Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Carmax on here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Experience with Carmax on here?

Anyone have experience with Carmax? Dealer is saying they are having a tough time putting a figure on my car since it has the higher mileage and the accident history. He said I might have better luck working with Carmax. Apparently you just drive up, and they give you an estimate for your car, and you have 7 days to accept. If you do accept, they just write you a check on the spot.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Carmax a few years back for my WRX. As mentioned.. drove up.. spoke to someone who took the car inside for their "ppi".. the car was returned and a "no haggle" offer was made. I had 5 days or 300 miles to decide if I wanted their offer.

If you bring a clear title, yes, they do cut you a check or maybe nowadays an Electronic transfer.

Carmax, as well, prefers lower mile cars, without accident history as they can be re-sold for more. Not sure how they handle accident damage as they don't want to have to either 1) pay to repair something or 2) be exposed to shoddy previous repairs.

You could also run your vin through CARFAX as they do offer estimated prices that allow for adjustments do to accidents. I imagine KBB or NADA, when you ask about resale values, would offer the same adjustments.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That is exactly how it works
Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 PM
balakris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They gave me 10K cash for my 04 S2000 with 95K miles and accident history. The dealer offered me only 9K as a trade in! Even the sales consultant I was working with at carmax was impressed with the offer.

Quick Reply: Experience with Carmax on here?