Sponsored by:

Looking for Hotel Recommendations for Euro Delivery in November

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,360 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
These are great recommendations guys, thank you! Alright... hotel booking will happen this weekend!

Any 'must see' castles that I can get brownie points with the wife for her 'Wed/Thur'? Since Mon/Tue are Porsche Museums, and Fri/Saturday are Spa/Ring... technically she does get two days.

Best Regards,
Dave
Berg Eltz... nr the Ring-ish
Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

These are great recommendations guys, thank you! Alright... hotel booking will happen this weekend!

Any 'must see' castles that I can get brownie points with the wife for her 'Wed/Thur'? Since Mon/Tue are Porsche Museums, and Fri/Saturday are Spa/Ring... technically she does get two days.

Best Regards,
Dave
not sure how you are getting to Stuttgart - but if you are flying into FRA, take ICE to Stuttgart ... and stay in one of the Porsche recommended hotels opposite the Bahnhof
Old 09-28-2017, 04:41 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Best Regards,
Dave
Rothenburg ab Tauber she'l love it theres also a castle in Munich thats not too dull, in Wewlesburg theres Himmlers SS castle
Old 09-28-2017, 05:13 PM
GwT3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best Regards,
Dave
Hohenzollern Castle is always our favorite while in the Stuttgart area. Just google photos of it and you'll know why.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:40 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sorted.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Best Regards,
Dave

Take a trip up the Rhine and/or down the Mosel. Lots of history. Stop where she tells you and go explore.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Spacedust
Advanced

Castles very near to Stuttgart

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenneuffen_Castle
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burg_Teck
Old 09-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Spacedust
Advanced

As already mentioned one the most impressive castles in the near of Stuttgart.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenzollern_Castle
Old 09-28-2017, 07:59 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
not sure how you are getting to Stuttgart - but if you are flying into FRA, take ICE to Stuttgart ... and stay in one of the Porsche recommended hotels opposite the Bahnhof
thats the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, I love the ICE 3 and 300kph!
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 05:44 AM
samefredd
4th Gear

Hey there, Dave! I know that this thread is 6 years old, but I still wanna leave a few tips here that might help someone looking for a place to stay.
For castle and site seeing recommendations, you might want to check out TripAdvisor or other travel forums. They often have great tips from locals and other travelers who have visited the area before.
That being said, I do have a recommendation for you! Check out https://www.hotelcheckin18plus.com for hotels that let you check in at 18. This could come in handy if you're looking for a place to crash after a long day of site seeing or racing at the Nurburgring.
Anyway, I hope this helps someone out. Cheers!

Last edited by samefredd; 05-04-2023 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:32 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Graf Zeppelin in Stuttgart is great. Rooms are nice, and as mentioned by another person the breakfast buffet is awesome. Great coffee too! Close to the train station should you want to use it. You can easily walk to good shopping area if you want. Porsche museum, etc. is not far by car (10-12 minutes). They have garage parking as well, which is nice. There was some stuff under construction in the area when we were there last year, but it wasn't difficult to navigate.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WhySock
Graf Zeppelin in Stuttgart is great. Rooms are nice, and as mentioned by another person the breakfast buffet is awesome. Great coffee too! Close to the train station should you want to use it. You can easily walk to good shopping area if you want. Porsche museum, etc. is not far by car (10-12 minutes). They have garage parking as well, which is nice. There was some stuff under construction in the area when we were there last year, but it wasn't difficult to navigate.
you can also take the SBahn (S5?) directly to Porscheplatz ...

Quick Reply: Looking for Hotel Recommendations for Euro Delivery in November