Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Old 12-22-2018, 04:38 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
As we head into the holidays I want to thank everyone for staying current with this thread as you have all worked your way through the delivery process. Our stated goal in the beginning was to share experiences and keep track of each others orders to see how things were moving behind the scenes at Porsche. I think we can say unequivocally that we have done that and then some. Most of us here have had an extremely long waiting period to delivery, and without the assurances of others here, I think many of us would have given up. Instead, I am proud to say that our tracking is almost to an end. When you look at the list now, it is almost all green with deliveries! Fantastic!

This is proof to all the naysayers in the beginning that thought there was no way Porsche would do this many orders and we would be disappointed. Well, as I and others contended, while the number of PTS cars built for this series GT3 is over 400 in the North America, it is not out of line % wise with what was done in the past. But somehow, I think a lot of these naysayers really wanted PTS to stay in the closet and be something only for those in the "know". Keep it exclusive and only the lucky or VIP get to have PTS. When the price went up to reflect the actual cost to handle PTS, more people revolted, and dropped out. Somehow if it's not exclusive and cheap it's not worth it. Instead, while expensive, PTS is very popular. When this started, my inside contact at Porsche told me executives at PCNA had made a deal with Porsche to collect as many PTS orders as they could to prove that the NA customers wanted it. In return Porsche promised to accommodate the requests. We all know now it was a resounding success. In fact, if you have kept track it is the most popular color choice! But we know that is like saying 'other' or 'miscellaneous' is the most popular color choice! And amazingly, this Rennlist group has captured about 40% of that total here on the list, with links to your delivery pictures, pretty cool!

So, where do we go from here? I personally think the list is a great resource as is to research PTS color choices. On the other hand, it is missing a significant number of the PTS cars (60%) and many of you post and move on which is fine. But for those of us who are passionate about our color choice, how do you think we should move forward? I could easily add VIN numbers to the list and continue to track your cars as a partial registry, we could move it into a full fledged registry with a web site (although I would need some help here) or ????

Let me know your thoughts, no hurry we still have 3 or 4 months of deliveries, but we are nearing the end. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Andre
I was delivered a few weeks back!

Thanks for all you have done for the PTS guys!

Originally Posted by tasman
Thanks for all your work Andre. My journey is nearing the end (finally). Arrow blue GT3 is at the dealership as of Thursday. I fly down to pick her up in 2 weeks. I'll post pics as soon as I see the car in person Have enjoyed following everyone's PTS "adventures"
Driving to Wisconsin this time of year? All the best with the wx!
Old 12-22-2018, 06:00 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Late to the .2 GT3 PTS party but glad to be here nonetheless! My 6MT just landed at the dealer and I'm anxiously waiting to take delivery after Christmas. I think I may actually be a 1 of 1 (based on my inability to find another GT3, let alone Porsche in this color). So I'm making the 1 of 1 claim until someone steps up with proof of another!

Will post more pics once I take delivery.

@montoya Andre - Thank you again for all of your efforts on this front. The knowledge gained has been invaluable and I can't stress how much pleasure I've obtained from seeing everyone's beautiful cars.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:05 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
You should swing through Charlotte on your way home.
If I can I will but kinda in the wrong direction, especially for this time of year.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:06 PM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jamie140

Thanks for all you have done for the PTS guys!

Driving to Wisconsin this time of year? All the best with the wx!
I put snows on it so I can drive it some in the winter. Short of a blizzard I'll be fine.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:06 PM
tasman
Race Car

You're welcome! Exciting- sounds like a road trip if the weather holds up! No better way to get to know your car. Make sure to post pictures as soon as you can. You know we are all waiting...
I'm waiting to see it too. Will post up as soon as I take em.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:16 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by stpatsday
Great job on this Andre. This has been a fun thread to follow. Thank you.
You’re welcome!

Originally Posted by Jamie140

Thanks for all you have done for the PTS guys! :cheers!
Caught it, congrats! You’re welcome too!

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Late to the .2 GT3 PTS party but glad to be here nonetheless! My 6MT just landed at the dealer and I'm anxiously waiting to take delivery after Christmas. I think I may actually be a 1 of 1 (based on my inability to find another GT3, let alone Porsche in this color). So I'm making the 1 of 1 claim until someone steps up with proof of another!

Will post more pics once I take delivery.

@montoya Andre - Thank you again for all of your efforts on this front. The knowledge gained has been invaluable and I can't stress how much pleasure I've obtained from seeing everyone's beautiful cars.

Nice! A difficult color to photograph it would seem, lots of different looks in different lighting, congratulations!

Originally Posted by tasman
I'm waiting to see it too. Will post up as soon as I take em.
Dealer pics? Hahaha, we just can’t wait!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:37 PM
FTK
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Montoya, do you remember? We had dinner together the night before the delivery of your awesome GT3 in Leipzig. On the right is my GT3 in GT silver as well as on track.

I hope you had a lot of fun in the Alps

Old 12-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You’re welcome!

Caught it, congrats! You’re welcome too!

Nice! A difficult color to photograph it would seem, lots of different looks in different lighting, congratulations!

Dealer pics? Hahaha, we just can’t wait!
Thanks Andre! Totally agree on the varying looks. Yeah, can't wait to get my hands on it!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:35 PM
FTK
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Here’s my GT3 Touring in PTS slate grey which has got delivered some weeks after my winged GT3 in GT silver with PDK. The Touring has got some nice CXX specs which includes stitchings in GT silver full buckets in pepita as well as the rear fully leathered with additional GT3 stitching. Both are awesome cars but the Touring has the better look and is definitely a keeper. On track and on the highway the winged with PDK is the better fit who also has got winter tyres and which has got bought to have fun and to run the odometer as much as possible. Life’s to short for driving regular 911s if not air cooled.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts

Montoya- thanks for keeping this going! You can update my car now (I’m waiting for ppf). PTS Speed Yellow GT3 Touring, full leather, 18 ways, Bose, PCCB’s. This is probably the only Speed Yellow. It’s so close to the free Racing Yellow that no one else will be crazy enough to spend the extra money. RY is brighter, more yellow and never did it for me but I always loved Speed yellow. I actually ordered my Touring in black. A different dealer called my dealer and asked if I would trade their earlier allocation for my later allocation since my allocation was now in the PTS window. My dealer and I had no idea I could get PTS so I changed from black to Speed Yellow. Having 185 colors to choose from wasn’t easy. For over 20 years all my cars have been either black or white so this will was take some getting used to

Old 12-23-2018, 06:59 PM
tasman
Race Car

She's. Beauty Kévin. Congrats
Old 12-23-2018, 07:59 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing crazy about having the body match the calipers.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:56 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by FTK
Hi Montoya, do you remember? We had dinner together the night before the delivery of your awesome GT3 in Leipzig. On the right is my GT3 in GT silver as well as on track.

I hope you had a lot of fun in the Alps

Yes, a very warm welcome to Leipzig- something I won't soon forget! Thanks again for being so welcoming, it was a highlight of the trip!

Originally Posted by FTK
Here’s my GT3 Touring in PTS slate grey which has got delivered some weeks after my winged GT3 in GT silver with PDK. The Touring has got some nice CXX specs which includes stitchings in GT silver full buckets in pepita as well as the rear fully leathered with additional GT3 stitching. Both are awesome cars but the Touring has the better look and is definitely a keeper. On track and on the highway the winged with PDK is the better fit who also has got winter tyres and which has got bought to have fun and to run the odometer as much as possible. Life’s to short for driving regular 911s if not air cooled.

Nice! I had you down for British Racing Green, way back when. I guess you changed your color before locking- looks nice! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Carcam
Montoya- thanks for keeping this going! You can update my car now (I’m waiting for ppf). PTS Speed Yellow GT3 Touring, full leather, 18 ways, Bose, PCCB’s. This is probably the only Speed Yellow. It’s so close to the free Racing Yellow that no one else will be crazy enough to spend the extra money. RY is brighter, more yellow and never did it for me but I always loved Speed yellow. I actually ordered my Touring in black. A different dealer called my dealer and asked if I would trade their earlier allocation for my later allocation since my allocation was now in the PTS window. My dealer and I had no idea I could get PTS so I changed from black to Speed Yellow. Having 185 colors to choose from wasn’t easy. For over 20 years all my cars have been either black or white so this will was take some getting used to

Oh you can't talk about Speed Yellow being anything close to Racing Yellow! Speed Yellow is one of my favorite colors, it was the color of my first GT3! You're photos don't do it justice, here's one of mine:

Old 12-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a gt3 but I forgot the color name - a gray color with a bluish tinge. Any help would be appreciated as I’m planning for a 992.2 gt3 pts. ��
Old 12-24-2018, 05:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Andre,

You can mark me delivered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order