Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Part No. ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 06:01 PM
NJR1986
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Radio Part No. ?

So I just purchased my first Porsche, an 07 Cayman Base 5spd, however, the previous owner put in an aftermarket headunit and aftermarket JL Amp. Im looking to just bring it back to stock, does anyone have pics of what the Base Cayman with the "Premium Sound" option has? Or a part number so I can search for a receiver?

Also, is there an additional/external amplifier for this specific option or are the amp and receiver built into one?

Im not really a fan of anything aftermarket when it comes to sound, as it inevitably gets disconnected from the battery bc it starts causing a drain, especially not one that has been installed by someone other than myself, unless its just a simple aftermarket receiver with no additional wiring, some of those are okay and I may actually be considering just getting one with Apple CarPlay capabilities, but first would have to undo all the wiring the previous owner has done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:02 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

For future reference, you can find the 574-page parts catalog for your '07 Cayman here:

https://www.porsche.com/internationa...originalparts/

I'm not a pro at reading these things, but parts related to the radio appear in Main Group 9 - Electrics and are featured on pages 565-574 of the catalog. Hope this is of some help in locating a part number.

Good luck and congrats on your first Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
NJR1986 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 12:16 PM
NJR1986
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
For future reference, you can find the 574-page parts catalog for your '07 Cayman here:

https://www.porsche.com/internationa...originalparts/

I'm not a pro at reading these things, but parts related to the radio appear in Main Group 9 - Electrics and are featured on pages 565-574 of the catalog. Hope this is of some help in locating a part number.

Good luck and congrats on your first Porsche.
It does help, thank you.

Seems as though the Cayman does use an external amp, separate from the radio.

Couple questions, does anyone know if this amp can be bypassed by simply installing a new receiver with a built-in amplifier? Or do you need to retain usage of the factory amp?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Radio Part No. ?