Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 12:03 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious - anybody get these and later decide to go back to the OEM parts/stock position? Anyone contemplating it?

I'm asking because even though I like the position, after 2 trips to the dealer to try to eliminate some unwanted movement in the seat, it's not as bad as it was, but it's still there. Ever-so-slight, but enough to annoy me. The tolerances in the holes and/or the washers don't seem to be to OEM spec on these adjusters. Starting to think I should've tried a little harder to get accustomed to the stock position. Anyone having the same experience/thoughts?

John, any further thoughts as to how I might resolve this issue? Other customers with similar complaints?
Old 07-16-2018, 12:30 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
Just curious - anybody get these and later decide to go back to the OEM parts/stock position? Anyone contemplating it?

I'm asking because even though I like the position, after 2 trips to the dealer to try to eliminate some unwanted movement in the seat, it's not as bad as it was, but it's still there. Ever-so-slight, but enough to annoy me. The tolerances in the holes and/or the washers don't seem to be to OEM spec on these adjusters. Starting to think I should've tried a little harder to get accustomed to the stock position. Anyone having the same experience/thoughts?

John, any further thoughts as to how I might resolve this issue? Other customers with similar complaints?
I went back to stock. I couldn't tolerate the feeling of laying back so much. I find the OEM position to be much more comfortable.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:32 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

My wife prefers more laid back so I have the passenger seat only - everyone is built differently.

No movement on my passenger seat though, although my drivers seat that is completely OEM clicks a little.
I wouldn't call it movement though. I had everything nut and bolted but still doesn't feel welded to the frame. I think its the rail in my case.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:50 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge

Similar issue here
Old 10-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

I encouraged my friend to purchase for his 2018 GT3. It was installed yesterday. Great support from John. Product really nice. Perfect fix it seems. LWBS
Old 07-19-2019, 09:18 AM
WarbirdDude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HeyGuys,

Quick question. I’m looking at the Cantrell or CMS roll bar and wondering if you can still get full seat travel with the Angle Adjusters with both bars?

It’s kinda hard to tell exactly but it looks like the Cantrell bar gives more clearance behind the seat. Is that correct?

Joe

EDIT: Sorry, I should have mentioned this is for the GT4. In my head everyone knows what I'm driving and doing... lol

Last edited by WarbirdDude; 07-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I just fitted a competitor brand brackets on the LWB and they work well the back of the seat angle is better than oem but the bottom of the seat angle is now a little too angled obviously and not the best confort...

Probably the best would be to raise a little bit the front of the seat but not as much as a compromise but that would only be possible if there was a shoter version of the Autoquest replacement brackets or by fitting some washers between the seat rails and the floor.

Another option could be to fit actual reclining brackets and have the lower cushion custom made at a more correct angle and maybe with slightly softer foam.

I have GT2 type sport reclining bucket seats on my 991.1 gt3 and they are really much much better the LWB are only better for the look
Old 07-19-2019, 07:21 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxi_z
I just fitted a competitor brand brackets on the LWB and they work well the back of the seat angle is better than oem but the bottom of the seat angle is now a little too angled obviously and not the best confort...

Probably the best would be to raise a little bit the front of the seat but not as much as a compromise but that would only be possible if there was a shoter version of the Autoquest replacement brackets or by fitting some washers between the seat rails and the floor.

Another option could be to fit actual reclining brackets and have the lower cushion custom made at a more correct angle and maybe with slightly softer foam.

I have GT2 type sport reclining bucket seats on my 991.1 gt3 and they are really much much better the LWB are only better for the look
I took mine out cause of the front of the seat getting kicked up too much. Not ideal for shorter drivers like me.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Felt the same way initially... Until I went back to drive my 991.1 RS without them and I felt so upright.

Maybe having multiple lengths available would be helpful - Minimum / Moderate / Maximum.
I would really like to fit them if they were available in a shorter version

I think 1 inch of front raise is already too much and half an inch compared to stock would be enough

Not so much because of the back of the seat position wich is fine with 1 inche raised front of seat (but maybe too much if 1.5 to 2 inch) but because of the angle of the bottom of the seat

It reall feels like too angled and at least if you re not too tall you feel too much the front bottom part of the seat under your legs

it s the shape of the seat and it s angle that is not really good so the only solution is a compromise with the bracket adjustment or a custom lower cushion maybe
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

I think 1 inch of front raise is already too much and half an inch compared to stock would be enough

Not so much because of the back of the seat position wich is fine with 1 inche raised front of seat (but maybe too much if 1.5 to 2 inch) but because of the angle of the bottom of the seat

It reall feels like too angled and at least if you re not too tall you feel too much the front bottom part of the seat under your legs

it s the shape of the seat and it s angle that is not really good so the only solution is a compromise with the bracket adjustment or a custom lower cushion maybe
I agree, I was talking with them to make shorter versions for myself, they agree but never got back to me
Old 12-13-2019, 09:28 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Hey Julius!

Emailing you over the PDF for the instructions, it has pictures of the wiring connections to use as a reference to double check. My cell is 484 883 6197, feel free to give me a call any time to help trouble shoot : )
I purchased a used set, can you also email me the instructions please.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:39 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

It really feels like too angled and at least if you re not too tall you feel too much the front bottom part of the seat under your legs

Several have mentioned this about people not so tall having issues with front of seat angle too high, I'm not so sure about fitting these now.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Fit for me perfectly but I'm 6'3". Couple of points though: if you have a roll cage then the seat will rub or vibrate against it if you push it back enough. Should be ok unless you have the seat quite near the back.

And a point re installation, which isn't in the instructions: ensure your seat is not set at or near the lowest height before you fit them or you won't get the seat back in! Don't ask me how I know.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:19 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
Several have mentioned this about people not so tall having issues with front of seat angle too high, I'm not so sure about fitting these now.
Personal preference but I am 6’5” and prefer stock seat angle. Tilting seat back puts my arms straight out with not much bend to the steering wheel and since these mods bring the lower part of the seat up it make it harder to get in and out of the car and bring my knees closer to the steering wheel.

Tilting the seat doesn’t work great for me. Now my short wife loved it....so I am in a quandary on what to do. Probably going to keep stock angle.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I had to get used to the angled seats because distance to steering wheel also but it adds massive leg room for when not on track.
I can now just click the seat forward two notches for when on track.

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS