Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident in Boise, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,518 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Lexvan: Seriously? You been around this forum how long?
I've been around l o n g enough that I have NEVER seen a post on Rennlist that reeked of your "let me show you what my earnings buys me"ego. We've seen tons of pictures in specific context. That's not the subject here.

Last edited by LexVan; 09-29-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
100% agree, but that is the future. And this is how this will play out:

1) Congress passes the legislature requiring all new cars to be 100% self driven, under the premise that this is the safety feature that will save 1,000s of lives per year and billions in medical costs.
2) In response to #1, insurance companies will raise the rates on the "drivable" cars to the cost-prohibitive level forcing all but the wealthiest to give up the manual driving.
3) Driveable cars will be trailer-ed to the closed events for some exhibition driving.

George Orwell and Aldous Huxley have NOTHING on our reality. Just imagine the repossession scenarios with self-driving cars, or cars serving as the state's ears and eyes...in case you commit any thought-crime.
Well...just as I said it.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u...144100127.html
Old 09-28-2017, 09:19 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I've been around l o n g enough that I have NEVER seen a post on Rennlist that wreaked of your "let me show you what my earnings buys me"ego. We've seen tons of pictures in specific context. That's not the subject here.
Behavior typical of a high school student or maybe more accurately a junior high student.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:45 PM
fast1
Race Car

Ran this scenario by a number our secretaries and they get it.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Old 09-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

I've deleted all my posts on this thread since it appears I have obviously insulted many Rennlist members here by trying to disabuse them of incorrect understandings of legal principles and their application to the incident in question. My 34 years experience as a trail attorney and my experience in the practice of law for 34 years instinctually had me trying to help put this matter in correct legal light all the way around. Alas, I have failed. My sincere apologies. T'was (conraction) not my intent. I will not make the same mistake again by trying to provide information and education on a subject of which I think I know just a little about.

I have seen the light. Yes. When in the company and surrounded by arm chair lawyers the law and legal liabilities are as they say it is. You know, when in Rome....

Unfortunately, you will still have to look the picture of my cars since I couldn't figure out how to delete that and it's incomplete anyway not including my '16GT3RS and my 987.2Spyder. My apologies again.

We're (contraction) good here.

Last edited by Waxer; 09-29-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:56 PM
fast1
Race Car

T'was (conraction) not my intent.
What is a "conraction"? Is that a legal term?
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

My 34 years experience as a trail attorney
That sounds more fun than my practice.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:12 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even your "act of contrition" is disingenuous and filled with backhanded putdowns. Do you not understand that you are not the only smart boy in class Johnny? I was going to bore you with what "terbium activated" means but then I would be emulating what I don't like about you. Be careful not to break a leg climbing off that high horse each day counselor. PS You should expect to be called out on the misuse of contractions when the content of the post was meant as putdowns to others. You're a douchenozzle. It doesn't matter how many toys you have, the numbers in your settlement, the square footage of your house or anything else, you're simply a dick, plain and simple.

Last edited by terbiumactivated; 09-29-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:13 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Even your "act of contrition" is disingenuous. Do you not understand that you are not the only smart boy in class Johnny? I was going to bore you with what "terbium activated" means but then I would be emulating what I don't like about you. Be careful not to break a leg climbing off that high horse each day councilor. PS You should expect to be called out on the misuse of contractions when the content of the post was meant as putdowns to others. You're a douchenozzle. It doesn't matter how many toys you have, the numbers in your settlement, the square footage of your house or anything else, you're simply a dick, plain and simple.
Dilly! Dilly!
Old 09-29-2017, 02:27 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Even your "act of contrition" is disingenuous and filled with backhanded putdowns. Do you not understand that you are not the only smart boy in class Johnny? I was going to bore you with what "terbium activated" means but then I would be emulating what I don't like about you. Be careful not to break a leg climbing off that high horse each day counselor. PS You should expect to be called out on the misuse of contractions when the content of the post was meant as putdowns to others. You're a douchenozzle. It doesn't matter how many toys you have, the numbers in your settlement, the square footage of your house or anything else, you're simply a dick, plain and simple.

You're how the porcupine and the Porsche joke came into existence.
Yep, the post just reeks with arrogance and condescension. Compare that post to the funny little video I posted about the woman mistaking a 918 for a Corvette. Did the 918 owner feel compelled to lecture the woman on the difference between a 918 and a "lowly" Corvette? He simply replied 2015 when asked what year was his Corvette. That's class in my books.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:30 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
What is a "conraction"? Is that a legal term?

That's gold Jerry, GOLD!
Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 PM
LexVan
Banned

Waxer has been deleting all his posts. He took his toys and went home.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,880 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Everyone take a break while the mods swap out the dead horse for a fresh one.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:47 PM
LexVan
Banned

My 34 years experience as a trail attorney
The Appalachian one is b e a u t i f u l this time of the year.

Unfortunately, you will still have to look the picture of my cars since I couldn't figure out how to delete that
Edit
Go Advance
Manage attachments
Delete
Old 09-29-2017, 03:10 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

Good job. You guys picked up on all the grammar mistakes I left for ya I mean youse.

Now where oops I mean "we're"!calling names? Lol. Nice! Classy. My opinion of some
Of you is identical but no need for me to act like an 5th grader. I'm happy at my Jr. High level as charged. You guys one upped me.

Btw its counselor not "councilor" terbi. While I may not be the smartest boy in the class I'm certain I'm the smartest boy in the class when I comes to evaluating legal liabity in civil matters and you guys while not necessarily stupid have clearly failed to grasp what I have been saying.

Oh, and yes Captain Obvious my contrition was not sincere. No reason for me be contrite.

Cheers.

Last edited by Waxer; 09-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Accident in Boise, Idaho