Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery scheduled for Monday:

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 12:00 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Delivery scheduled for Monday:

I'm stoked. Wouldn't have ordered PCCB's, but I can't say I'm disappointed, other than the fact that red calipers would look better cosmetically. Wheels were black.....had them painted silver, and had sidestripes added.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:10 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats ... enjoy for many many miles
Old 11-24-2016, 12:16 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Congrats and enjoy in good health! Beautiful! What color is the interior?
Old 11-24-2016, 12:22 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Congrats and enjoy in good health! Beautiful! What color is the interior?
Thank you very much. Classic Spyder interior option, red and black.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy some of the beautiful NM scenery !
Old 11-24-2016, 01:03 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,613 Likes on 888 Posts

Congrats!!! Stoked indeed! You'll love the lack of brake dust from the PCCBs! I know I do
Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Selo
Thank you very much. Classic Spyder interior option, red and black.
LUV LUV LUV white over red! More pics once you get it home!!
Old 11-24-2016, 01:58 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Carbon copy of mine! You have fine taste Only difference is my wheels are black and while I don't generally like black wheels, I think they work well with the white. Yours in silver are making me think twice tho. Sounds like you had the dealer do it for you? Mine quoted me about $180-200 per wheel, sound right?
Old 11-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

I paid more than that for the wheels. Hard to know what it should really cost, or which shop will do a better job, irrespective of cost. What I do know is that the dealer I bought from is a large market, high profile dealership and they really had their act together, whereas the quality of workmanship in Albuquerque I've found to be pretty lame. So I was willing to go with their body shop and pricing, rather than have to hassle with it once I received the car here. I suspect they probably are on the higher side, but they bragged a lot about the quality of the shop doing it, and it wasn't outrageous, so I went for it. For me, it was either silver wheels or don't bother buying the car, no offense to those who like black. Personal taste, of course. But to me, black rims look like back when American cars came from the factory with black steel wheels, that were meant to be covered by hubcaps. But the hubcaps had fallen off and the car had become a junk buggy.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Car's beautiful!! How many miles and what options?? Colors are great, too! Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:20 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 256 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful car and love your comments on the black wheels. I agree fully. Which according to internet rules makes us right. Right?

The side stripe looks great, except for the small piece of stripe forward of the front wheel. Is that the standard application?

DaveGee
Old 11-24-2016, 10:44 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
I paid more than that for the wheels. Hard to know what it should really cost, or which shop will do a better job, irrespective of cost. What I do know is that the dealer I bought from is a large market, high profile dealership and they really had their act together, whereas the quality of workmanship in Albuquerque I've found to be pretty lame. So I was willing to go with their body shop and pricing, rather than have to hassle with it once I received the car here. I suspect they probably are on the higher side, but they bragged a lot about the quality of the shop doing it, and it wasn't outrageous, so I went for it. For me, it was either silver wheels or don't bother buying the car, no offense to those who like black. Personal taste, of course. But to me, black rims look like back when American cars came from the factory with black steel wheels, that were meant to be covered by hubcaps. But the hubcaps had fallen off and the car had become a junk buggy.
Why not also paint the calipers?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. I thought about painting the calipers, but decided not to for a couple reasons. First, anyone who knows Porsche appreciates that PCCBs are yellow. I kind of hate to give that up, both for me, and for anyone who would purchase the car in the future. Also, removing the calipers, painting them, reinstalling them........, it's more complicated than just taking off the wheels and tires and painting the rims. Bottom line is I didn't want to mess with the factory installed Mechanicals.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Car's beautiful!! How many miles and what options?? Colors are great, too! Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks Phil, it has 12 miles on it. It was purchased as a 918 companion, and has been sitting in a warehouse for 6 months. It's really well optioned and that was one of the main reasons I went for it. White wouldn't have been my top choice, but that said, the package as a whole looks super nice to me. I'll try to post the build sheet.....if not now, then later from my laptop.
Someone asked about the sidestripes.....that small portion anterior to the door is just the way they're designed.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:51 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

These were the factory stripes on my R. Personally I love the way it looks. The stripe in front of the wheel (to me) extends the look and I prefer it to a stripe that is only under the door. It visually lengthens the car, and has a very integrated look.

No offense to anyone with stripe only under the door - it's personal and a matter of preference. To each their own.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Delivery scheduled for Monday: