combination with the decorative deviated stitching option to do those optional leather items in the custom deviated stitching color too.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:30 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ check. Thanks bud. Enjoy PEC - I was there for the event they threw 2014 owners and it was awesome.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

If he has any info on allocations (lol likely not) that would be appreciated
Old 09-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Answers...

Q: what does model designation delete do on Touring? (Configurator shows no change).

A: NOTHING at all. It's an error on the configurator that the option is even available to select in combination with Touring Package.

Q: on black touring pkg, is gurney flap black or painted body color? (2d/3D configurator show different)

A: Gurney flap is body color. "Never trust the 2D configurator."

Q: What's deal with the black aluminum interior trim on Touring Pkg?

A: It is BLACK aluminum, much darker than Anthracite aluminum, similar to if not identical to what was in the 991.1 GTS.

Q: For CXX seats are there other tartans available?

a: NO. However there is a new houndstooth (graphite blue/chalk), which they don't have any samples of yet to show. Other than that, there are the 2 existing houndstooths, which are black/silver and agate grey/geyser grey. Besides those 3 houndstooth cloth options, you can also choose from 3 Alcantara options (black, silver, lava orange as used on RS), and all standard 911 leathers. "Microfiber" as formerly an option on the GT3 RS was really just Alcantara that wasn't branded as Alcantara; it's no longer avail.

Q: Is decorative interior stitching in deviated color avail. w/Touring? (configurator won’t allow)

A: NO, “not at this time". That is, w/Touring Package, only stitching colors available are black stitching (standard) or Red stitching (optional in configurator, $1500). The $3500 option in configurator to pick other colors of deviated stitching isn't available in combination with the Touring Package, period.

Q: What stripes and wraps are available from factory on 991.2 GT3?

A: Approved are the side stripes w/PORSCHE logo (as seen on 911R) in either single color to two-tone (stripes one color, PORSCHE logo another color), Martini set, and a single tapered narrow Motorsports-style centered top-stripe in choice of color. The parallel 911R-style top stripes are NOT available on GT3. Long story on that: Before this summer, it was thought NO they wouldn't offer; then in mid-summer PAG approved them for GT3 and some customer orders were put in with them included, but before any of those cars were actually produced with them, PAG corporate changed mind and did a STOP order so those customers had to get a disappointing call explaining and none of them got them. Apparently PAG doesn't want to sanction making 911R-knock-offs is all I can assume to explain this.

Q: Is CXX doing wraps?

A: NO. ("Martini" livery is closest factory option to a wrap since it's a lot of stuff, but no full wrap options on offer from factory.)

Q: Are CF mirror caps available w/PTS? (configurator won’t allow)

A: As of just today, YES, but only via CXX, price is $1875 for the CF mirror caps + separate cost to paint mirror lower section to the PTS color, which is $2435. Or approx. $4,220 total. Note: You can opt to just have the CF mirror cap only w/o having the lower mirror pieces painted to match PTS body color, in which case the lower parts would stay standard matte black as they are w/o CF mirrors options.

Q: What's the deal with the apparently darker aluminum door sill on Touring?

A: Confirmed that YES, it is indeed a dark aluminum that's different from the bright silver aluminum as standard on regular (winged) GT3. Apparently, it's similar to Anthracite aluminum. You can still select the other optional door sills on Touring if you prefer (i.e., CF, CF illuminated, Stainless Steel illuminated, etc.), but you cannot get the special dark aluminum door sills any way other than standard as shown unless you go CXX with the door sills, which ends up being much more expensive, over $5K (i.e., having personalized door sills where the logo is actually etched out of the metal as opposed to regular option in configure for personalized door sills which is just a plastic insert.

Q: Price of CXX seats?

A: $8750. (not $10,000 as someone recently reported on this forum).

Q: On CXX seats, can I get something other than "GT3" script and/or embossed Porsche crest on the headrests (i.e., "touring" script logo)?

A: NO, they won't allow anything else, but I'm the second person who has asked this design consultant this same question who wanted "touring" script on the headrests.

Q: PTS process?

A: Too much to write here and I'd rather not get into it. My head is still spinning. PM me if you really want to discuss (Eduardo).

Old 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
If he has any info on allocations (lol likely not) that would be appreciated
Didn't ask about this, since I know they can't talk about that in context of meeting I had.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Q: Price of CXX seats?

A: $8750. (not $10,000 as someone recently reported on this forum).
I think you misunderstood Stalker99 post, as he said it was $9500 CAD...
Old 09-28-2017, 07:31 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome thanks so much for the detailed info!!!

Looking forward to my delivery experience there for my GT3T in Jan/Feb
Old 09-28-2017, 07:33 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I am taking delivery there in Dec/Jan looking forward to it.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Answers...
Good info. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2017, 08:47 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I think you misunderstood Stalker99 post, as he said it was $9500 CAD...

I was the guy that said 10K in my write up from Atlanta. That is the only answer I received that varies from Lapis. I was told 10K at Atlanta while configuring my car, they told 10K afterwards in an email. Dont get me wrong, I hope 9500 or 8750 is correct.

The only answer I can add here is I begged for back seats on the Touring, they said no way now, no way 6 months from now.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by indianam3
I was the guy that said 10K in my write up from Atlanta. That is the only answer I received that varies from Lapis. I was told 10K at Atlanta while configuring my car, they told 10K afterwards in an email. Dont get me wrong, I hope 9500 or 8750 is correct.

The only answer I can add here is I begged for back seats on the Touring, they said no way now, no way 6 months from now.
Oh my bad, I thought he was referencing CXX seats thread.. anyhow, $8750 USD sounds about right if it's $9500 CAD
Old 09-28-2017, 09:12 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Thanks for getting the answer to my question!

I now have the rare phantom delete option ....

Quick Reply: Visiting PEC Atlanta / Exclusive today; any questions to ask?