Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Stealer 991.2 GT3 Listing on Rennlist (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1003021-stealer-991-2-gt3-listing-on-rennlist.html)

usctrojanGT3 08-04-2017 03:40 AM

Stealer 991.2 GT3 Listing on Rennlist

Well, I guess it didn't take long until one of the California stealers trolls Rennlist looking for a buy to pay an ADM for a GT3 allocation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-interest.html

A few buyers changed their minds and so these guys have some allocations available at market market? Yeah ok. :roflmao: First of all, there isn't a market price as no cars have sold. Second of all, we know that the stealer is spec'ing their own cars to sell instead of selling to local customers. Let's welcome Walters to the stealership list. :bigbye:

Alan Smithee 08-04-2017 04:36 AM

I still don't understand how you feel it is OK for individuals like yourself to flip cars for a profit at market value, but not OK for companies in the business of selling cars for profit at market value to do so?

RealityGT 08-04-2017 08:31 AM

They are chumming the waters.. I hope they are forced to sell all allocations at MSRP.

evilfij 08-04-2017 09:51 AM

Just pay ADM and be happy. ;-)

ExMB 08-04-2017 10:38 AM

They are tricking the unsuspecting public by trying to imply they are PREMIER with this statement in their sig:

Walter’s Porsche of Riverside has remained the Premier Porsche dealership in California for customer service by both Dealer Rater and Edmunds.com since 2014.

I guess they think it wouldn't be caught on RL.

:roflmao:

FORENN 08-04-2017 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 14371747)
I still don't understand how you feel it is OK for individuals like yourself to flip cars for a profit at market value, but not OK for companies in the business of selling cars for profit at market value to do so?

There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them. Sellers can ask for whatever prices they like. Buyers have the choice to accept, counter or pass and move on. The end.

STG 08-04-2017 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by sportscentury
There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them.

Soooooo ..... TRUE

disden 08-04-2017 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by sportscentury (Post 14372069)
There are so many contradictions and hypocritical positions on RL with respect to selling cars, it's no use trying to make sense of them. Sellers can ask for whatever prices they like. Buyers have the choice to accept, counter or pass and move on. The end.

agree, free market so I have no problem with a dealer seeking to maximize profit, it's their job! The only thing that has pissed me off, so much that I even escalated it to Porsche, is when a dealer agrees to something and backs out. On 991.1 RS, I was next on list for allocation. Every month dealer communicated progress, timeframe etc. when allocation arrived, "sorry, but I have a guy who just called offering $50k over, we can't turn that down. What could you do?" Uh, I'll pass. No more business for you. That still irks me. Forced me to buy elsewhere farther away.

Archimedes 08-04-2017 11:47 AM

Ha ha ha! Using Riverside and Premier in the same sentence. :roflmao:

Archimedes 08-04-2017 11:50 AM

Are you comparing someone who buys, drives an then later sells their used car at a profit to someone who buys simply to flip at a margin? I'd say the latter is very different, as it results in a material percentage of cars sitting unused for a long period of time rather than being driven as intended. That's the real problem with flipping IMO. That and the fact that, if there is profit to be made, it should be going directly to Porsche AG, not some flipper.

Archimedes 08-04-2017 11:51 AM

I just heard that I might be getting an allocation and there is simply no way I'm paying an ADM. I'm fine with the dealer asking for it and totally get it, but I'm not paying it.

goin2drt 08-04-2017 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sportscentury (Post 14372069)

So true, hypocrites.

NateOZ 08-04-2017 11:57 AM

Walters normal MO was to hoard PTS allocations for themselves and look to sell over post-delivery. Maybe the new PTS price scared them off that path so now they're just going to be cars that John Doe Sr, John Doe Jr, John Doe III etc passed on.

tstafford 08-04-2017 12:28 PM

This is exactly right.

And of course once a car is of a certain age we then celebrate it's value being over MSRP - e.g. GT3 RS 4.0

johnny2five 08-04-2017 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by disden (Post 14372158)
agree, free market so I have no problem with a dealer seeking to maximize profit, it's their job! The only thing that has pissed me off, so much that I even escalated it to Porsche, is when a dealer agrees to something and backs out. On 991.1 RS, I was next on list for allocation. Every month dealer communicated progress, timeframe etc. when allocation arrived, "sorry, but I have a guy who just called offering $50k over, we can't turn that down. What could you do?" Uh, I'll pass. No more business for you. That still irks me. Forced me to buy elsewhere farther away.

Agree. Fine with markups but not shady tactics. Here's my "premier" experience here.

I was on the list for a GT4 at MSRP. But when the allocation came around, they decided there's a "VIP" customer more important than me. Not exact words of the manager, but very close. The funny part is that their VIP customer seems to be worth only 10k to them because I was offered the option to "buy" back my spot for 10k. Hmmm...no thanks! Had I been told of the markup upfront, I would have considered. But the way they handled it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.