Sponsored by:

Just Seen Some Colours

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just Seen Some Colours

Wanted to report that after seeing some Porache colours personally I want to have as many gt3 as many colours they are offered in.
But joking aside I went to see Miami Blue and Chalk in person.
MB is an amazing colour. Full stop.
I believe people with bad comments about this colour have never seen it in person.
There is not a single picture on the Internet that would justice this fantastic paint nor presents it as it looks.
Folks hesitating just pull the trigger! You won't regret.
All that fuzz about green hue domination is utter bs or I am blind. I am on the other hand not so sure I would like to have a colour that can be seen from a hundred miles away. It really pops!
My other option is chalk. The problem was the car in that colour (Panamera) was parked in a corner of the show room and under artificial light exhibited quite a lot of beige. It's not there I was told under natural light and looks straight cement. I need to check it out.
Anyway MB with satin black wheels, yellow calipers and some black decals is going to be a killer.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Total failure on your thread...no pics!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 01:36 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Total failure on your thread...no pics!!!
So true but on the other hand no pictures for the reason I mentioned above! It's pointless to take any photos of MB or Chalk (or any other colour).
Old 09-14-2017, 01:51 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have seen Miami in person in/outside and hated it. Much rather have sapphire over Miami. It's just too light of a color with greenish tint, if you happen to see Miami next to voodoo it's really depressing.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:22 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

I agree in regards to having to see each color in person on the car in the sun/shade/dealer lighting/proximity to another car.

I have seen countless pictures on the internet (as well as the sample frogs) that do not remotely portray the accurate color representation in person.

Finally, after all the objective analysis is done above, in the end it's purely subjective.

Objectively, Miami has green in it, whether you see it or not. Subjectively, you may think it's the best color.

Last edited by mass27; 09-14-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:24 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

WHITE, the fastest of all colors and a great pallet for decals, stickers or wrap
Old 09-14-2017, 02:38 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I have a chalk GTS and it definitely looks cement in the light, with yellow lights (parking garages) it will reflect some beige but it's just what it does with that kind of light source.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, did you see Miami Blue in the showroom or outside in the sun?

I'm guessing in the showroom because of your comment about the green hue. I liked the color in the showroom, but hated it in the sun mainly because of the amount of green hue. Color is such a personal thing so some people may love it in the showroom and sun, but point is, you definitely need to see it in different lighting to properly judge for yourself.

Haven't seen chalk in person (other than a small paint sample), but I'd imagine it to be very lighting dependent in appearance.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:05 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Just saw Chalk on a Turbo S at my service dealer....beautiful color....and I failed to....no pics
Old 09-14-2017, 04:54 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Chalk

I recently ordered a new Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo in chalk. I had a long struggle to decide on the color.

On the configurator, I loved it. In photos and videos, I loved it. When I saw it in person, under artificial lighting, I thought "meh." A little too beige/khaki for my taste.

Then I saw a chalk 911 GTS drive by on the road. WOW! and that made my decision easy. I loved it, so after 6 or 7 white cars in a row, I ordered chalk.

Sometimes you just have to see it in person, in the right setting, to be able to decide.

Now for the waiting...

DMoore
'15 GT3 (white, of course)
'16 Audi RS7 (also white)

soon... CHALK '18 Panamera Turbo ST
Old 09-14-2017, 05:07 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

You are definitely colour blind.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnny2five
OP, did you see Miami Blue in the showroom or outside in the sun?

I'm guessing in the showroom because of your comment about the green hue. I liked the color in the showroom, but hated it in the sun mainly because of the amount of green hue. Color is such a personal thing so some people may love it in the showroom and sun, but point is, you definitely need to see it in different lighting to properly judge for yourself.

Haven't seen chalk in person (other than a small paint sample), but I'd imagine it to be very lighting dependent in appearance.
Only inside but not too much artificial light. Maybe I am colour blind as my wife is and the salesman. Happy to be in this case
Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0to60
I have seen Miami in person in/outside and hated it. Much rather have sapphire over Miami. It's just too light of a color with greenish tint, if you happen to see Miami next to voodoo it's really depressing.
I totally agree. Voodoo is a cool name but there are so many voodoo VW Polos, Kia Picantos, delivery pick-ups, etc that I would not like to see my Voodoo parked next to one of them. Not to mention Miami Blue GT3...
Old 09-14-2017, 05:38 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0to60
I totally agree. Voodoo is a cool name but there are so many voodoo VW Polos, Kia Picantos, delivery pick-ups, etc that I would not like to see my Voodoo 911 parked next to one of them. Not to mention Miami Blue GT3...
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 PM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
You are definitely colour blind.
Yeah, I saw Miami in person and did not like it even a little

Quick Reply: Just Seen Some Colours