Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:46 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Lapis -- Congrats. Beautiful choices made here. One of the few build that actually made me regret not ordering Riviera Blue (or Arrow). Don't get me wrong, Mexico looks great.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:49 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie

HEY!! You copied my build!! 😂😂😱
JK! Nice choices!
here’s what I did:

GT3t BLACK
PDLS (xenons)
Olive Green
PCCBS
Satin AL wheels
LWB’s
standard back stitching w extended dash leather
CXX silver and agate houndstooth (inserts only)
CXX inspired side decals (aftermarket)
CXX Center locks

April production
🇨🇦

An olive green ww club !

I was tempted to choose painted interior as on the Edo .2 Turbo s but mixed feeling about plastic looking
Old 02-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Lapis -- Congrats. Beautiful choices made here. One of the few build that actually made me regret not ordering Riviera Blue (or Arrow). Don't get me wrong, Mexico looks great.

Strange given how similar they are, but Riviera has never caught my eye. It’s just that little bit brighter and slightly more teal than Mexico.

i did consider Arrow after seeing the stunning pics of the one of one 918 Spyder in that color that were done for that car’s auction, which belonged to footsoldier. But he kindly confirmed to me that the other pics online of that car that make it look a lot more like Voodoo Blue are far more accurate of how Arrow looks in the real (sorry, been binging Altered Carbon....)
Old 02-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

Strange given how similar they are, but Riviera has never caught my eye. It’s just that little bit brighter and slightly more teal than Mexico.

i did consider Arrow after seeing the stunning pics of the one of one 918 Spyder in that color that were done for that car’s auction, which belonged to footsoldier. But he kindly confirmed to me that the other pics online of that car that make it look a lot more like Voodoo Blue are far more accurate of how Arrow looks in the real (sorry, been binging Altered Carbon....)
Actually Mexico is the one with a bit of green in it, while Riviera is a more pure blue. Gotta see the side-by-side frogs to compare.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:19 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts
Default List updated!

Now that Porsche is turning down any new PTS orders and refusing changes on any approved ones, I guess I can disclose my V215 (now May production) Touring will be Mexico Blue. CXX includes custom tailored LWB seats with black leather, silver/black houndstooth inserts, silver piping, and GT3 script embroidered on the headrests in black for a subtle tone on tone look and to match the otherwise black interior stitching on Touring Package.

Exterior will have the Touring chrome trim, standard silver (non-PDLS) xenon headlights, and standard silver wheels.

Planning stripes aftermarket like in the render below, which would be in two-tone Soft Blue (similar to Gulf) and yellow to match the PCCBs. May consider top stripes too, but haven’t decided yet. And if so, undecided between 911R style or the Sport Classic ones which are growing on me. Guess doing them aftermarket will be me a few more months to obsess over what to do.

Many have asked on this thread why be secretive about PTS color choice? I echo others who have said we hope to not encourage others to order our same color. Of course Mexico Blue is popular so I had no allusions I would be the only one. However, looking at Montoya’s list so far, There are 7 discloses Mexico Blue on it but none of them are disclosed as Touring and one is marked as delivered and specifically NOT a Touring. The other 6 are manuals though so hard to know for sure. With any luck, maybe I’ll be the only Mexico Blue Touring, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Seems this time around the greens are all the rage, which is understandable since no greens are offered by Porsche.

In choosing Mexico Blue I suppose I’ve gone a little against my own mantra about not picking a PTS color similar to one available without PTS, that is, Mexico Blue is somewhat close to Miami Blue. But having seen Miami Blue in person, it is a lot greener (teal) than Mexico Blue. And I just really like Mexico Blue. It’s also got history having been a beautiful example on the 1974 RS 2.7 that the GT3 Touring is supposedly an homage to. That’s what I was after especially with the silver wheels and chrome trim.
Thanks for the disclosure, it's going to look great! Touring will be special cars for sure, hope it's one of a kind!

Originally Posted by fxz
Disclosure per disclosure

GT3t chrome
PTS Olivegruen
Standard Silver wheels
Clear LEDs
PCCBs
Yellow air vents
No sport chrono
White dials
Carbon seats
Acid green stitching on black leather
custom leather black acid green floor mats
custom alu door sills
silver yellow side decals
HQ delivery

April delivery
I thought I had you earlier, but couldn't find you on the list- thanks!

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm debating yellow stitching right now. (But now people have told me that I'm out of luck on CXX and PTS, time will tell). Been working with Daniel, awaiting rendering.

Meerblau/PCCBs/Satin Aluminum Wheels
Standard Light Aluminum Touring Trim
Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts
Carbon or black leather trim
White dials (on the fence here)

Yellow deviated stitching or GT Silver? That's really the last piece of the puzzle.
Going for an elegant build. Obsessed with bringing an outside color in. Also considering CXX painted seat belt passthroughs.
Please weigh in. Thanks
Keep us up to date what happens..

Originally Posted by Provie

HEY!! You copied my build!! 😂😂😱
JK! Nice choices!
here’s what I did:

GT3t BLACK
PDLS (xenons)
Olive Green
PCCBS
Satin AL wheels
LWB’s
standard back stitching w extended dash leather
CXX silver and agate houndstooth (inserts only)
CXX inspired side decals (aftermarket)
CXX Center locks

April production
🇨🇦
I assume that's it's a Canadian delivery? Thanks for the update- Vcode?

Originally Posted by UT911GTS

It finally here!
Originally Posted by djcxxx
Beautiful, you're both marked 'delivered'!

Now up to three pages- anyone care to guess how many we have captured of total PTS in North America?

Thanks everyone!

Andre
Old 02-10-2018, 11:06 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

Actually Mexico is the one with a bit of green in it, while Riviera is a more pure blue. Gotta see the side-by-side frogs to compare.
I can help with that....
Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 148 Posts

Now that Porsche is turning down any new PTS orders and refusing changes on any approved ones, I guess I can disclose my V215 (now May production) Touring will be Mexico Blue. CXX includes custom tailored LWB seats with black leather, silver/black houndstooth inserts, silver piping, and GT3 script embroidered on the headrests in black for a subtle tone on tone look and to match the otherwise black interior stitching on Touring Package.

Exterior will have the Touring chrome trim, standard silver (non-PDLS) xenon headlights, and standard silver wheels.

Planning stripes aftermarket like in the render below, which would be in two-tone Soft Blue (similar to Gulf) and yellow to match the PCCBs. May consider top stripes too, but haven’t decided yet. And if so, undecided between 911R style or the Sport Classic ones which are growing on me. Guess doing them aftermarket will be me a few more months to obsess over what to do.

Many have asked on this thread why be secretive about PTS color choice? I echo others who have said we hope to not encourage others to order our same color. Of course Mexico Blue is popular so I had no allusions I would be the only one. However, looking at Montoya’s list so far, There are 7 discloses Mexico Blue on it but none of them are disclosed as Touring and one is marked as delivered and specifically NOT a Touring. The other 6 are manuals though so hard to know for sure. With any luck, maybe I’ll be the only Mexico Blue Touring, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Seems this time around the greens are all the rage, which is understandable since no greens are offered by Porsche.

In choosing Mexico Blue I suppose I’ve gone a little against my own mantra about not picking a PTS color similar to one available without PTS, that is, Mexico Blue is somewhat close to Miami Blue. But having seen Miami Blue in person, it is a lot greener (teal) than Mexico Blue. And I just really like Mexico Blue. It’s also got history having been a beautiful example on the 1974 RS 2.7 that the GT3 Touring is supposedly an homage to. That’s what I was after especially with the silver wheels and chrome trim.

Below are are a few interior renders courtesy of the fellas at NS2 and the exterior render is me messing around in Photoshop from a similar render another RLer has done of his in green. I know it’s not perfect Mexico Blue but it’s not too far off.

We have similar tastes! I have a Mexico Blue GT3.2 but not touring and satin black wheels. I also used NS2. Waiting for the V250 confirmation before I post.

Can't wait to see it!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:08 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 0to60
I never understood the secret squirrel attitude and not sharing with the forum. Montoya put a lot of work into is tracking spread sheet, and I thought this is a forum is where we enthusiasts share ideas and give advice. Do you realize the odds of your PTS touring in Mexico Blue ever being seen in the wild ? I could understand if the PTS color was submitted by you and approved then I could understand, cause it's your color and one would have done the feasibility leg work, but Mexico Blue been around a while, and you are just selecting a color that someone else did the leg work long ago. This entire secret attitude reminds me of the student in high school putting his arm around his test answer sheet, you are not coping me. Just wish there would be more sharing here to help other Rennlistets. Maybe someone could have been helped by your build, aren't we one big extended family of enthusiasts ?
I appreciate your perspective.
Here is my perspective for keeping my color confidential.
Color confidentiality is NOT about trying to keep people from ordering my chosen color.

I enjoy anticipation and appreciate delayed gratification (does not occur much these days.) After my car arrives, we will have a delivery party for my friends and family who actually care and have passion for Porsches.
Revealing the color makes the event that much more fun and special.
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to order a Porsche and even more thankful to get the opportunity to specify a PTS GT3 allocation. I really want to maximize this special experience!

Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:39 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
I appreciate your perspective.
Here is my perspective for keeping my color confidential.
Color confidentiality is NOT about trying to keep people from ordering my chosen color.

I enjoy anticipation and appreciate delayed gratification (does not occur much these days.) After my car arrives, we will have a delivery party for my friends and family who actually care and have passion for Porsches.
Revealing the color makes the event that much more fun and special.
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to order a Porsche and even more thankful to get the opportunity to specify a PTS GT3 allocation. I really want to maximize this special experience!

Enjoy!
I agree with you when you explain the way you did. However the other response i was given was, the owner freely admitted not wanting others to choose his color selection in hopes it would make his car rare. That's the type of person that takes a written exam while covering his answer sheet up with his arm. Re read the response given a few days ago, it's clearly explained, no copying his color. The irony is he didn't submit Mexico blue for a feasibility test, as it's been a PTS color for decades. Why even be a part of a PTS tracking spread sheet when everything is confidential, kind of self defeating.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:32 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Several weeks ago I changed mine from Irish Green to British Racing Green. Luckily got it done in the nick of time! It’s locked now. I was going for this pic. Mine is a touring manual with pccb’s, LWB’s and pepita inserts. Any other BRG cars? Looks like so far there is one other in Germany and think its winged.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:01 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by texascarlover

Several weeks ago I changed mine from Irish Green to British Racing Green. Luckily got it done in the nick of time! It’s locked now. I was going for this pic. Mine is a touring manual with pccb’s, LWB’s and pepita inserts. Any other BRG cars? Looks like so far there is one other in Germany and think its winged.

It will be a rare, beautiful car for sure! I salute your perseverance to choose a Touring and follow through with PTS! Not many here on the list and in fact the window of availability was much shorter than the regular model. Me, I was just too nervous to change anything once I had my order in at V180- eventually I gained confidence with my rep in Exclusive to make some minor changes, but not enough to change colors or models! Just pulled up my build in the configurator to remind myself what I selected and the first thing that pops up is CXX orders not allowed and PTS not allowed- gee, I now feel kind of special....
Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm debating yellow stitching right now. (But now people have told me that I'm out of luck on CXX and PTS, time will tell). Been working with Daniel, awaiting rendering.

Meerblau/PCCBs/Satin Aluminum Wheels
Standard Light Aluminum Touring Trim
Xenons w/ PDLS
Black buckets
Houndstooth
Silver seatbelts
Carbon or black leather trim
White dials (on the fence here)

Yellow deviated stitching or GT Silver? That's really the last piece of the puzzle.
Going for an elegant build. Obsessed with bringing an outside color in. Also considering CXX painted seat belt passthroughs.
Please weigh in. Thanks
Yellow all day! I have seen the Meerblau GT3 two times in person, yellow is such a great contrast to the dark blue. It looks just gergous. Go for it!

Old 02-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I agree with you when you explain the way you did. However the other response i was given was, the owner freely admitted not wanting others to choose his color selection in hopes it would make his car rare. That's the type of person that takes a written exam while covering his answer sheet up with his arm. Re read the response given a few days ago, it's clearly explained, no copying his color. The irony is he didn't submit Mexico blue for a feasibility test, as it's been a PTS color for decades. Why even be a part of a PTS tracking spread sheet when everything is confidential, kind of self defeating.
0to60 and all Rennlisters everywhere,

I do hereby apologize and throw myself upon your mercy for not sharing with you all earlier that I ordered Mexico Blue. I cannot begin to fathom the great harm I have caused you all from withholding this critical information until now. No doubt I have caused countless among you to choose ****ty PTS colors that, had you known I chose Mexico Blue, you would have been saved from suffering.

From here on out, we shall all follow the 0to60 law that thou shalt freely share one’s PTS color choice unless it is a new color thou has submitted to Porsche for feasibility testing. All hail 0to60!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:23 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

I do hereby apologize and throw myself upon your mercy for not sharing with you all earlier that I ordered Mexico Blue. I cannot begin to fathom the great harm I have caused you all from withholding this critical information until now. No doubt I have caused countless among you to choose ****ty PTS colors that, had you known I chose Mexico Blue, you would have been saved from suffering.

From here on out, we shall all follow the 0to60 law that thou shalt freely share one’s PTS color choice unless it is a new color thou has submitted to Porsche for feasibility testing. All hail 0to60!
Ignore list is your friend. Can’t see his posts because I put him on it a long time ago but he must be at it again. Carry on with whatever you want to do and how you want to do it. You do not need to be subserveant to this forum or anyone on it.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:26 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

LOL!!!

Seriously, I could care less if we all share the color or not. This thread is not about colors, but about the process of ordering PTS. So many here have helped each other out through the process and to understand the convoluted ways of working with Exclusive. The 'list' helps us all to see patterns in our order dates with Vcodes, options and production dates. I found it helpful, the actual color chosen if shared was just a bonus!

With that said, I finally sorted the list by- wait for it- COLOR- wow, check it!

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order