Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:04 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
There is a PTS 991.1 GT3 RS in Speed Yellow available for sale on Bring a Trailer. It has 110 miles on it.
110 miles? They would have been better off buying a die-cast model instead:
Old 07-05-2018, 01:20 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 474 Likes on 223 Posts

V260 status!

Name:  hra4tgT.png
Views: 106
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 07-06-2018, 11:15 AM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

My PTS Mexico Blue manual GT3 is v331. ETA 8/17

Last edited by CTK; 07-06-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-06-2018, 12:11 PM
carrerafanboy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all,

I have a PTS GT3T at V215 as of last week (woo!). However, I'm beginning to... have some second thoughts about my choice in color

I'm thrilled to have a Touring on the way, and plan/hope to keep the car for a very long time -- which is what leads to my concern. Will I love the color I chose when it arrives? Will I love it in 1, 2, 5, 10 years..? For that reason, I originally thought about playing it safe and going with White or GT Silver, but the opportunity to spec PTS was hard to pass up, and my request for Maritime Blue was approved. I was initially drawn to Viola Metallic, followed by Meerblau, and a few other dark blue metallics. Concern with Viola was that I'd outgrow it quickly, and Meerblau was a little too elegant for me.

Anyway -- is "PTS remorse" (a la "buyer's remorse") a common thing? And for those who have received a car in a PTS color they didn't end up loving in the end -- what did you do? Wrap, sell, or did you eventually find an appreciation for it?

Please go easy on me -- this is my first time configuring a Pcar, much less PTS :x

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance!
Old 07-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by carrerafanboy
Hi all,

I have a PTS GT3T at V215 as of last week (woo!). However, I'm beginning to... have some second thoughts about my choice in color

I'm thrilled to have a Touring on the way, and plan/hope to keep the car for a very long time -- which is what leads to my concern. Will I love the color I chose when it arrives? Will I love it in 1, 2, 5, 10 years..? For that reason, I originally thought about playing it safe and going with White or GT Silver, but the opportunity to spec PTS was hard to pass up, and my request for Maritime Blue was approved. I was initially drawn to Viola Metallic, followed by Meerblau, and a few other dark blue metallics. Concern with Viola was that I'd outgrow it quickly, and Meerblau was a little too elegant for me.

Anyway -- is "PTS remorse" (a la "buyer's remorse") a common thing? And for those who have received a car in a PTS color they didn't end up loving in the end -- what did you do? Wrap, sell, or did you eventually find an appreciation for it?

Please go easy on me -- this is my first time configuring a Pcar, much less PTS :x

Don't be silly and rest assured, maritime is one of the coolest colours you could choose.

Relaxxxxxxxx..........
Old 07-06-2018, 05:43 PM
RupeTN
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got a call that mine is now V215......GT3 Touring, Gemini Blue Metallic 335, CXX seats (graphite blue leather on buckets, houndstooth), deviated stitching, side stripes, a few other small bits. Delivery was late Nov before the CXX stuff, now showing 1/19. But of course that could change. Something to look forward to anyway.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:50 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I just got word that mine left Emden yesterday aboard the Rockies Highway. So naturally I plugged that into the vessel tracker and what do you know?? Next port of call Bremerhaven...which is in the other direction, lol. It's going to be a long couple of weeks...on the other hand, this puts it about a month ahead of what I had expected
Old 07-06-2018, 06:17 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all,

Maritime is fantastic.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:32 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi all,

You'll have a bunch of takers if you decide you don't like it. If you didn't pay too much ADM, you'll make a profit if you want to sell.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:44 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

Hi all,

I didn’t end up with PTS. I really love Miami blue but decided to go with my gut and get chalk. Can’t help but wonder if the scarcity of GT3 allocations is the reason I chose a more subdued color that I know I won’t tire of.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Wakanda's finest
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings all,

Got the call today from that I am locked for 12/26/18 delivery of my Viola Metallic GT3. Submitted a request for Gulf Blue on the last round of PTS but did not make the cut, so extremely excited about my Xmas present. Going with yellow stitching, ceramics, and PDK (my wife wants to drive it too) and an NS2 decal set/detailing. Special shout out to my SA Britton who has been such a pleasure to work with on my first PTS car. Best of luck to all who are still waiting for word on their cars!
Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
V260 status!
Originally Posted by CTK
My PTS Mexico Blue manual GT3 is v331. ETA 8/17
Hi all,

Of course it's worth it. Remorse yes- only that I can't have every color I like at once. Viola, Olive, Golf Blue, Viper Green... the list goes on and on!!!

Originally Posted by boxer-11
I just got word that mine left Emden yesterday aboard the Rockies Highway. So naturally I plugged that into the vessel tracker and what do you know?? Next port of call Bremerhaven...which is in the other direction, lol. It's going to be a long couple of weeks...on the other hand, this puts it about a month ahead of what I had expected
Very exciting!!

Originally Posted by Wakanda's finest
Greetings all,

Got the call today from that I am locked for 12/26/18 delivery of my Viola Metallic GT3. Submitted a request for Gulf Blue on the last round of PTS but did not make the cut, so extremely excited about my Xmas present. Going with yellow stitching, ceramics, and PDK (my wife wants to drive it too) and an NS2 decal set/detailing. Special shout out to my SA Britton who has been such a pleasure to work with on my first PTS car. Best of luck to all who are still waiting for word on their cars!

Thanks everyone for your updates and new additions to the list!!

Andre
Old 07-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

260 BABY!!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:35 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Paint protection film in progress...
Old 07-09-2018, 05:39 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Gang - mine got moved up a bit. I locked on 6/28 instead of 7/6, so looks like it moved up a week.

Is it even possible to get the car before Labor Day?

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order