Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

.2GT3RS speculation/information thread.

 
Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM
  #1  
Waxer
Super User
Thread Starter
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,193
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default .2GT3RS speculation/information thread.

OK so everybody is in full tilt over the GT2RS.

candidly not sure if I am going to buy one and I don't even know if my dealer will get allocations sufficient enough for me to be offered one so I'm tired of worrying about a car that I may or may not be able to get .

so the following questions are on my mind with regard to the next GT3RS:

1. Will there be a next 991 GT3RS ?
2. If so when will it be revealed and available in light of GT2 RS production and upcoming 992 .
3. What performance specs will it have? Will it incorporate GT2RS suspension ?
4. Will it be a limited or numbered run of cars in light of the closing window on 991 production ?
5. What will be the base price and will there be a special package offered such as the WP package for the GT2 RS?
Waxer is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 04:17 PM
  #2  
RobbieRob
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RobbieRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: PA Suburbs
Posts: 453
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

deleted

Last edited by RobbieRob; 07-25-2017 at 12:27 AM.
RobbieRob is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 05:08 PM
  #3  
dark knight
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Support our troops! go USA!!!
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I figure no GT3RS as it would steal sales form the GT2RS which I suspect is a higher profit margin vehicle, capacity is better used building 2RSs for more profit than 3RSs, I believe if 2RS sales are not what they hoped they might try to use up turbo bodies at the end of the 991.2 run for a 3RS
dark knight is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 05:11 PM
  #4  
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tstafford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,667
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

It will have Apple Carplay, a back-up camera and sadly no touring package
tstafford is online now  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
  #5  
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shapiroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Posts: 2,708
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dark knight
I figure no GT3RS as it would steal sales form the GT2RS which I suspect is a higher profit margin vehicle, capacity is better used building 2RSs for more profit than 3RSs, I believe if 2RS sales are not what they hoped they might try to use up turbo bodies at the end of the 991.2 run for a 3RS
They will sell every 2RS and then some....I'm hoping there is a .2 3RS....count me in

I think the market for a $300K car and $200K is significantly different....both very expensive but the 3RS will be more "affordable"....profits will still be good and cars will trade for over sticker....it will be the same as in the past....
shapiroeric is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 PM
  #6  
-eztrader-
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
-eztrader-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,379
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Call me crazy. If I were porsche I would price the gt3.2rs higher than the turbo gt2rs. I think the pricing is backwards. The NA car should be 250 and the turbo should be 220.

Nobody else makes NA cars - as everyone and their brother makes turbos.

That being said. I hope for 530 hp. Lower weight. Stick/PDK choice.
-eztrader- is online now  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:55 PM
  #7  
Maverick787
Super User
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,741
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Yes it will be my dealer has confirmed possible 2019 model late 2018. He has yet to give me bad Intel.
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 08:32 PM
  #8  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,219
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Waxer View Post
OK so everybody is in full tilt over the GT2RS.

candidly not sure if I am going to buy one and I don't even know if my dealer will get allocations sufficient enough for me to be offered one so I'm tired of worrying about a car that I may or may not be able to get .

so the following questions are on my mind with regard to the next GT3RS:

1. Will there be a next 991 GT3RS ?
2. If so when will it be revealed and available in light of GT2 RS production and upcoming 992 .
3. What performance specs will it have? Will it incorporate GT2RS suspension ?
4. Will it be a limited or numbered run of cars in light of the closing window on 991 production ?
5. What will be the base price and will there be a special package offered such as the WP package for the GT2 RS?
No interest in the RS for me

But stay the course because I know you love the RS and the NA will be more rewarding- I heard it will be a beast.

Stop chasing the latest craze and stay true to yourself
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM
  #9  
Waxer
Super User
Thread Starter
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,193
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
No interest in the RS for me

But stay the course because I know you love the RS and the NA will be more rewarding- I heard it will be a beast.

Stop chasing the latest craze and stay true to yourself
You are a wise man! 👍
Waxer is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 09:17 PM
  #10  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,219
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Waxer View Post
You are a wise man! 👍
Jersey Guy to a Jersey Guy.

Grew up Bergen County- Moved out here 12 years ago. All my Buddies back home
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 10:17 PM
  #11  
randr
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

1. Will there be a next 991 GT3RS ?
Yes
2. If so when will it be revealed and available in light of GT2 RS production and upcoming 992 .
Late 2018 for delivery 2019
3. What performance specs will it have? Will it incorporate GT2RS suspension ?
25 to 50 peak HP above GT3, 10Nm more torque from around 4000rpm to redline, and No it will have its own suspension variant
4. Will it be a limited or numbered run of cars in light of the closing window on 991 production ?
Depends on GT3 engine reliability - hopefully they have learnt some lessons - to me the .1 was a fiasco and its still on going - time will tell
5. What will be the base price and will there be a special package offered such as the WP package for the GT2 RS?
In Australia $440k - 500k

I was playing the Porsche game but pulled my deposit some weeks ago - I am now in line for a 720S as I wanted something more state of the art and didn't want to play games (I will still continue to own two Porsche sports cars - both of which I'm very happy with).
randr is offline  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:31 PM
  #12  
Chris3963
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Europe, but more often than not, in a plane
Posts: 1,998
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

GT3.2 RS begins production Q2 2018.
Chris3963 is offline  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:50 PM
  #13  
EST
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
EST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by -eztrader- View Post
Call me crazy. If I were porsche I would price the gt3.2rs higher than the turbo gt2rs. I think the pricing is backwards. The NA car should be 250 and the turbo should be 220.

Nobody else makes NA cars - as everyone and their brother makes turbos.

That being said. I hope for 530 hp. Lower weight. Stick/PDK choice.
The net price in Europe is around 164000.-Ç
EST is offline  
Old 07-22-2017, 04:09 PM
  #14  
DK7
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 470
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

stick or only PDK thats the question...
DK7 is offline  
Old 07-22-2017, 05:33 PM
  #15  
Footsoldier
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 998
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Will be launched at Geneva 2018.
Footsoldier is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .2GT3RS speculation/information thread.


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: