Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommend a Good Pressure Washer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Matt has put together a package of select parts in a complete kit. Can't beat his package for quality and price.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Bought a big box pressure washer, electric a couple years back. Mediocre at best, hose was sh*t. I had researched Kranzle units and wanted it but couldn't bring myself to spend $1100 on one so spent about $300.

Well I bit the bullet for this season and bought a Kranzle 1122....should've done that in the first place. Super high quality, awesome hose and feels like a tank. Bought it locally for a bit less than US prices from a commercial janitorial distributor. I did buy the Mosmatic Gun and MTM Canon from Matt at Obsessed Garage. Also great kit.

While I was splurging I bought the CR Spotless DIC20 from Costco since I've been curious for years now on whether it works. It does. Literally rinse car well with it through my Kranzle and no spots when it air drys. I did test my water hardness beforehand to ensure it wasn't too high in solids where it would wear out the resin quicker than expected.

Anyway get the Kranzle if you can swing it, you'll be happy!!
Old 08-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Bought a big box pressure washer, electric a couple years back. Mediocre at best, hose was sh*t. I had researched Kranzle units and wanted it but couldn't bring myself to spend $1100 on one so spent about $300.

Well I bit the bullet for this season and bought a Kranzle 1122....should've done that in the first place. Super high quality, awesome hose and feels like a tank. Bought it locally for a bit less than US prices from a commercial janitorial distributor. I did buy the Mosmatic Gun and MTM Canon from Matt at Obsessed Garage. Also great kit.

While I was splurging I bought the CR Spotless DIC20 from Costco since I've been curious for years now on whether it works. It does. Literally rinse car well with it through my Kranzle and no spots when it air drys. I did test my water hardness beforehand to ensure it wasn't too high in solids where it would wear out the resin quicker than expected.

Anyway get the Kranzle if you can swing it, you'll be happy!!
I've been loving my Kranzle, but after less than 2 years it is intermittently failing for me and shutting off. :/
Old 08-17-2017, 11:30 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I've been loving my Kranzle, but after less than 2 years it is intermittently failing for me and shutting off. :/
What exactly is it doing? It could be a simple fix.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...ressure-washer

This is what I use. You can adjust pressure. I had a different one but good ones are heavy so having something roll able is good. About 100lb.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Matt has certainly done his due diligence, he should be your one stop for any car needs.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:34 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
The Kranzel that Matt sells is a very high quality machine and It will be the last pressure washer you will ever need to purchase.
I have a Kranzel from Matt and it's been life changing.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:08 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
What exactly is it doing? It could be a simple fix.
Randomly the pump will seem to kick down and make a different noise and then I loose all pressure down to a trickle. I start and stop the gun a few times and eventually I get it to start pumping fine again.

Also, the first time I turn the pump on every time after not using it for a few weeks, the water always comes out a little brown, so I suspect the Kranzle is also slowly rusting internally...
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloopy
https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...ressure-washer

This is what I use. You can adjust pressure. I had a different one but good ones are heavy so having something roll able is good. About 100lb.
1800$ for what kit. ? Crazy.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Your better off spending 1200$ on great cleaning and polishing compounds and buying a quality pressure washer for 600$.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Gonna finally break down and do a pressure washer, foam cannon combo. Have the foam cannon part picked out (MTM), now looking for a good quality pressure washer. Any recommendations of good ones or those to avoid?
I saw a spike in my store visits from Rennlist and found this thread. Thanks everyone for linking me. Archimedes, you are about to head down a path that can be painful to figure out. This is a really odd product to adapt to car washing.

I've found the pressure washing industry doesn't think us pro-sumer types exist, so I've had to beat my head against the wall for a long time to figure this out.

Here is what I've always wanted:
1.) The machine to shut off when you release the trigger. So we need electric.
2.) The proper pressure for washing a car. I prefer about 1200PSI with a 40 degree spray pattern to ensure I don't jack up the paint.
3.) Relatively quiet so I can wash the car at 6AM or 9PM without waking the neighbors. Again electric...
4.) I drive a freaking GT3, so I don't want a piece of junk. This is where it gets expensive because they don't make the GT3 version of electric pressure washers. They only make a 918 version. You either have a Kia (SunJoe, Ryobi, Greenworks, AR Blue) or a 918 (Kranzle) with absolutely nothing in between.
5.) I don't care what pressure washer companies say, I want to be able to break down my 918 of pressure washers and put it safely in the cabinet after I'm done using it. So I need Quick Disconnects. Figuring this out gets expensive and time consuming waiting for more parts to arrive while you attempt to figure it out.

My guess is anyone else that values washing their car will end up with similar conclusions. The question I had when I decided to offer the modified 918 version of a darn pressure washer just for caring for our cars was, "Am I the only nutso that cares about this crap." But I did it anyway.

I pulled together the very best pressure washing products in the world over the course of about 10 years of my life to build my personal ultimate car washing solution. After buying and trying more stuff than I'd care to admit this is what it now looks like. It involves a German pressure washer, Swiss made stainless steel gun and wand, Italian quick disconnects and foam cannon, and American made inlet hose.

Kranzle K1122TST: Save yourself the trouble of worrying about looking for a higher PSI output machine. This is the one, no question.
Mosmatic Spray Gun with Integrated Swivel: Although the trigger system on this gun is the best on the market, the swivel is the magic of this part. Mosmatic makes full sealed stainless swivels like no other company in the world. If you value user experience, this is a game changer.
Mosmatic 20" Full Stainless Bent Wand: Bent is the key here. That slight angle make a huge difference in ergonomics. I think I've tried about 15 wands to get to this one.
MTM Stainless QDs: You don't need stainless at sub 4000 PSI outputs, but I like them as they don't corrode or have buildup like brass or zinc plated. Plus they look super cool and don't cost that much more.
MTM PF-22 Foam Cannon: Use less soap, get more foam. Enough said. That crap on Amazon for $15 is not good.
Eley Inlet Hose: You'll know the quality I'm talking about when you see it. It's legit.

Anyway...I guess I was not the only crazy one as about 400 people with more showing up every day have bought the thing that I use in my garage. If you head down the path of building your own system, I can promise one thing; lots of buying and trying. Here are a few of my videos that might help you with the process.

The following users liked this post:
ribold01 (04-15-2021)
Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Your better off spending 1200$ on great cleaning and polishing compounds and buying a quality pressure washer for 600$.
A "quality" $600 unfortunately does not exist.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Money2536
Race Car

The K2017 is not the one you want, you want the 1122TST for car washing.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mech33
You should give me a call. I bet we can figure this out in a few minutes. Mine is 7 years old, and I can't kill the thing.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:18 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Absolutely love my Kia. Been going strong for 2 yrs now. I was like you. Hadn't owned a PW for years and when I did I remember they wouldn't last. I did some research, certainly saw plenty of Matt's videos and no way was I spending that much, just me.

This thing has been great and does the job perfect. Good luck.

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Recommend a Good Pressure Washer?