Sponsored by:

Advice: GT3 to Touring Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
A real GT3 has a wing. Either live with it or move on. Jeebus.
Whilst I assume you do believe a GT3 Touring is real, my request was simple to understand more about how to go about it and hopefully have less opinion based comments...... also assume Jeebus was a typo rather than misspell.

It's information and insight I'm after.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:44 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mdwac
I was really hoping for wingless.....but my order is locked. The wing is a PR problem since I will drive the car every day -- don't want employees seeing it, don't want cops, my wife, etc....
Go lease a Camry for $270/mo and daily drive that to work instead and save the GT3 (and your guilt) for the weekend. If you can afford a GT3 you can afford a Camry, C-Class or (fill in the blank) payment as well. Can’t help you with the wife but something with diamonds may offer a distraction. Clearly you hadn’t thought this through when you placed your order. Otherwise swap spots with someone at your dealer whose order isn’t locked yet, assuming you didn’t order anything too unique.

With respect to people bashing the Touring, I personally don’t care what they had called it. The car is brilliant albeit I think the name and the rear badge were afterthoughts. Regardless, like the 911R the car looks incredible sans wing and you don’t need a wing for the street other than to let people know it’s a GT3. Wing or no wing it’s the same f*in car. Looks are subjective but I understand a “GT3” by design has a fixed wing. Ok I get it. Let’s all write to Porsche so they never build a GT3 Touring again. This way my Touring goes up in value even more
Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe in a year or two, Suncoast will offer an OEM replacement for Touring and vice-versa. Just use a different car for DD and just stick to the posted speed limit. Track your car once in a while and maybe, you will change your mind. You will attract a lot of attentions because you are driving a Porsche and specially a GT3.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:55 PM
malan1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div style="text-align:left;"></div>
Old 03-25-2018, 08:03 PM
malan1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like the engine cover from the GTS would do it. You wont get the flip at the end but its close. Google rear end pictures of both cars. Same widebody. Same hatch opening.

I’m not sure about air intake/fan locations but should be easy to find out. They did change them from 991 to 991.2
I’m sure the wiring harness is the same. The dealer can activate the retractable spoiler.

I added a ducktail to my 997.2 GTS and did the reverse. No big deal
Old 03-30-2018, 11:18 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There was a similar thread on this not too long ago:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...sion-help.html

Sounds like the air intake location would be an issue depending on what you replace the GT3 wing with..
Old 03-08-2019, 07:17 PM
zroom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Given current winged versus touring supply and demand, seems like there is a market for someone to come up with a wing-to-touring conversion. Curious as to whether anyone has tried it or heard of it being done.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:30 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zroom
Given current winged versus touring supply and demand, seems like there is a market for someone to come up with a wing-to-touring conversion. Curious as to whether anyone has tried it or heard of it being done.
Here’s the conversion; sell your winged and buy a Touring

Quick Reply: Advice: GT3 to Touring Conversion