Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:05 AM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnr265
Never been a fan of painted interior trim but I LOVE that look in GBM. Still have to decide on a color myself.
I thought to do the anthracite aluminum pack or the leather pack, but it would be too dark in there, so the GBM is really a settled option for the interior that doesn't scream to your face and brakes the black monotony.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:01 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ
The problem that I see here is that some buyers lacks the patience and perhaps not negotiating at the buyers terms. I understand these cars are special and in a league of their own and all but don't give the dealer an inch or they will take a mile. I'm definitely not loosing sleep if they can't sell one between invoice and the artificial msrp.
You are completely FOS. go away
Old 09-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RUF RS
You are completely FOS. go away
I think he still believes that he's buying an M3...
Old 09-16-2017, 03:30 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Guys, maybe he's just a really good negotiator. Maybe he knows how to bluff the dealer into thinking he's lost the deal by just knowing when to walk away and waiting at home, patiently, very patiently, for that phone call with the invoice price offer.
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Guys, maybe he's just a really good negotiator. Maybe he knows how to bluff the dealer into thinking he's lost the deal by just knowing when to walk away and waiting at home, patiently, very patiently, for that phone call with the invoice price offer.
Hope he's not holding his breath though...
Old 09-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis77
But with the ED the dealer will get one more allocation, which at this point I'm paying 3K for. The dealer will get one more allocation and they will make their profit on the next customer that comes through.
Please excuse my complete ignorance, I'm new to the GTx game, but how does this work? If ED doesn't count against allocation, then there shouldn't be any scarcity of allocations?

Just trying to understand before I make a fool of myself in front of a dealer.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:10 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Please excuse my complete ignorance, I'm new to the GTx game, but how does this work? If ED doesn't count against allocation, then there shouldn't be any scarcity of allocations?

Just trying to understand before I make a fool of myself in front of a dealer.
He gets a replacement allocation but it doesn't mean a new GT3 is magically produced, he'll get an suv or a panamera or a regular 911. But I like how you think...
Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

He gets a replacement allocation but it doesn't mean a new GT3 is magically produced, he'll get an suv or a panamera or a regular 911. But I like how you think...
Ah got it. The magical production bit (or lack thereof) was the missing piece! That sucks.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

sorry but too many whiners here. if you have an allocation anywhere close to msrp just suck it up and pay for it. if you have to think more than a few minutes for the $3k in ED... u really should think buying another car.

now i actually understand why dealer charge over msrp. if i had to hear all this whining hell i sell it at 200k over.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ
The problem that I see here is that some buyers lacks the patience and perhaps not negotiating at the buyers terms. I understand these cars are special and in a league of their own and all but don't give the dealer an inch or they will take a mile. I'm definitely not loosing sleep if they can't sell one between invoice and the artificial msrp.
u have got to be kidding...
did you get RS4.0, R, 918, CGT, at msrp? i am not sure what credential you have to say that you can get them below msrp. and ALL USA porsche dealers pls take note. if you will provide me GT3/GT2/RS b/n msrp and invoice, i will buy every one you got.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I'm with Ruf RS and Mooty.
You need bigger tank.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:11 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

you get another allocation, but its not a GT3 so the dealer loses 3k on your deal that he can make back w/profit on the other car, but he's reluctant because the other car won't have the same level of demand, in the end I figure its awash for them but it increases the hassle factor for them, its a goodwill thing, give him the 3k if you want ED, but be aware the can needs to be aid for in full before you get it plus theres a big VAT bond too
Old 09-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

I will do the ED for sure, I know the 3K is small price to pay for such experience and actually made me change from Zuffenhausen to Leipzig since there you have the chance to drive a similar car to yours on their test track with an instructor before you take delivery. And I will add the bigger tank, mainly because of the driving in Europe.

I will be a little more conservative with my tires since the budget got cut about 3K now, unlike some other people that have bigger budgets for this kind of trips and don't whine.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:44 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nemesis77
I will do the ED for sure, I know the 3K is small price to pay for such experience and actually made me change from Zuffenhausen to Leipzig since there you have the chance to drive a similar car to yours on their test track with an instructor before you take delivery. And I will add the bigger tank, mainly because of the driving in Europe.

I will be a little more conservative with my tires since the budget got cut about 3K now, unlike some other people that have bigger budgets for this kind of trips and don't whine.
If you take delivery in colder months you get free winter tires, and then nice new summer ones get installed before shipping... that's worth about $15-$2000 alone right there
Old 09-17-2017, 01:13 AM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

If you take delivery in colder months you get free winter tires, and then nice new summer ones get installed before shipping... that's worth about $15-$2000 alone right there
I'm aiming for end of May next year, so no winter tires for me, I'm planning to do 3 to 4 race tracks, so we will see how it will go with the setup of the car, and hopefully not much rubbing either. I can't wait to test the car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!