Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Old 08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Yeah, too bad! Haku cancelled his as well. Was going to be Maritime Blue!

Sad.

I have to admit that Porsche bungled this price increase. I really think the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing at PCNA or at Porsche. Why else would it have gone up twice in two days. You can just imagine the conversation in the back halls:

"Verdammt!!! Where's Jurgen? Why is PTS only $9,000?! I told him to double it!!"

"Ok, tut mir Leid!! I just changed it to almost $13,000. Ist das in Ordnung??

Bottom line, it forced some people to drop out. If they had somehow notified people beforehand it would have been much better. But then again, the whole PTS process is so difficult this is just par for the course.
As Montoya correctly stated, I cancelled my maritime pts.

In the overall scheme of things $4k wouldn't have mattered much but the inconsistency, lack of timely information, and the abrupt policy change by pcna made the PTS vitamin pill become more of an elephant sized suppository which my butt couldn't take. Furthermore, the delivery dates were all over the place and afaik are still unconfirmed.

It would have also meant me most likely not having the car by our Smokies Spring event in April. That was a big no no for me.

I may regret my decision but hey ho, it's a car!

New choice is Carmine Red, pccb's, everything else black!
Old 08-06-2017, 12:04 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku

In the overall scheme of things $4k wouldn't have mattered much but the inconsistency, lack of timely information, and the abrupt policy change by pcna made the PTS vitamin pill become more of an elephant sized suppository which my butt couldn't take. Furthermore, the delivery dates were all over the place and afaik are still unconfirmed.

It would have also meant me most likely not having the car by our Smokies Spring event in April. That was a big no no for me.

I may regret my decision but hey ho, it's a car!

New choice is Carmine Red, pccb's, everything else black!
Carmine is beautiful- It's what we chose for our Macan GTS:

Name:  fullsizeoutput_b90.jpeg
Views: 3716
Size:  1.96 MB

As I stated earlier- your consolation prize for canceling your PTS order is you get to buy a new GT3!!
Old 08-06-2017, 12:45 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Cormid
After canceling my PTS, my SA contacted PCNA to unlock my build to make the change. It looks like my PTS would have actually been approved. My production date had moved to February to accommodate the request. grrr
Originally Posted by Haku
Another interesting part of the PTS process. When someone (Cormid) cancelled their PTS, their allocation still stays, just changes color from PTS to regular. Therefore, it appears that their ins't a new PTS slot that "opens" as a result of someone cancelling PTS as it's tied to their allocation.

In the end, it would be interesting to know how many PTS requests were made for this build period, how many were cancelled, and how many were accepted and produced.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:40 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know what that meant but a couple of weeks ago, I decided to change my build from PDK to manual but the SA was unable to do so as V180 is not changeable. A few days later, the car went V200 so he made the change, then it briefly went V1XX (something else below 180, don't recall), then back to V180. No idea what that temporary movement meant, nor did he. Just sharing a bit of useless information.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:00 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27
Another interesting part of the PTS process. When someone (Cormid) cancelled their PTS, their allocation still stays, just changes color from PTS to regular. Therefore, it appears that their ins't a new PTS slot that "opens" as a result of someone cancelling PTS as it's tied to their allocation.

In the end, it would be interesting to know how many PTS requests were made for this build period, how many were cancelled, and how many were accepted and produced.
This is correct from my understanding.

This is how I believe it works: Our PTS orders are commissioned to an allocation further out when they are building PTS- Therefore your commission that originally is tied to a production allocation in 2017 gets 'moved' to a new allocation in 2018, but your commission number stays the same. Now your original allocation is available for a new commission to a new order. Technically we are grabbing allocations for PTS that are months out and not released yet except for planning PTS orders. So if you cancel your PTS, the commission number is still tied to the allocation for a production month for PTS, some other commission number elsewhere in the world has used your original allocation in 2017- you can't get it back. Hope this makes sense...

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I don't know what that meant but a couple of weeks ago, I decided to change my build from PDK to manual but the SA was unable to do so as V180 is not changeable. A few days later, the car went V200 so he made the change, then it briefly went V1XX (something else below 180, don't recall), then back to V180. No idea what that temporary movement meant, nor did he. Just sharing a bit of useless information.
My guess- They removed the PTS request which put your allocation into V200, allowing them to change the build. Then when they put it back to PTS, it went V110 (review by PCNA) and finally last week back to V180 (review by Porsche Germany).

Nice that your dealer is competent and confident enough to make those changes for you!!

Last edited by montoya; 08-06-2017 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Clarified opinion from fact
Old 08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My guess- They removed the PTS request which put your allocation into V200, allowing them to change the build. Then when they put it back to PTS, it went V110 (review by PCNA) and finally last week back to V180 (review by Porsche Germany).
Nice that your dealer is competent and confident enough to make those changes for you!!
Makes sense!! I should stop messing with the build then...
Old 08-06-2017, 05:27 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

This is usually the key
Even the smallest change can upset the whole Porsche universe. In some instances may not be reversible.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

2018 GT3
MT
Carmine Red
Looking in to getting some livery
PCCB
Red cross-stitching
Build dates in December, delivery in Feb-March

I do not know if the status is V180 or not. I have a build code. How can I find out if I have a V180 code?
Old 08-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

If we knew how many have a rescheduled production date vs. those that don't, we could maybe understand better why some are not moving (options, colors etc).
Mine currently still has the original production date... December build to arrive in March. We'll see how long that lasts assuming the PTS request goes through the various channels successfully.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
2018 GT3
MT
Carmine Red
Looking in to getting some livery
PCCB
Red cross-stitching
Build dates in December, delivery in Feb-March

I do not know if the status is V180 or not. I have a build code. How can I find out if I have a V180 code?
Ditto on the spec. Except for the stitch.
Sending you PM
Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Mine currently still has the original production date... December build to arrive in March. We'll see how long that lasts assuming the PTS request goes through the various channels successfully.
OK- check your V code status, curious if it is V180. You are not in the database (until now) so if you don't mind giving us more detail:

V code status
Dealer location (state, or country)
PTS Color
Manual or PDK
CXX options
PEC or Euro Delivery

You can PM me if you want to keep any of it confidential.

Thanks!

Andre
Old 08-06-2017, 09:48 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Finding some of you in other threads! As I posted earlier try to help us understand if your production month for PTS has moved from your original date.

Thanks for again to everyone who has responded to my PM's or posted here!

Name:  PTS Update 3.jpeg
Views: 3551
Size:  505.4 KB

Last edited by montoya; 08-06-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Supposedly once PAG accepts the PTS it will to V210 and the dealer will be able to edit options until the new lock date.

I'm waiting patiently and resisting the urge to fix some small options with my build for fear it will cause an issue and kick the build out of some queue...
Old 08-07-2017, 02:42 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

This is correct from my understanding.

This is how I believe it works: Our PTS orders are commissioned to an allocation further out when they are building PTS- Therefore your commission that originally is tied to a production allocation in 2017 gets 'moved' to a new allocation in 2018, but your commission number stays the same. Now your original allocation is available for a new commission to a new order. Technically we are grabbing allocations for PTS that are months out and not released yet except for planning PTS orders. So if you cancel your PTS, the commission number is still tied to the allocation for a production month for PTS, some other commission number elsewhere in the world has used your original allocation in 2017- you can't get it back. Hope this makes sense...
I would agree, except for Haku's post. It appears as a result of dropping his request for PTS, his status changed to V200 and a changed production date.

I guess the only way that makes sense is if he got a new Commission #, and his previous PTS Commission # is still open?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-schedule.html

The PTS process is an enigma within a conundrum surrounded by a puzzle.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:00 PM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mass27
I would agree, except for Haku's post. It appears as a result of dropping his request for PTS, his status changed to V200 and a changed production date.

I guess the only way that makes sense is if he got a new Commission #, and his previous PTS Commission # is still open?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-schedule.html

The PTS process is an enigma within a conundrum surrounded by a puzzle.
if production month changed, that means he has been swapped in earlier allocation. you don't change production if you decide to go from normal palette to PTS and vice-versa

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order