991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Old 03-22-2018, 05:25 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 341 Likes on 190 Posts

So maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have these installed and I feel like I'm driving a g-ride laying in the back seat area. Is there an adjustment that can be made so I feel less gangsta?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
So maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have these installed and I feel like I'm driving a g-ride laying in the back seat area. Is there an adjustment that can be made so I feel less gangsta?
Felt the same way initially... Until I went back to drive my 991.1 RS without them and I felt so upright.

Maybe having multiple lengths available would be helpful - Minimum / Moderate / Maximum.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:12 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Felt the same way initially... Until I went back to drive my 991.1 RS without them and I felt so upright.

Maybe having multiple lengths available would be helpful - Minimum / Moderate / Maximum.
Doesn't the angle of recline change as you adjust the seat height?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 142 Posts

I hated the LWB seats in my GT4...I'm glad I went with the 18 ways in my GT3
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Are there any pictures of the adjusters themselves? Tried searching the thread for them but couldn't find any. How durable/safe/secure are the adjusters & LWB seat when installed when compared with the OEM setup? I am interested!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:13 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Are there any pictures of the adjusters themselves? Tried searching the thread for them but couldn't find any. How durable/safe/secure are the adjusters & LWB seat when installed when compared with the OEM setup? I am interested!
They are actually a very simple design. So simple they can easily be copied, so I guess that's why no photos are being posted to protect the design. As far as durability and security, I have no doubts they are as durable and secure as the OEM.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranger22
I choked on my water there, nicely described haha. As FourT6and2 mentioned, you can reduce the recline a bit as you raise the seat. I've also found that moving the seat a bit closer to the wheel helps as well. Its such a big difference that i'm sure it'll be a little odd until you get a little seat time and get accustomed to it : )

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hey Sam, thanks for the interest! For your reference, Palting is absolutely correct on the reason why we haven't posted any photos of them. However, I am very open to emailing anyone who's interested in a set the PDF install instructions that include photos of the adjusters. Just send me an email to john@autoquestms.com and I'll shoot them right over for you to take a look at.

In regards to durability/safety/security, they are at least as equal as the OEM and I can say that confidently in having several dozen of them locally with thousands of miles around Sebring with no issues. And as I'm sure you know, that is the roughest and toughest environment for any product to be tested. Not that I'd ever expect to have to, but in regards to customer service I'll stand behind our product at least as well as Porsche. My cell is 484 883 6197, and I'm available 24/7 via text or call as long as I'm not asleep or on the track....or getting a death stare from my wife...haha
Old 03-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

They are slightly longer than the stock parts but They appear to be slightly thicker grade steel, which looks like it would make up for it. John I don't know whether you can confirm that.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:42 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
They are slightly longer than the stock parts but They appear to be slightly thicker grade steel, which looks like it would make up for it. John I don't know whether you can confirm that.
Just installed my 2nd set tonight. They appear to be the same thickness.

There are differences, however in design. The replacement require you to use what appears to be a Delrin washer, whereas the originals use what looks like a self lubricating metal washer. Overall thickness at the connection point remains the same.

One nice thing about them is that my neck didn't hurt after 2 days driving and instructing my son at Sebring. The previous event without them caused me such neck pain, it lasted a few days after the event.

I still think it's pretty expensive for 4 pieces of steel with 3 bends and two holes, but the neck pain is just too much and I broke down and bought two sets.

After I retire these cars from track duty, the modification is 100% reversible. It's a non-invasive enhancement.

The angle does change as you increase the height of the seat, but I like my seat pretty low.

I'll be at Sebring this weekend in the Lava RS if anyone wants to check them out. #98 (Red group).
Old 04-04-2018, 06:02 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
I'll have to take a look at that during our next installation and get a measurement, they should be quite similar.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:27 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm still interested in this product but have a question. I'm 6'5 and need my seat in lowest setting. If I buy this, and put my seat in lowest setting - will it work properly or bend as the previous photos show?
Old 04-08-2018, 01:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

I like the upright seat.
long legs but not arms I guess.
added them to passenger seat and wifey lives it.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I'm still interested in this product but have a question. I'm 6'5 and need my seat in lowest setting. If I buy this, and put my seat in lowest setting - will it work properly or bend as the previous photos show?
It doesn't bend. The photo above with the crimped tube may be the one you're referring to. That tube was always crimped. The photo does, however, show slight scraping marks to the tube and the plate near to it. This is because at the lowest setting with the these new angle adjusters installed, the seat is a little too low at the back and it rubs on the seat runner rail. Solution is to lift the seat by a couple of mm or so.

The overall height available will still be greater than if you didn't have them installed as the back of the seat will be raised up to about where it was before it was lowered. Plus you'll be tilted back a bit giving you more headroom.

Conclusion: will be fine.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:15 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
As Gravs mentioned, we've never had any bending issues on any of the seat components. We have had few people experience a slight rub in the full low position as the seat is moved towards the rearward position, which is alleviated by raising the seat a couple mm with the height adjustment button : )
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

As of last week our adjusters are back in inventory and ready to ship out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS