Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Cayman S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:09 PM
1of2toys
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i have heard through the grapevine that is's done by STASIS, but i can't confirm it's accuracy. anyone know about this?
if so, i be very intereted.
Yes, it's true. At one point Stasis was making noises like they too were going to be offering the LSD (for sale through them) as well. My guess is that after this information was made a little more public Farbacher Loles struck up a more exclusive deal with them (judging by how Stasis now addresses any inquiries).

So for $3k clutch-pack LSD can be had (F/L). Alternately you can order up a ROW C2S transmission with a factory LSD (different gear ratios; shorter 1st & 2nd gear, etc [direct fit]) but as you were saying (durabilty). $8k + is a lot of money for something that isn't offering spare parts (for rebuild). For that matter Stasis couldn't provide a good answer with regards to clutch discs and the like for their diff either. From a maintenance/longevity standpoint a Helical would be a welcome change, albeit with some compromise.

Last edited by 1of2toys; 08-28-2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-28-2006, 11:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,753 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2toys
Yes, it's true. At one point Stasis was making noises like they too were going to be offering the LSD (for sale through them) as well. My guess is that after this information was made a little more public Farbacher Loles struck up a more exclusive deal with them (judging by how Stasis now addresses any inquiries).

So for $3k clutch-pack LSD can be had (F/L). Alternately you can order up a ROW C2S transmission with a factory LSD (different gear ratios; shorter 1st & 2nd gear, etc [direct fit]) but as you were saying (durabilty). $8k + is a lot of money for something that isn't offering spare parts (for rebuild). For that matter Stasis couldn't provide a good answer with regards to clutch discs and the like for their diff either. From a maintenance/longevity standpoint a Helical would be a welcome change, albeit with some compromise.
oh, well.... i guess i will just have to drive around the issue for a while.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Noah leigh
Track Day

Default So, will the '08 have the extra ponies?

like DMD, I'm ordering an 'S' to my specs and would rather wait for the '08 if it had the add'l 30 HP. Any idea about intro date?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:32 AM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Noah leigh
like DMD, I'm ordering an 'S' to my specs and would rather wait for the '08 if it had the add'l 30 HP. Any idea about intro date?
If anyone says they know they would be lying. Porsche isn't going to release any info like that and kill sales in 2007.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:25 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

I read in this month's Christophorus mag that the 2007 Boxster / S are getting a power boost....2.7L /245 hp and 3.4L /295 hp. It did not make any reference to the Caymans, but my guess is that they have to increase the HPs to justify the premium pricing!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:02 AM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having Boxster and Cayman engines the same one year and different the next doesn't make sense.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by designman
Having Boxster and Cayman engines the same one year and different the next doesn't make sense.
the coupe version of the car costing more than the cab version with same hp does not make sense either...
... seems that never stopped marketing.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:31 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mooty, et. el.,

That are looking at LSD's. You may want to check out this thread at CaymanClub, where someone is tyring to set up a group buy on an LSD. Unfortunately the type of LSD, etc. is beyond my expertise.

http://www.caymanclub.net/topic.asp?...le=Cayman+Mods

No affiliation, yada, yada...

Quick Reply: 2008 Cayman S....