Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 Engine Warranty! 10 years / 120,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Main reason I bailed on my 991.1 was the engine. Good luck to those that own the .1 and I am pretty sure 99% of these cars will never reach 120K miles in 10 years.
I am trying. Trust me.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:01 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

A home run!....don't know what more you could ask for. The results of the COG would have absolutely made a difference in my decision to trade my 15 GT3 had it occurred a couple of months ago. Again hats off to the COG team!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by KBS911
A home run!....don't know what more you could ask for. The results of the COG would have absolutely made a difference in my decision to trade my 15 GT3 had it occurred a couple of months ago. Again hats off to the COG team!
Thanks. We couldn't be happier. Porsche rocks!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Thanks. We couldn't be happier. Porsche rocks!
Great work, brought to a head and resolved without legal action is a good outcome for all.

However, I have one question - if the problem was a metallurgical issue that affected a small number of units, why did they redesign a range of components including the cams plus change various coatings?

Ultimately they abandoned the design all together.

There is no question Porsche would have had to deal with this issue at some point. The fact COG stepped up to the plate probably gave Porsche an opportunity to escape with some dignity and at the same time provide certainty to owners - again an excellent outcome.

Over here, under Australian Consumer law Porsche are done and dusted as the product is defective and thus would require remedy through fixing or replacement - irrespective of what is outlined on the Porsche warranty card.

Anyhow, congratulations are the order of the day its far better to settle a dispute through mediation and conciliation than through litigation

"Porsche Rocks" Not so sure about that, it took them years to resolve the issue and they know customers are going elsewhere - Porsche are a steel fist in a velvet glove, they did what they both needed to do and had to do - thats smart business.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by randr
Great work, brought to a head and resolved without legal action is a good outcome for all.

However, I have one question - if the problem was a metallurgical issue that affected a small number of units, why did they redesign a range of components including the cams plus change various coatings?

Ultimately they abandoned the design all together.

There is no question Porsche would have had to deal with this issue at some point. The fact COG stepped up to the plate probably gave Porsche an opportunity to escape with some dignity and at the same time provide certainty to owners - again an excellent outcome.

Over here, under Australian Consumer law Porsche are done and dusted as the product is defective and thus would require remedy through fixing or replacement - irrespective of what is outlined on the Porsche warranty card.

Anyhow, congratulations are the order of the day its far better to settle a dispute through mediation and conciliation than through litigation
Thanks. We were never going the legal route with this, so yeah, it was a great outcome for all. The new design in the .2 is a bit better, just like all previous designs were better than the ones before. But for the new parts, i believe they just changed the mfg spec and process to address any possibility of this happening again. It wasn't a complete redesign.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:23 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks Ken! Judging by the grin you had leaving PECATL last week, I think you will be very happy with the new turbo!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:59 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

This is really impressive. Kudos to Porsche AND to cog !
Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Thanks Ken! Post some pics when you get your Turbo!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

LOL @ Porsche rocks.....these are the same people who brought you the rubber centered clutch disc, the exploding CIS air box, the exploding turbo coolant pipes, and of course the IMS bearing and never gave a rats azz about the consumer.

I love the company, I own 9 of the cars as we speak, but let's be realistic here. This is the first time Porsche has come through in a very long time.....
Old 08-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I am trying. Trust me.
Me too. 24K miles and counting.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:22 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sloopy
Me too. 24K miles and counting.
Damn it. Now I have to start doing night drives to catch up!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

+1
Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 PM
joemelsha
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think my 2014 991 is having the same issue robmypro had way back. Anytime I get above 8000 RPM the engine gets extremely notchy and throws itself into limp mode with a red warning, restarting the car removes the limp mode but the yellow warning remains. 18,000 miles. Having it towed to the dealer this Thursday (Davenport, Iowa Porsche). Crossing my fingers!
Old 10-24-2018, 11:53 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I spoke to my local Canadian Dealer and he confirmed that my car has the 10 year engine warranty; this covers approx. 120 or so parts in the engine. My engine warranty until 2024!
Either way, I intend of spending as much time at the track as possible, hitting redline over and over and.....
Old 01-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Alfonso Zito
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I duplicate my post but I didn't see it published, so I'll re-write it. Sorry in case it will happen.
First of all, thanks for your effort in order to give all 911.1 GT3 the possibility to enjoy the car properly.

Based on this new10 years/ 120.000Km guarantee conditions, I was convinced to approach to the purchase of a 2015 GT3 with an F engine from a Porsche Official Dealer.
At the moment that I noticed this to the dealer, the salesman seems not have any info about it. I told him to take infor from Porsche and officially confirm that the car is in the guarantee program.
the deal link is the following: https://www.autoscout24.it/annunci/p...dd1a?cldtidx=7

Additionally, give a quick look on the majority of the deal from Dealer/private sellers of 2015/2016 GT3 with F/G motor, they never place this IMPORTANT INFORMATION on the deal.
this seems strange. so I just want to have your kind confirmation that I understood correctly.

could you please confirm me that All gt3 991.1 MY 2014-2016 with all motor type will be part of the 10 years program guarantee? that's right? I could be sure about it?
why the majority of deals don't notice it in the deal information? lack of knownledge?

Thanks a lot for your Kind replies.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 Engine Warranty! 10 years / 120,000 miles