991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOT a MT vs PDK Debate - Effect on MT driving of tech such as auto-rev-match

Old 03-19-2018, 01:57 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have said, if you don't want the rev match, turn off Sport mode. My 2015 Carrera GTS had the rev match as well. Personally I think it's fun to leave it on and challenge it by seeing if my heel-toe beats it. And if you've been doing your own rev matching for awhile, I suspect it will. Typically I blip before the car does on its own, and if you get your own rev match correct, the car won't do anything on its own because it doesn't need to . So it can become a game. I would imagine it might also be useful for someone learning to heel/toe because it's easy to tell if you got your blip right or not. I've only had the GT3 for two days, but as far as I can tell the rev match feature works the same on this car as it did on the GTS.

Without a doubt I think it's more fun to handle the rev matching and downshifts all on your own, that's part of the appeal of the MT vs. PDK. But the rev match can still be useful at times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NOT a MT vs PDK Debate - Effect on MT driving of tech such as auto-rev-match