Sponsored by:

Seat choice help / specs required GT3.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:58 PM
karter34
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat choice help / specs required GT3.2

In midst of locking in order m, I have read that the 4 way are lower than 18 way .
the LWB are same height than 4 way maybe . Folding buckets are higher than all of them.
So let's finally put this timber with actual measurements please will help all those tall people like me.

can we finally get some measurements from members

4 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

18 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

LWB. way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

folding buckets way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

Please help with this guys . In all threads I have only seen on measurement .
Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Measurements are really not the reason to pick one seat type over the other.

most important is your comfort. So first decide whether you want LWBs or sofas, which has been discussed as nausium in other threads so no need to repeat here.

Compared to sofas, LWBs do go lower, which I can attest to after gettin out of my friends GT3 with them and getting into my own car with 18-ways. Although I hadn't previously thought my 18-ways were too high, after driving in the LWBs adjusted to my liking for height and then jumping back in my car, I felt too high and couldn't adjust the seats any lower. Weird. The feeling eventually wore off.

If yoi like LWBs after trying them out, get them, case closed.

If yoi prefer sofas, only reason to get 4-ways is to save money if you think you won't notice a difference in comfort. As someone who has owned both a GT4 w/4-ways and a GT3 w/18-ways, I can attest that they feel exactly the same to me and I don't miss the extra adjustments at all. I never noticed that the 4-ways go lower, but maybe. They look and feel the same to me.

If you would need to adjust the side bolsters or lumbar from their default setting in the 4-ways to be comfortable, then yoi might find the 18-ways better.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:18 AM
karter34
Advanced

Lapis

thank you for your reply. I assume by your answer you are not over 5ft 5 as my issue is I am quite tall and need to get as low as I can.
all the seats have pro's and cons.
full buckets comfortable for me wife hates them. They don't fold
18way too high can't get to bucket comfort . However the seat by its self is very comfortable
folding buckets fold which is great though I have heard they are quite high . And narrow in the hip area .
the 4 way fold so happy, comfortable so wife happy, and sofa comfort and save $$$...
though i have not sat in them so I am not sure if they are low enough for my liking. Also the rake angle may not be ideal. Thinking if I have to get these if they are low enough I will try and adjust the rake angle aftermarket.
so if I can get an idea of height from base to roof it will help not only me though may help others who have asked this questions in which memebers never seem to give a straight answer.
we want measurements please.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by karter34
In midst of locking in order m, I have read that the 4 way are lower than 18 way .
the LWB are same height than 4 way maybe . Folding buckets are higher than all of them.
So let's finally put this timber with actual measurements please will help all those tall people like me.

can we finally get some measurements from members

4 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

18 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

LWB. way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

folding buckets way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

Please help with this guys . In all threads I have only seen on measurement .

I personally measured 991 GT3s with 4 way seats and 3 with 18-way seats, and the 4 way seats are 1.25 inches lower than the 18 way seats. This was verified on 6 cars.

Of the "sofa seats" the 4 ways are definitely lower. Deciding between them and LWB is a matter of personal comfort.

You need to find local owners of 991 GT3s with the different seat options and ask them to sit in their cars for 5 minutes. Any reasonable Porsche owner will help out a fellow Porsche enthusiast thus way.

However the measurements you requested are not available anywhere, even from Porsche.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 AM
karter34
Advanced

Originally Posted by Drifting
I personally measured 991 GT3s with 4 way seats and 3 with 18-way seats, and the 4 way seats are 1.25 inches lower than the 18 way seats. This was verified on 6 cars.

Of the "sofa seats" the 4 ways are definitely lower. Deciding between them and LWB is a matter of personal

However the measurements you requested are not available anywhere, even from Porsche.
thank you for your response .
The measurements required can only be gotten from current members / owners

Looking for lowest seat position measurement from base of seat that meets back rest to the roof lining. Seat set all the way back, so it meet the same point in the roof as it is curved .

2 minute job with a tape measure.

come on guys !!

Last edited by karter34; 09-14-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:21 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 53 Posts

LWBs definitely low but I feel very in control of the car, like a cockpit. For this kind of car, why not? Sofas for standard 911. 5'10" 175 lbs for what its worth.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:01 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by karter34
thank you for your response .
The measurements required can only be gotten from current members / owners

Looking for lowest seat position measurement from base of seat that meets back rest to the roof lining. Seat set all the way back, so it meet the same point in the roof as it is curved .

2 minute job with a tape measure.

come on guys !!
If you are really finalizing your order, why don't you help yourself to the dealer and try out the seats yourself. I'm lost as to how you can make a decision based on some else's measurements with a tape measure. If you are fortunate to get an allocation, maybe put a little more effort into the process. You never know you might even enjoy it.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:36 PM
karter34
Advanced

Originally Posted by pimpinon
If you are really finalizing your order, why don't you help yourself to the dealer and try out the seats yourself. I'm lost as to how you can make a decision based on some else's measurements with a tape measure. If you are fortunate to get an allocation, maybe put a little more effort into the process. You never know you might even enjoy it.
I have been to the dealer 3 times they didn't have folding buckets nor did they have lwb's.
the the 4 way were ok, though this is a question asked often on this forum with no answers.
Ill do it and post when I can. I will be happy to help others with the same question.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Racer

How tall are you?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:18 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

You really need to sit in LWBs before committing to them.

One wife approved option would be to buy LWBs and swap in a used 4 way seat or even 2 way boxster/cayman seat on the passenger side. My understanding is the 4 ways have the same wiring as the LWBs.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:55 AM
karter34
Advanced

Originally Posted by 81911
How tall are you?
I chose the LWB's as the seat position is prett much perfect I am 6ft 4.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I am 6'4 and 36 inch inseam, so you need to look at it from the headroom down, I like the seating position of the LWB, but I cannot deal with he comfort issue as a weekend driver, (hours in the mountains), I think my problem is that I don't have an @ss, so they dig into my side hips, i have not found an 18 way at the dealer, just 14 ways. the 4 way is fine, but I would like the option of more bolster when wanted, if the 14 ways sat identical to the 18ways, then i am getting the 18 ways. My allocation is march with june delivery, so I have time
Old 09-17-2017, 10:10 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

someone else on this board said it best, 18 ways you sit "in" them, 14 ways or less you sit "on" them. Thats how I feel. I have 14 ways now from 18 ways and I spec'd my next car with 18s because they aren't as comfortable for me, but yeah you physical build probably influences that a lot.

LWBs are fine for long drives, I can sit in mine for 4-5 hrs without any comfort issues. when you start creeping on 10 hrs well I think you're not going to find any seat comfortable..
Old 09-17-2017, 11:10 AM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Just measured my LWB seats. Seat all the way down and as far back as it will go. Perpendicular distance to headliner 31.5 inches. Measuring along the slope of the backrest and then up from the headrest 41 inches.

Quick Reply: Seat choice help / specs required GT3.2