Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 02:59 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I wonder why they withdrew the option?

I assume no news on V180->V2xx while they were on the phone?
US regulation in 2018 (May?) that all cars need a back-up camera

Didn't ask about the V status--but he also told me my PTS will most likely be approved. I have my doubts (I'm a glass half-empty guy), so I will wait until the car hits States-side in June/July.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Now that cars are starting to show up, I am REAAALLLLY struggling with this v180 crap. I would probably have my car in hand right now had I picked a normal color. #ptsregrets Hopefully when (if!) it arrives, it will all be worth it....
Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Now that cars are starting to show up, I am REAAALLLLY struggling with this v180 crap. I would probably have my car in hand right now had I picked a normal color. #ptsregrets Hopefully when (if!) it arrives, it will all be worth it....
what color did you go with?
Old 10-17-2017, 09:49 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

And if I had paid an adm mine would likely be here soon too?! I think your PTS will be worth it! Me standing on my principles only time will tell.

LOL

Hopefully you V180 guys will get clarity soon
Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
what color did you go with?
Gelbgrun with black wheels and lights... should be awesome!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Old 10-17-2017, 10:10 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My SA emailed Porsche as I wanted to know whether I should wait in GT3 or change to touring package (my preferred car is touring in PTS). We have gathered the following:
1-PTS requests for cars up to January build have been approved, he had an example customer car, January build, that went from V180 to V220 (locked) yesterday. He seemed to believe "all" such cars not just some were approved.
2-They said once approved, the order may lock immediately. The customer car he has did just that.
3-PTS for the touring package may hit the configurator as "early" as January. Assuming a 3 months lead time before locking, those with builds in May or later (mine is May) may be able to switch to touring PTS then, shortly before the order locks.
4-They recommended I do not switch to touring now as it will be too late in January to request a PTS
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
My SA emailed Porsche as I wanted to know whether I should wait in GT3 or change to touring package (my preferred car is touring in PTS). We have gathered the following:
1-PTS requests for cars up to January build have been approved, he had an example customer car, January build, that went from V180 to V220 (locked) yesterday. He seemed to believe "all" such cars not just some were approved.
2-They said once approved, the order may lock immediately. The customer car he has did just that.
3-PTS for the touring package may hit the configurator as "early" as January. Assuming a 3 months lead time before locking, those with builds in May or later (mine is May) may be able to switch to touring PTS then, shortly before the order locks.
4-They recommended I do not switch to touring now as it will be too late in January to request a PTS
Thanks for the data point Sam! Of course, we only have two people on the list that are January production, both post infrequently, but I will ping them to see if there is a change in their status. This is confirming what I heard earlier, that the orders are going to be confirmed in order of production month. Most everyone is out in the Feb, Mar, Apr timeframe with some out all the way to May, (you!) and June (me!). I guess this is going to be a long wait for us...
Old 10-17-2017, 11:26 PM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome, same spec as mine, (#137) black wheels / LED / Clubsport getting built in week 48.

something going on with the US PTS builds, as i had only confirmed my color change (to PTS) in September!
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
Thanks for the data point Sam! Of course, we only have two people on the list that are January production, both post infrequently, but I will ping them to see if there is a change in their status. This is confirming what I heard earlier, that the orders are going to be confirmed in order of production month. Most everyone is out in the Feb, Mar, Apr timeframe with some out all the way to May, (you!) and June (me!). I guess this is going to be a long wait for us...

pastel orange is going to be sponge-worthy!

Old 10-17-2017, 11:56 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
pastel orange is going to be sponge-worthy!

LOL! If only Elaine was part of the delivery!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Hmmm, mine is a Jan 2018 build...I'll ping my SA to check my status tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:26 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
awesome, same spec as mine, (#137) black wheels / LED / Clubsport getting built in week 48.

something going on with the US PTS builds, as i had only confirmed my color change (to PTS) in September!
Same configuration as mine too.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:53 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Hmmm, mine is a Jan 2018 build...I'll ping my SA to check my status tomorrow.
I think, but can't confirm that this is your original production date and yours is a second round allocation. With first round allocations, the production date moved to a later date. For example mine went from Oct to June. I have a question mark on your January production date because I never confirmed your 'new' estimated production date.

But yes, please call, perhaps you will get get good news, at the very least you will get an updated production month.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Andre
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Same configuration as mine too.
so much for the uniqueness of PTS

these will look amazing!

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order