Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't have an order, but was offered a Signal Green October build for no additional markup here in Malaysia today. I passed, as the build is locked according to the dealer and you can call me whatever you want, but I can't live with a Signal Green/PCCB/Red Accent Interior/Red belts/Black handle combo...
The car has a lift, black leds, black wheels, buckets..
One more interesting fact, it seems that only US is getting taxed 12+k on PTS as in the build sheet shown to me the price for PTS is roughly 7600USD (tax free).. They have one Jet Black coming next month and offered two November build slots that are fully configurable.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Hi Montoya. I just got an update on my GT3 991.2 in Voodoo Blue w/ PDK. I am now v180 showing build Mar 18' and arrival to dealer 27Apr2018. So still not guaranteed PTS or any of the CXX options but at least it is progress for my build. I was v110 forever. The build sheet is showing the $12,830 for PTS as well as CXX - Custom Tailoring Option listed. Price for CXX still at $0 and will remain until Porsche accepts/confirms/denies everything and prices it per a footnote on build sheet. As a reminder, my original build date was 15-22Sep2017

Interesting however is that that tracker info gives no detailed information (entry to body shop, exit production, vehicle completion, entry port, etc). If I had to guess, I'd say that v180 simply means PCNA has verified all of the info for the build is correct in the system and it then goes to AG for review and approval. AG as we all know is the final authority so Eduardo may be 100% correct that only a small % will get PTS this time around. Fingers crossed it is all of us RListers.
Fantastic!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

From my sources at Exclusive I was told for the current year (so all with an original delivery date 2017) they will have rougly 50 PTS slots globally. I know a couple of confirmed PTS builds in Germany so that would not leave to much for the rest of the world. In Germany, the window for ordering PTS was just open 24h !!! A friend of my got the lucky shot confirmed.... As my is a March 2018 build, I could not order PTS at that window.... too bad!
Old 08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
they will have rougly 50 PTS slots globally. I know a couple of confirmed PTS builds in Germany so that would not leave to much for the rest of the world.
Yikes
Old 08-08-2017, 04:15 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I have a pretty good cleaning lady inside Porsche now. They said a "handful" of PTS cars will arrive in nov / dec. the remainder in the first few months of next year and it will be "very limited"
Old 08-08-2017, 08:06 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

I bet 918 VIP owners who ordered a GT3 PTS car will get it.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:30 PM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a week 46 build confirmed for a lichtgrun (253) delivery to Sydney

Should look something like this

Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
From my sources at Exclusive I was told for the current year (so all with an original delivery date 2017) they will have rougly 50 PTS slots globally. I know a couple of confirmed PTS builds in Germany so that would not leave to much for the rest of the world. In Germany, the window for ordering PTS was just open 24h !!! A friend of my got the lucky shot confirmed.... As my is a March 2018 build, I could not order PTS at that window.... too bad!
Originally Posted by sgroer
I have a pretty good cleaning lady inside Porsche now. They said a "handful" of PTS cars will arrive in nov / dec. the remainder in the first few months of next year and it will be "very limited"
This is all beginning to remind me of the whole 991.1 RS production thing. Rumors flying back and forth that this is a very limited model, only 600 for the US, under a 1000 world wide etc, etc. Nothing logical, just rumors, innuendo and conjecture. At the time I predicted and ultimately was proven correct that the production for the US would be 1500 units or more based on past practice and well, logic. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...500-units.html

So, here we are again with another similar scenario. Again I am going to refute all these expert opinions with logic and past practice and make the bold claim that there will be approximately 175 PTS GT3's built in 2018 with more than half coming to North America. Here's why:

1. A small percentage of total production. The total production run of the .2 GT3 will be approximately 4-5,000 units. 175 units produced as PTS will be most likely less than 5% of total production.

2. More than enough capacity. The PTS production window starts for World Wide customers in December (from the list) and runs through June (maybe later we don't know for sure). That is 7 months of production. If one car were to be built for every production day for PTS that is a total of 142 cars. I'm sure that more than one car per day can be built, for sure multiple cars per day. However given other models may share the same custom paint facilities or production planning resources let's just say that 1.25 cars per day can be built as PTS. That gets us to 177 cars available world wide. Yes, very limited.

3. PCNA are not idiots and don't like screwing up peoples orders. Yes, that's right, smart people work in Atlanta. There has been considerable planning going on with this round of allocations to allow PTS to follow a more equitable process. The ZPT ordering process allowed (from every indication I can see) for allocations to be matched up with availability in the PTS production window. If you are at V180 your production allocation has moved to a new date in this window. As we have seen already, if you cancel your PTS order, you may be stuck with a much later production date. Nobody at PCNA wants to mess with customers like that on the hope that "what the hell, give everyone PTS and see what the German's will do!". No, planning is going on behind the scenes now. Does this mean you won't get denied for some other reason? No, but it is unlikely (IMO) to be because of PTS production capacity.

4. OMG! I already have over 30 people on my list with PTS! Yes that's right, see above points. And let's do some guesstimating: I said earlier that I've captured maybe a third of all North American orders, maybe 20%. This is based on 10% of GT3 customers on Rennlist, and double or triple that for PTS GT3 customers since they are such nerdy Porsche enthusiasts that they have to flock here in bigger percentages (like me!). So let's take 20% that means 165 orders total in North America going PTS. 33% is 100 orders total. Let's just say its something in-between- 120-130 total orders for PTS in North America. That sounds about right to me, and doable in the PTS production capacity of 175. That also means more than 70% of PTS production will go to the US. I don't know if that sounds too far off what I see from postings of PTS cars in the ROW. They really seem much more plentiful here.

5. Past practice. 50 cars total available for PTS doesn't even pass the sniff test held up against the total number of 991.1 RS's in PTS in North America. I believe that number is closer to 100 maybe over. I believe there is a color thread somewhere supporting me on this...EDIT found it, more than 150 RS PTS cars in NA:

Originally Posted by Loess
I don't remember how many cars that old number was based on (likely around 700) but based on 1100 cars the numbers are now:

Lava = 31%
White = 21%
UV = 17%
Silver = 16%
PTS = 15%
So there you have it. Some logic to remember while you wait at V180 and all these rumors that seem so factual come flying at you. Keep calm and carry on. Soon all will be revealed.

Last edited by montoya; 09-19-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm at V180 status, and just re read the email from my SA. He stated in the email that order was now not changeble. When we spoke several days ago, I was told by my SA that PCNA wanted him to reach out to me and confirm order/options. Seems weird at V180 that order is not changeable. SMH
Old 08-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Montoya bringing the logic!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Asco
One more interesting fact, it seems that only US is getting taxed 12+k on PTS as in the build sheet shown to me the price for PTS is roughly 7600USD (tax free).. They have one Jet Black coming next month and offered two November build slots that are fully configurable.

Can anyone actually confirm this information? Is the US really getting shafted here with PTS pricing. Forget trying to make investment sense out of resale value, for what I suspect is likely their biggest market I can't believe they would have a much higher PTS price in the US than anywhere else. Typically cars are less expensive here than even in Germany. I have a PTS order in (build number assigned but PTS not confirmed) but this whole pricing game is really getting ridiculous. It would seem to me PTS is being priced to discourage it. I guess if you are buying the car it's one thing but if you're leasing it, it doesn't seem to compute given you likely won't be able to residualize that anyway given MRM allowances.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
I have a week 46 build confirmed for a lichtgrun (253) delivery to Sydney

Should look something like this

Wow. That color is really growing on me. Not enough yet to change my PTS order, but curious, how did you spec the interior? I see acid green stitching as an option.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Wow. That color is really growing on me. Not enough yet to change my PTS order, but curious, how did you spec the interior?
Black leather and Acid Green belts and stitching FTW!!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:15 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
This is all beginning to remind me of the whole 991.1 RS production thing. Rumors flying back and forth that this is a very limited model, only 600 for the US, under a 1000 world wide etc, etc. Nothing logical, just rumors, innuendo and conjecture. At the time I predicted and ultimately was proven correct that the production for the US would be 1500 units or more based on past practice and well, logic. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...500-units.html

So, here we are again with another similar scenario. Again I am going to refute all these expert opinions with logic and past practice and make the bold claim that there will be approximately 175 PTS GT3's built in 2018 with more than half coming to North America. Here's why:

1. A small percentage of total production. The total production run of the .2 GT3 will be approximately 4-5,000 units. 175 units produced as PTS will be most likely less than 5% of total production.

2. More than enough capacity. The PTS production window starts for World Wide customers in December (from the list) and runs through June (maybe later we don't know for sure). That is 7 months of production. If one car were to be built for every production day for PTS that is a total of 142 cars. I'm sure that more than one car per day can be built, for sure multiple cars per day. However given other models may share the same custom paint facilities or production planning resources let's just say that 1.25 cars per day can be built as PTS. That gets us to 177 cars available world wide. Yes, very limited.

3. PCNA are not idiots and don't like screwing up peoples orders. Yes, that's right, smart people work in Atlanta. There has been considerable planning going on with this round of allocations to allow PTS to follow a more equitable process. The ZPT ordering process allowed (from every indication I can see) for allocations to be matched up with availability in the PTS production window. If you are at V180 your production allocation has moved to a new date in this window. As we have seen already, if you cancel your PTS order, you may be stuck with a much later production date. Nobody at PCNA wants to mess with customers like that on the hope that "what the hell, give everyone PTS and see what the German's will do!". No, planning is going on behind the scenes now. Does this mean you won't get denied for some other reason? No, but it is unlikely (IMO) to be because of PTS production capacity.

4. OMG! I already have over 30 people on my list with PTS! Yes that's right, see above points. And let's do some guesstimating: I said earlier that I've captured maybe a third of all North American orders, maybe 20%. This is based on 10% of GT3 customers on Rennlist, and double or triple that for PTS GT3 customers since they are such nerdy Porsche enthusiasts that they have to flock here in bigger percentages (like me!). So let's take 20% that means 165 orders total in North America going PTS. 33% is 100 orders total. Let's just say its something in-between- 120-130 total orders for PTS in North America. That sounds about right to me, and doable in the PTS production capacity of 175. That also means more than 70% of PTS production will go to the US. I don't know if that sounds too far off what I see from postings of PTS cars in the ROW. They really seem much more plentiful here.

5. Past practice. 50 cars total available for PTS doesn't even pass the sniff test held up against the total number of 991.1 RS's in PTS in North America. I believe that number is closer to 100 maybe over. I believe there is a color thread somewhere supporting me on this...

So there you have it. Some logic to remember while you wait at V180 and all these rumors that seem so factual come flying at you. Keep calm and carry on. Soon all will be revealed.
This sounds feasible and I buy your logic. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya

5. Past practice. 50 cars total available for PTS doesn't even pass the sniff test held up against the total number of 991.1 RS's in PTS in North America. I believe that number is closer to 100 maybe over. I believe there is a color thread somewhere supporting me on this...

One problem, where are all the people who requested PTS but got denied a slot? We all know this has historically been a very oversubscribed option, and yet I haven't heard of anyone say they requested PTS, but were told no. In fact, it seems like just about everyone is reporting they expect PTS approval. Something about that just doesn't feel right to me, since the denials should far outweigh the approvals.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order