Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Failure Convertible Top Ctrl."

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2024, 02:01 PM
RoadHazard
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FIXED IT!

The rear control model (RCM) was programmed incorrectly. Returning it to ECU Doctors with a strongly worded message to make sure it's configured for a 2005 model year Boxster apparently made the difference. Now my convertible top goes up and down as it should with no error messages. I'm a happy camper.

However, I'm not happy that it took ECU Doctors (aka Specialized ECU Repair) THREE attempts to fix their own problem. First, they sold me a replacement RCM that was programmed incorrectly. When I returned it for diagnosis and possible repair, it came back wrong again. When I returned it again, they fixed it again, this time correctly. But that's one year of my time and a whole lot of frustrating troubleshooting in the meantime. There was never anything wrong with my car -- the fault was all theirs. Once they finally sent me a correctly configured RCM everything works fine. Caveat emptor.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help, tips, suggestions, and support. I would have given up long ago without your ideas. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2024, 03:39 PM
loutadd
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Roadie,
Thanks for the feedback.
Old Today, 09:51 AM
MQllen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hall. Had the exact same on my 987 with the windows not going up after too uu.

I recently had an accident in the body shop, thought that the reason the windows weren’t going all the way up was due to the accident. They took the car to a Porsche dealer to have it looked at. I’d replace the gearbox and a left side as I wasn’t sure that the micro switches were working properly. Wound up that the gear was 180° out of place. At least that’s what I was told by the Body Shop. I must’ve been lining it up wound up on the wrong rotation. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: "Failure Convertible Top Ctrl."