Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger/Rollbar in cayman S/

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Horizontally Opposed Man
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Supercharger/Rollbar in cayman S/

Hey everyone had a Cayman S for the week while my GT-3 was getting some warranty stuff done.
What an awesome platform so nimble and secure.
Got to thinking what it would be like with more power and wondered what people on the board have done and how much more power they are making etc also can't see how you get a roll bar in the car anyone done this too?Als olove to here about other mods people have done to the Cayman S Thank in advance HOM
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Horizontally Opposed Man
Hey everyone had a Cayman S for the week while my GT-3 was getting some warranty stuff done.
What an awesome platform so nimble and secure.
Got to thinking what it would be like with more power and wondered what people on the board have done and how much more power they are making etc also can't see how you get a roll bar in the car anyone done this too?Als olove to here about other mods people have done to the Cayman S Thank in advance HOM
do some seardch either here or caymanclub.net.
mooty, sleepless, joel-cs... we all have roll bar in the car.
no serious track drivers has yet to power mods. i am not counting pro's like alzen and such in germany. those aren't caymans per se, and most likely cost 2x the cost of GT3, if not more.
donnie is the exception. he's got a very well set up car with X51 motor from farbacher-loles.

there are some issues with cayman, but nothign you can work around. it's a great platform. i had a herd of cayman s.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mooty says, many of us have rollbars. mine is coming out next week to make room for a full cage . The only good roll bars are custom at this point. A couple of bolt in bars, but none look good yet. Check caymanclub.net for latest discussions.

I would recommend starting with stock motor and ECU/headers/exhaust in the Cayman. Also some weight loss. It is a great platform out of the box and can keep up with 997s no problem on the right track. Then if it isn't powerful enough, upgrade to a 3.8...
Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joel-cs
As mooty says, many of us have rollbars. mine is coming out next week to make room for a full cage . The only good roll bars are custom at this point. A couple of bolt in bars, but none look good yet. Check caymanclub.net for latest discussions.

I would recommend starting with stock motor and ECU/headers/exhaust in the Cayman. Also some weight loss. It is a great platform out of the box and can keep up with 997s no problem on the right track. Then if it isn't powerful enough, upgrade to a 3.8...
Any chance of pics of the cage install??
Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Sure - I will post pics of the cage when done. I already posted pics of the prep work over here if you want to take a peek: http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-com...car-build.html . Let me know what you think!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the link. I had posted on it last year.
Will you be getting as far south as Summit Point or VIR with the CS?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

I was working on a VIR trip for the spring, but I don't know if my car will be ready in time. I will let you know if I can make it!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roll bar

I have a custom bar in the car. The one Mooty used did not permit easy access to the engine bay with my raised Motons, so out it went (for sale if anyone wants it). The new bar has a removable crossbrace. Re supercharger -- I'd go turbo. For pix, see my website, http://www.momentum-motorsports.com

Quick Reply: Supercharger/Rollbar in cayman S/