Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 02:16 PM
F80-911
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=zmon;15505251]she is finally at the dealer!!! hope to go get her tomorrow or it will have to wait until early Jan..

[/QOTE]

That's a great color; it looks better the more I look at it. Congratulations.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:19 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks stunning zmon! I just picked up my OGM Touring! Photos to follow.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:53 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by VECCA
Looks stunning zmon! I just picked up my OGM Touring! Photos to follow.
saw the Instagram post I think. Happy birthday!
Old 12-20-2018, 06:42 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij

saw the Instagram post I think. Happy birthday!
HA! Thank you! I have to say, they took REALLY good care of me at PECLA! Would do it again tomorrow!
Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 AM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Mark my Oak Green Metallic GT3 Touring delivered.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:48 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

^ Marked as delivered!
Old 12-21-2018, 04:56 AM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Mark my Oslo blue as delivered Montoya! 😎

Old 12-21-2018, 10:57 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

^Wow!!

Thanks for the pics! I caught your delivery on another thread already, but really appreciate the post. Just WOW!
Old 12-21-2018, 11:24 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Thank-you and an appeal

As we head into the holidays I want to thank everyone for staying current with this thread as you have all worked your way through the delivery process. Our stated goal in the beginning was to share experiences and keep track of each others orders to see how things were moving behind the scenes at Porsche. I think we can say unequivocally that we have done that and then some. Most of us here have had an extremely long waiting period to delivery, and without the assurances of others here, I think many of us would have given up. Instead, I am proud to say that our tracking is almost to an end. When you look at the list now, it is almost all green with deliveries! Fantastic!

This is proof to all the naysayers in the beginning that thought there was no way Porsche would do this many orders and we would be disappointed. Well, as I and others contended, while the number of PTS cars built for this series GT3 is over 400 in the North America, it is not out of line % wise with what was done in the past. But somehow, I think a lot of these naysayers really wanted PTS to stay in the closet and be something only for those in the "know". Keep it exclusive and only the lucky or VIP get to have PTS. When the price went up to reflect the actual cost to handle PTS, more people revolted, and dropped out. Somehow if it's not exclusive and cheap it's not worth it. Instead, while expensive, PTS is very popular. When this started, my inside contact at Porsche told me executives at PCNA had made a deal with Porsche to collect as many PTS orders as they could to prove that the NA customers wanted it. In return Porsche promised to accommodate the requests. We all know now it was a resounding success. In fact, if you have kept track it is the most popular color choice! But we know that is like saying 'other' or 'miscellaneous' is the most popular color choice! And amazingly, this Rennlist group has captured about 40% of that total here on the list, with links to your delivery pictures, pretty cool!

So, where do we go from here? I personally think the list is a great resource as is to research PTS color choices. On the other hand, it is missing a significant number of the PTS cars (60%) and many of you post and move on which is fine. But for those of us who are passionate about our color choice, how do you think we should move forward? I could easily add VIN numbers to the list and continue to track your cars as a partial registry, we could move it into a full fledged registry with a web site (although I would need some help here) or ????

Let me know your thoughts, no hurry we still have 3 or 4 months of deliveries, but we are nearing the end. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Andre
Old 12-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
As we head into the holidays I want to thank everyone for staying current with this thread as you have all worked your way through the delivery process. Our stated goal in the beginning was to share experiences and keep track of each others orders to see how things were moving behind the scenes at Porsche. I think we can say unequivocally that we have done that and then some. Most of us here have had an extremely long waiting period to delivery, and without the assurances of others here, I think many of us would have given up. Instead, I am proud to say that our tracking is almost to an end. When you look at the list now, it is almost all green with deliveries! Fantastic!

This is proof to all the naysayers in the beginning that thought there was no way Porsche would do this many orders and we would be disappointed. Well, as I and others contended, while the number of PTS cars built for this series GT3 is over 400 in the North America, it is not out of line % wise with what was done in the past. But somehow, I think a lot of these naysayers really wanted PTS to stay in the closet and be something only for those in the "know". Keep it exclusive and only the lucky or VIP get to have PTS. When the price went up to reflect the actual cost to handle PTS, more people revolted, and dropped out. Somehow if it's not exclusive and cheap it's not worth it. Instead, while expensive, PTS is very popular. When this started, my inside contact at Porsche told me executives at PCNA had made a deal with Porsche to collect as many PTS orders as they could to prove that the NA customers wanted it. In return Porsche promised to accommodate the requests. We all know now it was a resounding success. In fact, if you have kept track it is the most popular color choice! But we know that is like saying 'other' or 'miscellaneous' is the most popular color choice! And amazingly, this Rennlist group has captured about 40% of that total here on the list, with links to your delivery pictures, pretty cool!

So, where do we go from here? I personally think the list is a great resource as is to research PTS color choices. On the other hand, it is missing a significant number of the PTS cars (60%) and many of you post and move on which is fine. But for those of us who are passionate about our color choice, how do you think we should move forward? I could easily add VIN numbers to the list and continue to track your cars as a partial registry, we could move it into a full fledged registry with a web site (although I would need some help here) or ????

Let me know your thoughts, no hurry we still have 3 or 4 months of deliveries, but we are nearing the end. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Andre
Andre, thanks for all that you do for this community! Happy holidays.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:11 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Andre, thanks for all that you do for this community! Happy holidays.
you're welcome!
Old 12-22-2018, 12:22 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks for all your work Andre. My journey is nearing the end (finally). Arrow blue GT3 is at the dealership as of Thursday. I fly down to pick her up in 2 weeks. I'll post pics as soon as I see the car in person Have enjoyed following everyone's PTS "adventures"
Old 12-22-2018, 01:07 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Thanks for all your work Andre. My journey is nearing the end (finally). Arrow blue GT3 is at the dealership as of Thursday. I fly down to pick her up in 2 weeks. I'll post pics as soon as I see the car in person Have enjoyed following everyone's PTS "adventures"
You should swing through Charlotte on your way home.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:52 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasman
You're welcome! Exciting- sounds like a road trip if the weather holds up! No better way to get to know your car. Make sure to post pictures as soon as you can. You know we are all waiting...
Old 12-22-2018, 04:32 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Great job on this Andre. This has been a fun thread to follow. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order