991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miami Blue Again :/

Old 08-24-2017, 09:43 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I too was undecided about ordering MB but when my lock date was nearing i had to make a decision . I change on the last day to MB. I think with the black accents and black wheels I think it looks good. I hope to here next on the ship number and delivery date. I was told that by my SA.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by csfastp
I too was undecided about ordering MB but when my lock date was nearing i had to make a decision . I change on the last day to MB. I think with the black accents and black wheels I think it looks good. I hope to here next on the ship number and delivery date. I was told that by my SA.
I would also put Satin Black Vinyl or CF Vinyl on the roof. I think it would look killer and help even more breaking up the MB
Old 08-24-2017, 05:05 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

ive seen a number of Turbo S in Miami Blue, both Cab and Coupe. They look stunning. I personally have never seen the green that others have mentioned in MB. For my GT3.2 it was down to Miami vs Carmine. my kids begged me to get MB, but I went with Carmine. The more pics I see online of new GT3s in MB make me think I chose poorly....
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
ive seen a number of Turbo S in Miami Blue, both Cab and Coupe. They look stunning. I personally have never seen the green that others have mentioned in MB. For my GT3.2 it was down to Miami vs Carmine. my kids begged me to get MB, but I went with Carmine. The more pics I see online of new GT3s in MB make me think I chose poorly....
No you did not. I took out my CR GT4 late yesterday afternoon and I am still in love with the color. Just a very elegant rich red. Changes hues on you which is an added bonus. Not too excited that they wanted $4000 for the color but if you want the best red on the market today - you got it
Old 08-24-2017, 05:26 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
No you did not. I took out my CR GT4 late yesterday afternoon and I am still in love with the color. Just a very elegant rich red. Changes hues on you which is an added bonus. Not too excited that they wanted $4000 for the color but if you want the best red on the market today - you got it
Thanks, I needed that! .
Old 08-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
No we didn't chose poorly............
did we?

Old 08-24-2017, 07:32 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

This is a good representation of MB. I personally don't care for it that much (I know I don't like the yellow belts)

Old 08-24-2017, 07:46 PM
terrybGT3MR
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 7 Posts

The green tint comes out more when it is under the lights in the showroom, but when outside in the sun it looks more blue - and that's where it will spend more time. Unless you're in the UK like me and you won't get too much sun, lol
Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
Here are some indoor fotos of a 991 convertible in MB. I think this is the most "turquoise" appearance MB can take.

Best
Tobias
Wow... I have a MB car, and I'm looking at these photos at a professionally color-calibrated calibrated monitor, and it's nothing like my car. This looks over-exposed and with incorrect white balance. Another proof that anyone considering this color needs to see it in person (also both sunlight and cloudy day).
Old 08-24-2017, 08:25 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
This is the best pic I've seen to help people understand what Miami Blue looks like and how it really compares to popular PTS Riviera and Mexico Blue, especially as it relates to the greener content of Miami Blue that often fails to show up in isolated pics of Miami Blue (due to camera white and color balance errors). From left to right, these cars are: Riviera, Miami, Mexico....

This is the most accurate pic of all posted recently. It's noticeably "greener" than the other two colors in sunlight but not all the way to turquoise. It's probably 50/50 between baby powder blue and turquoise. In the cloudy/diffused light, the difference is slightly smaller - green kind of fades.

I like MB because of freshness, as Mexico is too "powdery" for me, but these colors are definitely not interchangeable, and those who like Mexico will not necessarily like MB.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

MB is a color that u need to see in the flesh before ordering. I saw a GT3.2 at the factory ready to ship in MB. It certainly stood out. Not for me though.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:41 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

here are a couple
Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 AM
InnovateGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered Miami Blue in Manual with as many black accents as I could including door handles. Should look the goods when she arrives end of the year.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am curious how people would perceive MB if that colour was PTS and Riviera or Mexico standard colours.
Honest comments please
Old 08-25-2017, 08:42 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
I am curious how people would perceive MB if that colour was PTS and Riviera or Mexico standard colours.
Honest comments please
Blues for me vodoo, maritime and cobalt. I would need to see samples in person to decide. Would probably end up with cobalt or maritime since both are more rare than vodoo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Miami Blue Again :/