Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 10:31 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Remove either bumper or a door handle and you will find Porsche has placed a label with your PTS color/# on the hidden side of these

Originally Posted by montoya
I was contacted recently by a fellow Reenlister, @F77 , who agreed to let me share his story which I will share here:

Hi Andre
I’m a little slow in getting around to sending you the details of my Winged PTS 2018 GT3. I’ve had it since June-2019, and bought it with 1500 miles on it. It took me 2 months to track down exactly what I had, got help among others, fellow RL member (evilfij). Many other folks, including the selling Dealership ... and especially PCA were far less helpful but ironically it was the PCA’s very own story in Magazine and video that got me to my answer. You’re probably saying to yourself, “what the hell color is his car”, it’s WHITE, Grand Prix White to be exact. From the beginning I couldn’t understand why anyone would pay $13K for a White PTS GT3. On top of that the window sticker of $194K I thought was very high as well. Then on top of that the original owner added a list of “custom” aftermarket touches.

I was able to track down through the PCA video: “The Super-Secret White Porsche Collection”, Carl Bauer the Curator of the collection. It was in the video that I ran in slow motion that I was able to see my one-of-one Paint Code specific to this collection, 9A5. Of course you’ll not find a “modern day” Grand Prix White Porsche outside this Collection. That code was featured on a placard in front of an empty car position as the 2019 GTRS had not yet arrived to the collection. And so there it is, turns out my car was a allocation for The White Collection, but in fact was passed on and left for the dealership to sell to public.

Finally, hope you haven’t fallen asleep yet as you’re only the third person I’ve explained all of this to. One of the more confusing aspects from very beginning was that both Build Sheet and Window Sticker lists “Exterior in Custom Color, Metallic”. And listed as code 99 on Build Sheet. Well we all know Grand Prix White is NOT Metallic, but it was evilfij who among others explained that that mistake has happen before.

I apologize for taking up your time with this lengthy dissertation. It was an exciting time for me frankly those two months playing detective trying to get at the origins of my car, a basic white car at that. Nothing exciting like your pastel orange which I love and the many greens and blues that I love. In the end though it kind of is a neat story that I think only Porsche folks can appreciate. I finally was able to get PCA/Rennbow.org to update their paint codes to include this unique paint code. Thanks'"

Here are the pictures he shared with me- such an awesome car and story! What's cool about it is that as these special cars age, the history of the owners becomes intertwined in the history of the cars adding to the value of ownership. Pretty cool!

Old 05-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Remove either bumper or a door handle and you will find Porsche has placed a label with your PTS color/# on the hidden side of these
My rear bumper had a paint code for viper on it. The bumpers/door handles are all painted by the suppliers, Porsche sends them paint from the same batch your car is painted from.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
My rear bumper had a paint code for viper on it. The bumpers/door handles are all painted by the suppliers, Porsche sends them paint from the same batch your car is painted from.
I never even thought to look when I did my oil change this winter. I'll have to check it out next time!

Old 05-21-2021, 11:50 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NCPM
Hello Andre,

Pics and other details below as requested per our email exchanges.

Car purchased in September 2020 with 1536 miles on it. Color is "Green", (formerly called RS Green).

Non-factory options provided by the previous owner are as follows:
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear wing end caps.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear air inlets.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber mirror covers, (upper).
  • Gloss carbon-fiber window triangles (wind deflection)
  • Full PPF
  • Akrapovic Slip-On Race Line (Titanium) center muffler delete with Titanium tips.

Originally Posted by drl

Just like mine, not too many in that color.
@drl , @NCPM - you two are the only 'Green' I have on my list. Rare and awesome color choice!!
The following users liked this post:
NCPM (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 01:33 PM
amsmike
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Pure Green 2018 GT3
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2021, 08:35 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by NCPM
Hello Andre,

Pics and other details below as requested per our email exchanges.

Car purchased in September 2020 with 1536 miles on it. Color is "Green", (formerly called RS Green).

Non-factory options provided by the previous owner are as follows:
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear wing end caps.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber rear air inlets.
  • Gloss carbon-fiber mirror covers, (upper).
  • Gloss carbon-fiber window triangles (wind deflection)
  • Full PPF
  • Akrapovic Slip-On Race Line (Titanium) center muffler delete with Titanium tips.

Lucky you! I was in the talk with MG about this car then have a coming roadtrip, after I got back this was gone.
The following users liked this post:
NCPM (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 11:16 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by amsmike
Pure Green 2018 GT3
beautiful. Pic looks like socal - ?
Old 05-22-2021, 06:43 PM
amsmike
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
beautiful. Pic looks like socal - ?
Yes! That pic was at the San Clemente outlets where Cars and Coffee takes place on Saturdays.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:17 AM
esosrl
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice List

Hello,

Do you also have that list for the Panamera ?

Thanks in advance,

Christ.

Originally Posted by montoya
Now live! I will no longer update this image below. Up to date list with links to pictures of delivered cars are here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last Image update 5/9 (sorted by color):

Let's start a thread for those of us who have a confirmed PTS order pending for the new GT3. I would like to collect information that will be of interest to everyone about their order and build a database that we can publish. Information such as:

Color (duh)
CXX options
Delivery location (Europe, PEC Atlanta etc.)
Manual/PDK
Delivery date
Current V code
etc.

My order- V180, Manual, June Production, Euro Del., No CXX, Pastel Orange

But let me know what you want to track in the database. I'll make a shared doc we can all view and post with updates.

Confidentiality: If you want your order to remain confidential, PM me your information and note what you would like to keep confidential and I will not share that information.

Also, here we can share information about the process, where are cars are in production, news about custom ordering process etc.

For sure timing is different in Europe, so news and information about those in the other parts of the world is valid and wanted. I would like to add those confirmed orders to the database as well.

So to kick things off, let's start with where things stand in North America with PTS orders-

About two weeks ago word got out that requests for PTS in North America would need to be entered as a ZPT option. If done properly this resulted in your order status changing to V110. It is unclear if the dates you had for your allocation were important, just that your car was not yet in production and still changeable. This V110 order status meant that PCNA would review the order and if everything met a certain criteria it was slotted into a PTS time slot in 2018 and the V code changed to V180, which is where we all are now. The criteria for selection seems to have been more about feasibility than about customer status, although certainly VIP's are in the front of the line. The feasibility criteria is all about your color selection (must be a pre approved color from the PTS list) and certain options around painted parts like mirrors and interior trim. Cost is still up in the air and we are waiting on final pricing once we move from V180. My source at PCNA made sure that I understood that schedules and pricing are all subject to change once Porsche in Germany reviews our requests.

Which leads us to the next step. Again, my source has told me that all PTS requests world wide are in review in Germany. Currently it is summer break and no word on when that review will be completed, but best guess is September when everyone returns. So of course, where ever you are in the world, if you have a PTS order with a V code higher than 180, please let us know.

Looking forward to good input from everyone!

Thanks!

Andre
Old 06-01-2021, 11:29 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esosrl
Hello,

Do you also have that list for the Panamera ?

Thanks in advance,

Christ.
No, sorry..
Old 08-16-2021, 09:58 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
87 degrees in Pittsburgh....today will be a good day

I just bought this car! It’s a perfect companion for my Aubergine ‘73 Carrera RS hotrod. Can’t wait to get it shipped to Minnesota and try it on our track here. The purple 911 collection is growing….
The following 4 users liked this post by getto822000:
JAM2 (08-26-2021), MCL1150 (11-05-2021), montoya (08-30-2021), neurotic (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 07:37 AM
brakerlord
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to think the idea was to reward the regular customers so when they came to be sold on, they would make more-or-leas what you had paid for them but tbh now they bang out so many of these cars that the standard GT’s make a loss. Even some RS cars have dropped as they made about 10k 991.1 gt3rs units world-wide I believe. Only the limited runs maintain value nowadays but is it worthwhile? Was told the 991 speedster required a panamera 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 and a 911 at least as well as being regular customer just to approach being considered...
Old 08-26-2021, 04:45 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by brakerlord
I used to think the idea was to reward the regular customers so when they came to be sold on, they would make more-or-leas what you had paid for them but tbh now they bang out so many of these cars that the standard GT’s make a loss. Even some RS cars have dropped as they made about 10k 991.1 gt3rs units world-wide I believe. Only the limited runs maintain value nowadays but is it worthwhile? Was told the 991 speedster required a panamera 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 and a 911 at least as well as being regular customer just to approach being considered...
Regular customers only care about getting exactly what they want and if Porsche can’t deliver they won’t continue to be regular customers.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:45 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 678 Posts

I know this is an older thread but any PTS GT3 owners thinking of selling their cars? I'm looking to upgrade from my PTS GT4 and in the market.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order