Sponsored by:

Seat choice help / specs required GT3.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 12:45 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
LWBs definitely low but I feel very in control of the car, like a cockpit. For this kind of car, why not? Sofas for standard 911. 5'10" 175 lbs for what its worth.
+1
i feel the same--sit much lower tha 18 ways and feel the chassis more IMHO.
6'0" 240lb
Old 09-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

What about rear area access with the standard 4 way Sport Plus seats? Do the seats slide forward automatically (mechanically) when you pull the lever on the rear of the seat? Or do they only tilt forward, and you must manually move them forward with the lever under the seat?
Old 09-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Surge74
Racer

Seems like even with the 18 way seat option on the GT3, there is no memory. Is that right? That would be a huge pain if once set to your liking, you couldn't save the 18 adjustments.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:45 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Surge74
What about rear area access with the standard 4 way Sport Plus seats? Do the seats slide forward automatically (mechanically) when you pull the lever on the rear of the seat? Or do they only tilt forward, and you must manually move them forward with the lever under the seat?
that is correct its a pain. you have to shove most things to the rear from between the two front seats.

and getting your windows tinted requires a very limber small individual to crawl into the rear..
Old 09-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Surge74
Racer

Ah ok, so with the standard 4 way seats, pulling the lever on the side of the backrest does not also slide the seat forward? Odd, VW has this on low-end Golfs!

The 18 way power seats must move automatically when you pull the lever on the seatback? The only issue with these is that they seem to lack memory settings. I'm the only one who will drive the GT3; but I would hate to have everything perfectly set 18 ways, only for someone to touch a button, and not be able to revert back to my stored settings.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

My mistake I thought you were talking about lwbs. All the other seats fold no problem.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:01 PM
Surge74
Racer

Ok thanks. But is it a one-step process to slide the seat forward and tilt the backrest forward, even with the standard 4 way seats, which don't have a motorized forward/back function?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:08 PM
karter34
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karter34
In midst of locking in order m, I have read that the 4 way are lower than 18 way .
the LWB are same height than 4 way maybe . Folding buckets are higher than all of them withlet's finally put this timber with actual measurements please will help all those tall people like me.

can we finally get some measurements from members

4 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

18 way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

LWB. way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

folding buckets way from base of seat at lowest point to roof of 991.2 ???? Height

Please help with this guys . In all threads I have only seen on measurement .

OK i have just been down to the dealership with my tape measure.
seats all the way back and measures from the base of the seat where it meets the back rest to the roof lining.

18way 995 mm

4 way 985 mm

LWB 1010mm

So the 18 way seats were actually lower than the 4 way. This goes against all other posts. Though I just checked it with the Porsche dealer.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
MBDark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6'8" and I have had the 18 ways on both my GT3 and RS.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:49 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

OK i have just been down to the dealership with my tape measure.
seats all the way back and measures from the base of the seat where it meets the back rest to the roof lining.

18way 995 mm

4 way 985 mm

LWB 1010mm

So the 18 way seats were actually lower than the 4 way. This goes against all other posts. Though I just checked it with the Porsche dealer.

There is no way the 18's sit lower than the 4 ways, the 18's have so much more electronics mounted below which don't allow them to sit down low as the LWBS or the 4 ways. I spent hours at the dealer sitting and adjusting the 18's and the 4 ways, the 4 ways in the lowest position possible definitely sit lower. And these seats I was checking out were in used GT3's, not other 911's.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:52 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Lapis

thank you for your reply. I assume by your answer you are not over 5ft 5 as my issue is I am quite tall and need to get as low as I can.
all the seats have pro's and cons.
full buckets comfortable for me wife hates them. They don't fold
18way too high can't get to bucket comfort . However the seat by its self is very comfortable
folding buckets fold which is great though I have heard they are quite high . And narrow in the hip area .
the 4 way fold so happy, comfortable so wife happy, and sofa comfort and save $$$...
though i have not sat in them so I am not sure if they are low enough for my liking. Also the rake angle may not be ideal. Thinking if I have to get these if they are low enough I will try and adjust the rake angle aftermarket.
so if I can get an idea of height from base to roof it will help not only me though may help others who have asked this questions in which memebers never seem to give a straight answer.
we want measurements please.
not familiar with the latest buckets but on previous ones i liked to just take the cushion out of the lower portion. I had a "skinny" version of the cushion made for it at the upholstery shop and that worked well for me. I'm 5'11" but i like to ride low as possible. also i'm used to having a 6'6" co-driver in endurance series so i got used to it and now prefer.

flip side for your wife, you can get a cushion so she sits higher in her side and simply take it out later. like a wife booster seat. thats my plan. actually hoping she really hates the car so i am left in peace and quiet. its why i choose green this time. it clashes with all of her makeup so she won't be around it.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Surge74
Ah ok, so with the standard 4 way seats, pulling the lever on the side of the backrest does not also slide the seat forward? Odd, VW has this on low-end Golfs!
No, the lever on the side does not slide the seats, and you wouldn't want it to. Without memory, you'd be constantly hunting for the right position again. Plenty of access to the rear seat just by tilting the seat forward. And if you need more, just reach down and slide the seat.

I think you're overthinkin' it.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:15 AM
karter34
Advanced

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
There is no way the 18's sit lower than the 4 ways, the 18's have so much more electronics mounted below which don't allow them to sit down low as the LWBS or the 4 ways. I spent hours at the dealer sitting and adjusting the 18's and the 4 ways, the 4 ways in the lowest position possible definitely sit lower. And these seats I was checking out were in used GT3's, not other 911's.
I checked only GT3 , the bucket was in an RS .1. I can assure you we checked and the 18way were lower. As mentioned in this forum. No-one has ever got the measurement. Well I did today.
Maybe the 18`` have more height and lowering adjustment than the 4 way.
Maybe the new 991.2 18way seat has been modified.

The 4 way was in a GT3.1 though.

All the seats were all the way back in their lowest position and then measured from the base of the seat that meets the back rest to the headlining ( maybe not lowest part of the seat) though at a spot which is consistent between seats.
I was surprised as well.
For me even in the 18 way it need to be lower as I feel as though I am sitting on the seat and not immersed in it. The 911r with buckets was the best driving position for me. Low in the seat steering wheel high manual gearbox in perfect spot. may sound weird though it felt like the 911R had more rake in the seating position than the GT3RS.
All worked well.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Racer

I chose the LWB's as the seat position is prett much perfect I am 6ft 4.
I've seen much taller people than you fit comfortably, you'll be fine.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:59 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am considering the LWB for my .2 GT3 however after having sat in them, they are so upright that I was thinking of changing to Reclining sofas. Has anyone used these to TILT the LWB? See video

Quick Reply: Seat choice help / specs required GT3.2