Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery scheduled for Monday:

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, Peridot Green! Very cool.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:08 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Wow, Peridot Green! Very cool.
Thanks. Every time I see a photo I regret selling (even though I love the GT4). I miss the peridot!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Build sheet as requested:
Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats! Looking forward to your impressions after the first drive!
Old 11-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
The side stripe looks great, except for the small piece of stripe forward of the front wheel. Is that the standard application?
Technically a GT4 stripe, it comes with both the front section and the main section. When applying, some have opted to go with the main section only and skip the front section. The front section can be tricky to apply on a GT4/Spyder so that it looks level due to the shape of the bumper forward of the wheel. I think that's partly the reason why many opt to leave that bit off.

I thought about painting the calipers, but decided not to . . . . Bottom line is I didn't want to mess with the factory installed Mechanicals.
Smart call.

It's really well optioned and that was one of the main reasons I went for it.
Definitely a loaded Spyder. I hope the white grows on you over time. With the Spyder Classic int. it's one of my favorite combos. Congrats on a great pick up!

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
These were the factory stripes on my R. Personally I love the way it looks. The stripe in front of the wheel (to me) extends the look and I prefer it to a stripe that is only under the door. It visually lengthens the car, and has a very integrated look.
I love the front section on the R. Just looks "right" on that car IMO.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:16 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

I'm stoked. Wouldn't have ordered PCCB's, but I can't say I'm disappointed, other than the fact that red calipers would look better cosmetically. Wheels were black.....had them painted silver, and had sidestripes added.
My friend had his PCCB calipers painted red to match his interior stitching.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

I haven't ruled out painting the calipers. I like the way it looks now, and messing with the mechanicals poses some risk, especially given the talent pool where I live. Also, it's $1500 I could put toward a hp upgrade/sport cats. I love the way the white looks. It's just that I REALLY love GT silver. Ultimately, though, I think the right car is more important than the right color. My Shelby is white with red stripes too, but it's probably on its way out soon.
Got my eye on a Raptor......
Old 11-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Also, do any of you have experience with the ride height of this car vs the GT4? Should I plan on scraping the front lip on the first day of ownership?
Old 11-26-2016, 07:15 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, it was either silver wheels or don't bother buying the car, no offense to those who like black. Personal taste, of course. But to me, black rims look like back when American cars came from the factory with black steel wheels, that were meant to be covered by hubcaps. But the hubcaps had fallen off and the car had become a junk buggy.

+1 .
Old 11-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Also, do any of you have experience with the ride height of this car vs the GT4? Should I plan on scraping the front lip on the first day of ownership?
Probably, but if you're going into a driveway with an incline, what I do is to back the car in at a fairly steep angle, an front it out the same way. No scrapes. I have PASM so not quite the degree of lowering you have. Good luck! Lovely car.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:28 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats! It's a beauty
Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Car is beautiful and damn near perfect. However.......it has a really, really strong gasoline smell about it. Both inside and outside. My throat was burning after a short drive, and my office staff complained about my gasoline odor afterwards. What the hell? Something in the enclosed trailer?
Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Any obvious leaking?

Keep the car in a well ventilated area (outdoors?). If the smell persists more than a day or two take it back to the dealer.

Oh, GREAT looking car!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats on finally getting the Spyder!

What type of car hauler delivered the car, a single level small trailer or a two level tractor trailer?
Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Let's see, I'm not positive of the type of trailer, but it was hard sided and enclosed, and it was a big'un so I'm guessing it was two tiered.
I currently have the car in my garage, with the windows partially open. We're expecting precipitation tonight od the frozen variety, so I don't want to leave it outside.
Actually, I called the truck driver who checked out the trailer at his next stop, and he said there was an old Cadillac at tje front of the trailer that smells really strong and might have been leaking. I think we have the culprit, but I'm pretty bummed. I love the new car smell. Gas isn't a bad smell either, as it reminds me of muscle cars when I was a kid, but I was looking forward to a nice new leather smell.

Quick Reply: Delivery scheduled for Monday: