Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Old 03-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Throttlesteerer
After a way too long wait during which I tried to emptyread the interweb about the subject, I finally picked up my car today at the factory.

This forum supplied some useful info here and there in the process, as well as providing interesting pics of builts already delivered.
So I thought I post some pics of mine and elaborate on my order tactics to feed the system back a bit...

After already having owned 3 GT cars during the last 14 years, I was not interested in another winged car as I stopped tracking and racing (997 cup) a while ago.
But when I was sniffing the Touring around the corner before the announcement,
I thought this is absolutely the right occasion/car to realize my long grown urge to someday built a special PTS 911 for me to use as a street driver.

I was afraid that there would be a big hype about the Touring and wanted my homeworks to be done before a huge crowd of
„non GT People“ come in for the car (R hype) and make it hard to get one.
Well, this anticipation actually never materialized in the extend that I thought it would, but I wanted to play it safe.

So in August I got myself a February PTS allocation for a winged car,
as I (rightfully) thought Touring versions would go via a normal GT3 allocations and not via extra Touring ones.
After the Touring was announced in Sept there was no PTS possible for it.
In (an educated) anticipation of PTS to be possible for Tourings at a later date,
I decided to not directly switch from PTS-Wing to nonPTS-Touring and then having to re-apply for PTS later with questionable outcome.
I thought it was safer to wait and switch from PTS-Wing to PTS-Touring when this possibility opens up.
Then I changed my February allocation to a March one to be a bit safer time wise in regards of future PTS availability.

Obviously this limbo was nerve wrecking at times, but thankfully this tactic played out when PTS actually became available for the Touring.
During this time I prepared the 3 little CXX options with the Exclusive Dept. that were applied to my order when the change to Touring built was done.
From then on (think it was November) it was „just“ waiting.

Reading from delays of other PTS builts, stop sale PTS and people with confirmed PTS orders being PTS-cancelled did not make this waiting time any more comfortable.

As far as color goes, I was after a classic non metallic faded/washed out blue. Aetna, Meissen and Gulf were the candidates.
Aetna ended up being to dark after seeing it live on a new car. Meissen is very cool too, but was afraid of it being too light and colorless.
Not caring about the blue/orange theme at all, I never the less decided for gulfblue as the tone was just right.
I always LOVED those IROC Porsches from ´73/´74 and gulfblue was part of the color palette.
The color was a special order color in the early 70s and the Touring name and the special Touring seat fabric also points to that time.
So it makes perfect sense. Right?

Keeper is faster said than done, but that is definitely the plan here.
This model represents quintessential Porsche attributes to me and is not being bought as an up to date performance car,
but rather (in view of further developments) as a classic recipe drivers car in a (its?) technological high state.

Well, what can I say. Wait time is over. I ended up with exactly what I wanted and received it on time without any delays other than my own safety move from Feb to March.
Seems like that move was just right as my car seems to be a real early one as it is the first PTS Touring to emerge on the web (no Feb PTS Touring built dates out there?).
Hard to believe this, as there always is another sckr that gets his before you. Seems for once I am that sckr now

Enjoy the pics...

Great story Thanks for sharing
I did notice that the stitching is indeed Black/Gray vs just Black which shows on the configurator
Looks great
Best of luck
Regards
Ed
Old 03-21-2018, 06:44 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts
Default Confidential pts

Dears there s no reason to hide a PTS
now that no new PTS orders can be entered

Come on spill the beans!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:59 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

That's lovely! Congrats
Old 03-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

After a way too long wait during which I tried to emptyread the interweb about the subject, I finally picked up my car today at the factory.

This forum supplied some useful info here and there in the process, as well as providing interesting pics of builts already delivered.
So I thought I post some pics of mine and elaborate on my order tactics to feed the system back a bit...

After already having owned 3 GT cars during the last 14 years, I was not interested in another winged car as I stopped tracking and racing (997 cup) a while ago.
I thought this is absolutely the right occasion/car to realize my long grown urge to someday built a special PTS 911 for me to use as a street driver.

I was afraid that there would be a big hype about the Touring and wanted my homeworks to be done before a huge crowd of
Well, this anticipation actually never materialized in the extend that I thought it would, but I wanted to play it safe.

as I (rightfully) thought Touring versions would go via a normal GT3 allocations and not via extra Touring ones.
In (an educated) anticipation of PTS to be possible for Tourings at a later date,
I decided to not directly switch from PTS-Wing to nonPTS-Touring and then having to re-apply for PTS later with questionable outcome.
I thought it was safer to wait and switch from PTS-Wing to PTS-Touring when this possibility opens up.
Then I changed my February allocation to a March one to be a bit safer time wise in regards of future PTS availability.

Obviously this limbo was nerve wrecking at times, but thankfully this tactic played out when PTS actually became available for the Touring.
During this time I prepared the 3 little CXX options with the Exclusive Dept. that were applied to my order when the change to Touring built was done.

Reading from delays of other PTS builts, stop sale PTS and people with confirmed PTS orders being PTS-cancelled did not make this waiting time any more comfortable.

As far as color goes, I was after a classic non metallic faded/washed out blue. Aetna, Meissen and Gulf were the candidates.
Aetna ended up being to dark after seeing it live on a new car. Meissen is very cool too, but was afraid of it being too light and colorless.
Not caring about the blue/orange theme at all, I never the less decided for gulfblue as the tone was just right.
I always LOVED those IROC Porsches from ´73/´74 and gulfblue was part of the color palette.
The color was a special order color in the early 70s and the Touring name and the special Touring seat fabric also points to that time.

This model represents quintessential Porsche attributes to me and is not being bought as an up to date performance car,
but rather (in view of further developments) as a classic recipe drivers car in a (its?) technological high state.

Well, what can I say. Wait time is over. I ended up with exactly what I wanted and received it on time without any delays other than my own safety move from Feb to March.
Seems like that move was just right as my car seems to be a real early one as it is the first PTS Touring to emerge on the web (no Feb PTS Touring built dates out there?).
Hard to believe this, as there always is another sckr that gets his before you. Seems for once I am that sckr now

Enjoy the pics...
First! Looks beautiful. What cxx options did you get?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice - congrats!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:43 AM
Throttlesteerer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bardman

First! Looks beautiful. What cxx options did you get?
Leathered air vents, painted nipples, leathered centre console trim (while having aluminium trim strips)
Old 03-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Leathered air vents, painted nipples, leathered centre console trim (while having aluminium trim strips)
Nicely done! I chose similar CXX options: leather vent surrounds (but plastic slats), and painted nipples. I spec'd black stitching for a more stealth interior, as well as leather trim and leather steering wheel, so your interior shots are the first I've seen of a similar-looking combo! Thanks for the preview while I patiently wait for mine to arrive. Love the Gulf Blue...
Old 03-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Well played Sir. To hold ones nerve through the noise is commendable. Very nice build and colour.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Peter_GT4
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats, very nice! I saw it in the flesh yesterday while picking up the guards red one in the other corner ;-)

Peter
Old 03-22-2018, 09:55 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

11 out of 10. Classic and subtle!

I looked at all of the same color choices that you did.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:50 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
Just received the same dreaded update from my SA. Was a March Build with June Delivery now a June build with an August Delivery - missing summer
Not much CXX - but PTS (22L) Touring - don't know if that is the reason (the PTS part not the touring part)
At least it is coming to San Diego where we can drive our babies almost all year round.

Now I'm actually contemplating ED as we are due to be in Europe at the end of June anyway - before it was going to push my delivery back 2.5 months
Let us know if you do Euro Delivery and the delivery date. My delivery is estimated for Wk2 July at this point. I put you on the list, so now you have to keep us updated!

Originally Posted by sansan
Argh. Went from April to May to June to July. Yesterday I was told September! They didn’t even have the courtesy of giving me August first to complete the months...

Oh well. First world problems. Who knows if they will surprise me sometime and the car will actually be built.
Originally Posted by 0to60
Still in the fight for my PTS build. I just checked with PCNA my build date was 03/23 and is now 03/29. Thought it was odd that PCNA told me production is on a Thursday. I was under the impression build dates were always given out on a Friday. Let's see what happens on the new build date of 03/29.

Enjoy the pics...

Thanks for the updates- I've been keeping up as we go. I'll try to post the update tonight. I had a race weekend at Willow Springs, so I've been a little preoccupied! Went OK until Sunday's race! Guess that's why I have a day job! Check out my blog post if you are interested!

Andre
Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Blazed
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My Viper Green manual is on the water and should arrive at the Port or Benicia (SF Bay Area ) in mid-April.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:36 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazed
My Viper Green manual is on the water and should arrive at the Port or Benicia (SF Bay Area ) in mid-April.
Nice first post! Do you mind letting us know more details for the list?

Manual?
Dealer State?
touring?
CXX?
Old 03-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Blazed
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It’s a manual with a few minor cxx options including carbon fiber acid green illuminated door sills. Main options are LWB, PCCB, FAL, LEDs in black, and satin black wheels. It’s not a touring and is heading to Reno, Nevada.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazed
It’s a manual with a few minor cxx options including carbon fiber acid green illuminated door sills. Main options are LWB, PCCB, FAL, LEDs in black, and satin black wheels. It’s not a touring and is heading to Reno, Nevada.
I'm waiting on my Viper Green GT3, that will make at least two in Nevada

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order