Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 02:47 PM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got confirmation today, i have my delivery locked for April 27 at 8am in Zuffenhausen. I have a commission number, but note sure what V code this equates to... Jamie @ PCNA is sending paperwork and next steps to my SA now that i have a date locked. Porsche code PJZD1UP5.
woot!

Production Date ?
V Code ?
Color Arrow Blue
Dealer Location, Country and State OH, USA
Manual or PDK Manual
Custom CXX- No
Euro or PEC delivery? Zuffenhausen
First round allocation? ?
Old 01-24-2018, 02:51 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Nice, congrats on the car Mongo....can't wait to see pictures of your Arrow Blue GT3.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Arnaud Taquet
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mongolikecandy
Just got confirmation today, i have my delivery locked for April 27 at 8am in Zuffenhausen. I have a commission number, but note sure what V code this equates to... Jamie @ PCNA is sending paperwork and next steps to my SA now that i have a date locked. Porsche code PJZD1UP5.
woot!

Production Date ?
V Code ?
Color Arrow Blue
Manual or PDK Manual
Custom CXX- No

Congrats !
I don't get it though: you're american and still getting your car in Germany? Is the car supposed to stay in Europe or are you gonna enjoy it in Europe before shipping it to the U.S? Anyway, I'm pretty curious to know how it works
Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

woot!

Production Date ?
V Code ?
Color Arrow Blue
Manual or PDK Manual
Custom CXX- No
Wow, that's the same day my Voodoo Blue is scheduled to complete production - for 5/22 zuffenhausen ED!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnaud Taquet
Congrats !
I don't get it though: you're american and still getting your car in Germany? Is the car supposed to stay in Europe or are you gonna enjoy it in Europe before shipping it to the U.S? Anyway, I'm pretty curious to know how it works
It's called European Delivery. You pick the car up at the factory, it has tags and insurance. Spend a couple of weeks driving around and enjoying the European roads. Then drop it back off at the factory or at a drop off location around Europe. Porsche ships the car back and delivers it to the dealer.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Congrats !
European Factory Delivery, collect car from Zuffenhausen or Leipzig, its registered for 16 days - up to 6 months in Europe (on temp plates) then shipped back to US on a RoRo. Porsche, BMW, Audi, MB and Volvo all offer this to N.A customers.

I'm doing my 3rd ED on 5/22 from Zuffenhausen - straight from there to the Ring for Manthey and DN #19 and then (hopefully) Boxberg for PSDS G-Force
Old 01-24-2018, 03:40 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default V200

I went V200 on Dec 26th.

Confirmed my euro delivery date at Zuffenhausen on May 14th.

Planning a romp around italy germany france belgium. got 5 tracks lined up. who wants to join.

May 14th - June 1st.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
European Factory Delivery, collect car from Zuffenhausen or Leipzig, its registered for 16 days - up to 6 months in Europe (on temp plates) then shipped back to US on a RoRo. Porsche, BMW, Audi, MB and Volvo all offer this to N.A customers.
Indeed the other brands offer this, with far more incentives in fact. You get a % off the MSRP, as high as 8% (though seems most have trimmed it down to 5% most recently). Depending on whether your Porsche dealer absorbs the cost, it is 'free' to you (dealer pays $3,500 or so, though I've seen cases where dealer adds that to the build for customers to take the hit).

I believe there is also an added 'wrinkle' applicable only for Porsche ED - dealer collects 20% in an escrow account returnable to you once car comes back from ED and officially hits the US (as it seems in many prior cases cars stayed in Europe and the govt had an issue not being able to collect VAT tax).

I've done ED with BMW, as an added bonus (to the 7% MSRP reduction), Lufthansa offered you BOGO free airfare ticket, so overall your vacation was pretty much paid for through the savings off MSRP + airfare.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:49 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Just received V215 status (finally!) on my PTS order. Looks like I'm back to June production though, so we are shooting for 2nd Week in July Euro delivery.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:04 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Just received V215 status (finally!) on my PTS order. Looks like I'm back to June production though, so we are shooting for 2nd Week in July Euro delivery.

Good to hear, Andre. I got V215 today too. Now I can start shopping for exhaust, etc
This whole PTS this has been quite an experience...
Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrKid
When I read the most recent posts about a hold/stop on PTS builds my heart sank... however, I just got this unsolicited update text from my dealer for my GT3T PTS Build.

FWIW, Montoya, for your chart, order is Touring chrome, PTS (wish to keep color quiet still), manual of course, with CXX seats. Decided to hold off on stripes for now since having a rough time picking colors and can easily do alter to exact match for less (and put them on top of PPF then if I choose to do that after delivery. Or I might not do at all depending on how it turns out.
Originally Posted by neurotic
looks like everything is good to go for me! pts/cxx got the nod from Germany
only 4 months till delivery
Originally Posted by GT3
Neurotic- did you change your handle from neurotic hamster? Otherwise I don't seem to have you on the list and I'm missing info on your build...

woot!

Production Date ?
V Code ?
Color Arrow Blue
Manual or PDK Manual
Custom CXX- No

Originally Posted by carrering
I went V200 on Dec 26th.

Confirmed my euro delivery date at Zuffenhausen on May 14th.

Planning a romp around italy germany france belgium. got 5 tracks lined up. who wants to join.

May 14th - June 1st.
Thanks for the updates! List is current, but I probably have some I've missed, so let me know!

Thanks,

Andre
Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Updated 1/24:

Let's start a thread for those of us who have a confirmed PTS order pending for the new GT3. I would like to collect information that will be of interest to everyone about their order and build a database that we can publish. Information such as:

Color (duh)
CXX options
Delivery location (Europe, PEC Atlanta etc.)
Manual/PDK
Delivery date
Current V code
etc.

My order- V180, Manual, June Production, Euro Del., No CXX, Pastel Orange

But let me know what you want to track in the database. I'll make a shared doc we can all view and post with updates.

Confidentiality: If you want your order to remain confidential, PM me your information and note what you would like to keep confidential and I will not share that information.

Also, here we can share information about the process, where are cars are in production, news about custom ordering process etc.

For sure timing is different in Europe, so news and information about those in the other parts of the world is valid and wanted. I would like to add those confirmed orders to the database as well.

So to kick things off, let's start with where things stand in North America with PTS orders-

About two weeks ago word got out that requests for PTS in North America would need to be entered as a ZPT option. If done properly this resulted in your order status changing to V110. It is unclear if the dates you had for your allocation were important, just that your car was not yet in production and still changeable. This V110 order status meant that PCNA would review the order and if everything met a certain criteria it was slotted into a PTS time slot in 2018 and the V code changed to V180, which is where we all are now. The criteria for selection seems to have been more about feasibility than about customer status, although certainly VIP's are in the front of the line. The feasibility criteria is all about your color selection (must be a pre approved color from the PTS list) and certain options around painted parts like mirrors and interior trim. Cost is still up in the air and we are waiting on final pricing once we move from V180. My source at PCNA made sure that I understood that schedules and pricing are all subject to change once Porsche in Germany reviews our requests.

Which leads us to the next step. Again, my source has told me that all PTS requests world wide are in review in Germany. Currently it is summer break and no word on when that review will be completed, but best guess is September when everyone returns. So of course, where ever you are in the world, if you have a PTS order with a V code higher than 180, please let us know.

Looking forward to good input from everyone!

Thanks!

Andre
Dang, Looking at the list a PDK PTS car will be rare. Manuals winning 3 to 1 with PTS.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Just an FYI, our PTS price is the same as charged in Europe (after exchange), from a post I saw earlier.
Rec'd a sales sheet from one of our friends in Europe. Custom Paint to Sample: 10,781.10 Euros- $13,372.12 at the current exchange rate.

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Dang, Looking at the list a PDK PTS car will be rare. Manuals winning 3 to 1 with PTS.
A special car as a manual GT3, so it makes sense that many are paying the premium to make it even more special!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

All my silly CXX + PTS have pushed my production to July.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:04 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

I must admit there aren't the most beautiful / interesting pictures but some actually wanted to see how it looks like under these lightning conditions, so...

Delivery to come after the XPEL Ultimate protection will be put on so...more to come within the next weeks.

Any more pics?

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order