0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess my .2 GT3 will be an "ugly duckling" in Viper Green
Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

[QUOTE=0to60;14333045]Guess my .2 GT3 will be an "ugly duckling" in Viper Green[/QUOTE

​​​​​​​A travesty I am guessing.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lighter paint colors make the wing tips and air scoops look tacked on. They look more integrated in darker colors like the car in Agate,
Old 07-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Have to agree about the Miami Blue, it sure looks good here.... but not likely for me.
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

agree with disden, miami and guards really pop
Old 07-19-2017, 11:55 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I hate Miami Blue in person on the Carrera/Turbo and Cayman. But I love it on the GT3...in these pictures. I wonder how I'll feel seeing an MB GT3 in person. I'm hopeful because oddly enough, the MB turbo in these pics still looks weird IMO.
I agree, no one should ever buy Miami Blue. It's a terrible color on any 911 and there are too many Miami Blue cars out there. There were two just on goodwood parking lot and then at least one everywhere I went.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:29 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So many blues
Why choose Miami ?
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I agree, no one should ever buy Miami Blue. It's a terrible color on any 911 and there are too many Miami Blue cars out there. There were two just on goodwood parking lot and then at least one everywhere I went.

I sense sarcasm...

Last edited by Mech33; 07-20-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

looks pretty sweet in that pic - nice choice
Old 07-20-2017, 01:31 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I sense sarcasm...
Not entirely. I genuinely think this is an odd color, and I only like it because I like bright and unusual stuff. But now everyone started buying it because it's trendy. When the trend passes, the market is going to be flooded with odd colored cars that are no longer trendy and thus are hard to sell.

So I like the color (obviously, since I ordered it), but I think others should think twice whether they really like it or are just following the trend, and if they are prepared to deal with potentially harder time selling the car when the time comes. I had a similar bright blue BMW before it became a trend, and it was a little harder to sell - tire kickers were asking for a discount because "the car begs to be keyed" or even "I'll have to reassure my family I'm not gay" (really).
Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Not entirely. I genuinely think this is an odd color, and I only like it because I like bright and unusual stuff. But now everyone started buying it because it's trendy. When the trend passes, the market is going to be flooded with odd colored cars that are no longer trendy and thus are hard to sell.

So I like the color (obviously, since I ordered it), but I think others should think twice whether they really like it or are just following the trend, and if they are prepared to deal with potentially harder time selling the car when the time comes. I had a similar bright blue BMW before it became a trend, and it was a little harder to sell - tire kickers were asking for a discount because "the car begs to be keyed" or even "I'll have to reassure my family I'm not gay" (really).
This post is almost Machiavellian.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

LOL,

interesting insight. I have the same thoughts about many of the PTS blue and light green colors, that everyone raves about here on Rennlist.

I do think they are cool looking and I enjoy seeing them at meet ups, but as everyone tends to get these similar blues and light greens via PTS, I think they'll be less distinctive 10 years from now, because people are trend following not trend creating.

Regarding the gay comment, I have to admit, mexico blue could cause some people to think that. I'm not sure what they would think of viper green.

No one questions the masculinity of my Guards Red GT3, I love looking at it every time I see it, people always rave about the look of the color on the car, I don't have to do any games to beg and plead for a PTS allocation, and its a totally free color, so I'll be getting the same old GR for my .2 GT3 next year...........

Quick Reply: GT3.2s by the dozen