Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

GT3.2 Touring Package POLL

 
Old 08-26-2017, 06:04 AM
  #16  
PantsFire
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PantsFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The High Peak
Posts: 367
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

As you described I'd say no, for me it needs to have back seats otherwise I'd just buy a normal GT3.
PantsFire is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 06:37 AM
  #17  
DuckieRS
User
 
DuckieRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 187
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Had a few with wing, time for one without.
DuckieRS is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 03:12 PM
  #18  
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MaxLTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Vancouver and San Francisco
Posts: 2,726
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

No. Without back seats, it's the same as a GT3. Wing or not and other things are just superficial vanity stuff, which I would understand for a collector/nostalgia item like R, but for a GT3 it's

MaxLTV is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 03:34 PM
  #19  
Alan Smithee
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Alan Smithee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,818
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lapis View Post
Will you tick the option box for Touring Package?

Since this poll is made before the Touring Package is officially announced, let's make a few assumptions. It's...

- an no-cost option package, not a separate model
- no change to engine or suspension
- wing delete
- unique exterior/interior trim (chrome accents) and badges
- still no back seats
- avail w/choice of PDK or manual
- avail w/choice of LWB or sofa seats
- avail in same colors, but maybe one extra "special" color like night blue Metallic or other subtle classy color
This would be my dream 911. Hoping it comes true...
Alan Smithee is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 04:19 PM
  #20  
nxfedlt1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
nxfedlt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,133
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

would absolutely prefer no wing to one with a wing.

And I like the chrome accents.
nxfedlt1 is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 07:21 PM
  #21  
M3nomore
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Yes, for a more discrete GT3 daily driver and weekend track car. IMHO, it would be great to be able to drive it to work without a HUGE wing on the back. Just sayin. Common porsche, please help us guys that want the best of both worlds!
M3nomore is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 07:22 PM
  #22  
Sean in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Sean in Texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 394
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Nope
Sean in Texas is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 10:36 PM
  #23  
RODOLFO04
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just want rear seats and manual

wing or no wing, is ok with me
RODOLFO04 is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 11:08 PM
  #24  
TuonoR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West
Posts: 224
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RODOLFO04 View Post
Just want rear seats and manual

wing or no wing, is ok with me
+1
TuonoR is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 03:06 AM
  #25  
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MaxLTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Vancouver and San Francisco
Posts: 2,726
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by M3nomore View Post
Yes, for a more discrete GT3 daily driver and weekend track car. IMHO, it would be great to be able to drive it to work without a HUGE wing on the back.
Don't mean it as an offense in any way, but you can really drive it to work with a wing just as well. I did it for 2 years, and 95% of people not give a rats **** and the other 5% think it's actually cool and is a good ice breaker to start talking about their car-related hobbies or fantasies. The world is not as judgemental or uptight as it may seem, even in finance, medicine, law or science. The wing is also a good way to reposition it from "I'm want to show off my money" to "I am passionate about cars", which is a much more favorable perception if that matters. Not trying to convince - either choice is perfectly valid - just giving a different perspective and a personal experience.
MaxLTV is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:28 PM
  #26  
mrhamamg
User
 
mrhamamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 235
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Nope
mrhamamg is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 03:51 PM
  #27  
pcosta
User
 
pcosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrhamamg View Post
Nope
Originally Posted by M3nomore View Post
Yes, for a more discrete GT3 daily driver and weekend track car. IMHO, it would be great to be able to drive it to work without a HUGE wing on the back. Just sayin. Common porsche, please help us guys that want the best of both worlds!
Agree. My dealer refuses to give me a gt3 allocation, even though he had one available, because he knows that I'm really interested in the Touring option. He says that he doesn't know how they will price it. I.e. how much of a "market adjustment" they will charge!
Time to talk to other dealers...
pcosta is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:35 PM
  #28  
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17,011
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Lapis View Post
Will you tick the option box for Touring Package?

Since this poll is made before the Touring Package is officially announced, let's make a few assumptions. It's...

- an no-cost option package, not a separate model
- no change to engine or suspension
- wing delete
- unique exterior/interior trim (chrome accents) and badges
- still no back seats
- avail w/choice of PDK or manual
- avail w/choice of LWB or sofa seats
- avail in same colors, but maybe one extra "special" color like night blue Metallic or other subtle classy color

NFW!
Larry Cable is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 07:36 PM
  #29  
Larry Cable
Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 17,011
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by MaxLTV View Post
Don't mean it as an offense in any way, but you can really drive it to work with a wing just as well. I did it for 2 years, and 95% of people not give a rats **** and the other 5% think it's actually cool and is a good ice breaker to start talking about their car-related hobbies or fantasies. The world is not as judgemental or uptight as it may seem, even in finance, medicine, law or science. The wing is also a good way to reposition it from "I'm want to show off my money" to "I am passionate about cars", which is a much more favorable perception if that matters. Not trying to convince - either choice is perfectly valid - just giving a different perspective and a personal experience.
well said!
Larry Cable is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 03:22 PM
  #30  
BCMgunner
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

First GT car... WING
BCMgunner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3.2 Touring Package POLL


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: