Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PADM Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
CFIMarco
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
The PADM message has been on the 991 for a few days. Went for a nice drive this morning and again the PADM message was on at start-up. About 30 minutes into the drive it went away. Drove on for several hours with multiple shut-downs and start-ups and the message has stayed off.

Maybe it corrected itself, though I expect it to come back on at some point.
While I was at the shop they checked the PADM and they tried to reset the fault. Apparently sometimes it gives a fault message that could be cleared thru their diagnosis tool and other times the PADM has to be changed. Apparently I got bad luck for both supports and they had to change both of them, hopefully your message is software related and luckily it cleared itself. May be next time you stop by the shop you may ask them to plug the diagnosis tool and have it checked...
It will probably show the temporary failure when downloading datas.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:16 PM
ScottyZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whelp...I don't want to start a whole new thread, so I'll jus fill-in here...

Got a PADM warning this weekend. Was 200-miles from home, happened to be on a lovely twisty road up the coast in Sport mode on the Sport Chrono, and it was a white warning (as opposed to a yellow or red). I found a spot to pull over and do some manual reading (as I was not in a cell phone area where I could consult Rennlist).

Car said it was driveable, and it was a warning only, not a fault or fatal failure. So I continued on my weekend, and didn't really even notice much handling change or performance issues.

Seems like this is REALLY common with the 2014-2015 era 981's and 991.1 911's. Since my car is a CPO and actually still under factory warranty, I got it to my local Porsche center this morning and will let you all know what they say...but there's no recall, nor is it something Porsche seems to want to accept as a glaring weakness...
Old 08-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

I had the car in in May and June in Stuttgart. They replaced one of the mounts. Picked up the car and the message was still popping up though they said it didn't on them. Went on a long road trip and brought it back the day before I shipped the car back to the USA. They looked at it again and said they couldn't complete the job in a day and said to have it done in the USA. Been trying to get someone at Montgomery Porsche to call me back for two weeks but no luck. Ugh
Old 08-14-2017, 02:25 PM
ScottyZ
Track Day

I called Porsche of South Bay from the roadside Saturday, actually caught them 6 mins before closing...they were nice enough to explain the warning and make an appointment for this AM.

I dropped the car off and they said 2-3 days at a minimum. So we shall see.

If you don't get any responses, I would go up the chain and call Atlanta to US HQ.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:47 PM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Red face

Don't have the issue but since mine is a 2015, I thought I'd follow...
Old 11-04-2017, 01:16 AM
Derek0812
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

PADM warning light last week in my 2015 981CS...took it to the Porsche dealer and they replaced the rear mount. Car was under warranty, so no biggie. Would’ve run around $1700.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Yuki Shinotsuka
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CFIMarco
Hello,
1) Anyone of you guys ever experienced a PADM fault?
2) How many Dynamic Engine Mounts are installed on the 981S engine? 2 or 4?

Thanks, have a great week end :-)
i had same trouble yesterday. any body replace to normal rubber. i concern other one will happen near future.... i wont spend big money to fix this mount..... honestly i didnt feel its works..
or any body know low cost repair method ?
Old 05-31-2020, 09:03 PM
Keith MacNeill
6th Gear

Default Are 991 PADM engine mounts the same as 981 transmission mounts?

I know they have different part numbers (but nearly the same) for example 991.375.059.## and 981.375.059.##, but the parts themselves look identical. The reason I ask is that I can get a brand new one from a GT3 for £400, vs the usual £1000+. Just wondering if anyone knew if the parts were identical?

Quick Reply: PADM Fault