Sponsored by:

Stealer 991.2 GT3 Listing on Rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 03:40 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts
Thumbs down Stealer 991.2 GT3 Listing on Rennlist

Well, I guess it didn't take long until one of the California stealers trolls Rennlist looking for a buy to pay an ADM for a GT3 allocation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-interest.html

A few buyers changed their minds and so these guys have some allocations available at market market? Yeah ok. First of all, there isn't a market price as no cars have sold. Second of all, we know that the stealer is spec'ing their own cars to sell instead of selling to local customers. Let's welcome Walters to the stealership list.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:36 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I still don't understand how you feel it is OK for individuals like yourself to flip cars for a profit at market value, but not OK for companies in the business of selling cars for profit at market value to do so?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:31 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

They are chumming the waters.. I hope they are forced to sell all allocations at MSRP.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:51 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Just pay ADM and be happy. ;-)
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

They are tricking the unsuspecting public by trying to imply they are PREMIER with this statement in their sig:

Walter’s Porsche of Riverside has remained the Premier Porsche dealership in California for customer service by both Dealer Rater and Edmunds.com since 2014.

I guess they think it wouldn't be caught on RL.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:42 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I still don't understand how you feel it is OK for individuals like yourself to flip cars for a profit at market value, but not OK for companies in the business of selling cars for profit at market value to do so?
There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them. Sellers can ask for whatever prices they like. Buyers have the choice to accept, counter or pass and move on. The end.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them.

Soooooo ..... TRUE
Old 08-04-2017, 11:24 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them. Sellers can ask for whatever prices they like. Buyers have the choice to accept, counter or pass and move on. The end.
agree, free market so I have no problem with a dealer seeking to maximize profit, it's their job! The only thing that has pissed me off, so much that I even escalated it to Porsche, is when a dealer agrees to something and backs out. On 991.1 RS, I was next on list for allocation. Every month dealer communicated progress, timeframe etc. when allocation arrived, "sorry, but I have a guy who just called offering $50k over, we can't turn that down. What could you do?" Uh, I'll pass. No more business for you. That still irks me. Forced me to buy elsewhere farther away.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Ha ha ha! Using Riverside and Premier in the same sentence.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Are you comparing someone who buys, drives an then later sells their used car at a profit to someone who buys simply to flip at a margin? I'd say the latter is very different, as it results in a material percentage of cars sitting unused for a long period of time rather than being driven as intended. That's the real problem with flipping IMO. That and the fact that, if there is profit to be made, it should be going directly to Porsche AG, not some flipper.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

I just heard that I might be getting an allocation and there is simply no way I'm paying an ADM. I'm fine with the dealer asking for it and totally get it, but I'm not paying it.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:52 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

So true, hypocrites.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:57 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Walters normal MO was to hoard PTS allocations for themselves and look to sell over post-delivery. Maybe the new PTS price scared them off that path so now they're just going to be cars that John Doe Sr, John Doe Jr, John Doe III etc passed on.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:28 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

This is exactly right.

And of course once a car is of a certain age we then celebrate it's value being over MSRP - e.g. GT3 RS 4.0
Old 08-04-2017, 01:13 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
agree, free market so I have no problem with a dealer seeking to maximize profit, it's their job! The only thing that has pissed me off, so much that I even escalated it to Porsche, is when a dealer agrees to something and backs out. On 991.1 RS, I was next on list for allocation. Every month dealer communicated progress, timeframe etc. when allocation arrived, "sorry, but I have a guy who just called offering $50k over, we can't turn that down. What could you do?" Uh, I'll pass. No more business for you. That still irks me. Forced me to buy elsewhere farther away.

Agree. Fine with markups but not shady tactics. Here's my "premier" experience here.

I was on the list for a GT4 at MSRP. But when the allocation came around, they decided there's a "VIP" customer more important than me. Not exact words of the manager, but very close. The funny part is that their VIP customer seems to be worth only 10k to them because I was offered the option to "buy" back my spot for 10k. Hmmm...no thanks! Had I been told of the markup upfront, I would have considered. But the way they handled it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

Quick Reply: Stealer 991.2 GT3 Listing on Rennlist