Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler: 991.1/991.2 GT3 RS and 911R Intro Buy Is Open

Old 01-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Hello Patient Rennlisters!

We've been cranking on the mufflers over the holidays and we're making some headway. Have the internal Xpipes done, Tips are up next to finish, and we expect them to go to the ceramic coaters this week. We'll be working to get the first mufflers out by the week of the 22nd-26th. Some of you have reached out with early spring track days and we'll do our best to accommodate you on shipping!

We're also within a week of having our 321 valved side muffler deletes available. Perfect for pairing with the Black Lifetime Muffler for those that want a more aggressive sound, less weight and no drone, or for the track day crowd looking to lose weight and pass sound pair with the Orange Lifetime quiet muffler.

Thank you!

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 02-14-2018, 04:58 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Quick WARNING about the Dundon quiet muffler. The OEM center muffler straps don't quite fit around the Dundon muffler.

I received my quiet muffler, and had a easy day yesterday to install it.
1)Took off back bumper - maybe 25-30 minutes to remove rear lights, bumper, and aluminum bumper.
2) take off by-pass pipes from the cats - much easier to work on muffler that way - 10 minutes
3) 2 HOURS to try and get the center muffler straps to fit around the muffler. Had to re-bend the straps to maximize any available length, and took off the washers, and had my wife use a set of channel-locks to tighten the strap enough so I could muscle in the screw.
Having the same size screw, but 7mm longer would have been much easier to work with.
Side connections fit great with my Fabspeed valved by-pass pipes.

It is heavier than the OEM muffler - - - Dundon with tail pipe weighs 27.6 pounds OEM is about 20 with the tail pipe. THen again my OEM center just blew a hole in it. This will not - it's made well- likely overdesigned a bit, but that's ok.

Sounds good, but lots of traffic this am, so hard to get above 6K RPM - Will test it out on the PCH and Tuna Canyon road on the way home.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Francis,

Glad you're happy with it, give us a call so we can figure out why your straps were giving you trouble. So far no one else has had the issue, 997 or 991

Sorry to hear of the install trouble. A quick call/text/email may have alleviated issues. We haven't had to bend any straps and the stock length has been perfect, just by hand hold them in place and insert the bolt.

Weight wise we'll check the weights, but we have the OEM GT3 Steel muffler at 23.5 lbs without tips. We'll weight them all today and I'll update this post!

Thank you for your purchase!

Jamie

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Quick WARNING about the Dundon quiet muffler. The OEM center muffler straps don't quite fit around the Dundon muffler.

I received my quiet muffler, and had a easy day yesterday to install it.
1)Took off back bumper - maybe 25-30 minutes to remove rear lights, bumper, and aluminum bumper.
2) take off by-pass pipes from the cats - much easier to work on muffler that way - 10 minutes
3) 2 HOURS to try and get the center muffler straps to fit around the muffler. Had to re-bend the straps to maximize any available length, and took off the washers, and had my wife use a set of channel-locks to tighten the strap enough so I could muscle in the screw.
Having the same size screw, but 7mm longer would have been much easier to work with.
Side connections fit great with my Fabspeed valved by-pass pipes.

It is heavier than the OEM muffler - - - Dundon with tail pipe weighs 27.6 pounds OEM is about 20 with the tail pipe. THen again my OEM center just blew a hole in it. This will not - it's made well- likely overdesigned a bit, but that's ok.

Sounds good, but lots of traffic this am, so hard to get above 6K RPM - Will test it out on the PCH and Tuna Canyon road on the way home.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:58 PM
kkabba
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Hi Francis,

Glad you're happy with it, give us a call so we can figure out why your straps were giving you trouble. So far no one else has had the issue, 997 or 991

Sorry to hear of the install trouble. A quick call/text/email may have alleviated issues. We haven't had to bend any straps and the stock length has been perfect, just by hand hold them in place and insert the bolt.

Weight wise we'll check the weights, but we have the OEM GT3 Steel muffler at 23.5 lbs without tips. We'll weight them all today and I'll update this post!

Thank you for your purchase!

Jamie
Hi Jamie, so what's the weight of your Orange and Black mufflers (with tips)? And would you know how that compares with the OEM mufflers (with tips) for the 991 GT3 and GT3RS?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:48 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kkabba
Hi Jamie, so what's the weight of your Orange and Black mufflers (with tips)? And would you know how that compares with the OEM mufflers (with tips) for the 991 GT3 and GT3RS?
Sorry for not getting this back on the thread!

They're 26lb's so 2.5lb additional for a lifetime of trouble free use, guaranteed forever!

Jamie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dundon 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler: 991.1/991.2 GT3 RS and 911R Intro Buy Is Open