Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yas Marina Track day Sept 30 - Oct 2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 12:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts
Default Yas Marina Track day Sept 30 - Oct 2?

I will be in Dubai / Abu Dhabi Sept 30-Oct 2.
Is it possible to go for a track day / evening?

I can rent a somewhat track worthy car and just show up? Helmet?
All suggestions or links welcome.

peter@trakcar.com
Old 07-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Peter. It will be great to have you over.

Please feel free to visit these two clubs we have:

www.porscheclubuae.com

www.porschegtclub.com

And here are the track websites:

www.dubaiautodrome.com

www.yasmarinacircuit.com

For available track day dates

I do not recommend you rent a (street car from one of those exotic rental companies) car and track it as I have a friend that did that and ended up hospitalized for 2 weeks and was lucky to come out with his life after the breaks failed at 280kph down the back straight. They don't maintain rental cars well.

I would however recommend the experience offered at Yas Marina

They recently just launched an F1 racing experience http://dreamracingdubai.com/

There is also Dragon Racing which offers proper track day experiences in race cars if you are prepared to drop some coin. http://dragonracing88.com/

There is also a cool Motorsports store with a Sim called GP Extreme. http://gpextreme.com/

In the event there is a track day during one of the days you are here we can arrange for you to hop in our own Porsche GT cars and even hand the wheel over to you.

Last edited by Zulu Alpha; 07-19-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thank you
Old 07-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

You are welcome, anytime. Feel free to contact me when you are here. I also added a few more details to my post.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:57 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Okay that looks awesome!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
You are welcome, anytime. Feel free to contact me when you are here. I also added a few more details to my post.
Thanks, I will take a look, the 29th social drive may be fun to take in some scenery and drive to Abu Dhabi from there.. We will see I have the boss in tow ;-)

Ive killed quite a few rental cars' brakes on track.
Anything low HP RWD will work for a few laps That's IF I can find a track evening.

This should last a few laps? I don't know how much time you get, but it would be fun to at least drive the track

https://ticketsyasmarinacircuit.com/...331.1500484190

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-19-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:18 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally prefer the Dubai autodrome to Yas Marina Circuit. Given the short time frame you'd be lucky to have an open track day fall within those 3 days. But you may be lucky.

Renting a car is not a bad idea, and yes avoid going 300 km/hr on the straights. 220 km/hr would give you enough thrill. Besides the fun is on the bends.

I don't know you. But if you are a reasonable enough guy with decent driving skills I would allow you a few laps each on my gt3 and 458.

p.s. helmets are available for rent at the circuits.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aamersa
I don't know you. But if you are a reasonable enough guy with decent driving skills I would allow you a few laps each on my gt3 and 458.
LOL, post of the day

Looks like no (Published yet) track days, just the expereience where they let you drive one of their cars. Both tracks seem to have that available on Sept 30. So you say Dubai is nicer??
Old 07-19-2017, 05:10 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
LOL, post of the day

Looks like no (Published yet) track days, just the expereience where they let you drive one of their cars. Both tracks seem to have that available on Sept 30. So you say Dubai is nicer??
Yes the Sept-Oct open track days for Dubai Autodrome are not published yet but they should be available soon.

Yas Marina I tend to go only for the Porsche Club and Ferrari Club track days. I have been advised to avoid the open track days at Yas as a lot of crazies tend to appear.

Overall I have a many track days at both circuits. The Yas track days tend to be at night under flood lights whereas the Dubai autodrome days are in the morning (except for the club circuit which is the smallest configuration of the track).

In the dates you mention you are unlikely to see a full circuit configuration. Those occur Nov-February. I prefer the Dubai track. There are more elevations and flowing bends while Yas has more hard turns and hair pins. But there may be a difference of opinion as to which track is better.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

That's great to know.

To be able to drive either one is a win on my short trip, even if its just an hour.
In Dubai, I can rent a Audi TT if I fit in it and in Yas Marina they have a AMG GT.
Seems like there is an evening available on the 30th.

I have lots of experience on many different tracks including some racing so I am comfortable with dodging crazies if that is what it takes to get a taste of the track. I can always come back for more.

I will keep an eye on the links provided by Zulu Alpha.
Thanks gentleman!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks, I will take a look, the 29th social drive may be fun to take in some scenery and drive to Abu Dhabi from there.. We will see I have the boss in tow ;-)

Ive killed quite a few rental cars' brakes on track.
Anything low HP RWD will work for a few laps That's IF I can find a track evening.

This should last a few laps? I don't know how much time you get, but it would be fun to at least drive the track

https://ticketsyasmarinacircuit.com/...331.1500484190
If you want to rent something for the street, then you are fine doing it from any rental exotica on Sheikh Zayed Road, otherwise it's best to rent from track dedicated ones such as the ones I have posted or the AMG GT you posted. Taking some street exotica to the track off the street as it's not advisable A) for the Maintanence reason I mentioned and B) these cars are not insured on circuit and if the if the rental company finds out, responsibility will fall on you.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
If you want to rent something for the street, then you are fine doing it from any rental exotica on Sheikh Zayed Road, otherwise it's best to rent from track dedicated ones such as the ones I have posted or the AMG GT you posted. Taking some street exotica to the track off the street as it's not advisable A) for the Maintanence reason I mentioned and B) these cars are not insured on circuit and if the if the rental company finds out, responsibility will fall on you.
Why not convince UAEGT3, Farisad and MoeGT3 to have a Yas night event during his visit

Maybe i can join
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Peter, you will be fine dodging the crazies, it's just we sometimes get a little too furry kitten because of our expensive cars on track. Autodrome as a circuit is nicer than Yas because it's a more technical circuit, Yas is more grandiose with a spectacle of being an F1 circuit, with lots of 90 degree off camber corners. All in all for the first time you will have a blast in either, but many of us prefer Autodrome.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Why not convince UAEGT3, Farisad and MoeGT3 to have a Yas night event during his visit

Maybe i can join
We can do that, and perhaps get UAEGT3 can do another farm night with a proper madfoun haha!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM
GT971
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA

Maybe i can join
if you decide on a private event in Yas or autodrome I'm in.

Quick Reply: Yas Marina Track day Sept 30 - Oct 2?