Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche on a 60k budget?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
$60k could get you a dozen 944's.

Think of how much fun that could be.

OP a 981 S or GTS CPO would be a great start.. They are fantastic cars. See if someone in the local Porsche club has a 987 spyder and see how you feel about the top for DD.
Have fun hunting!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

987 spyder all the way.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:26 PM
MRThomas
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For many years I have admired the Cayman. It is such a beautiful car and retains many cues from so many of the classic Porsche cars. I have also always loved the idea of a small, mid-engine, two seat sporty car. (I already own a four-seat convertible.)

I came into a little money this year and decided to find a ‘09-‘12 Cayman, hopefully in the low 30s. I read a lot and scoured the internet for information. Then I thought “Hmmm, if I budget in the mid-40s I could get a 2014.” At which point I found a CPO 2014.

I went to a local dealer and we drove a 2015, at which point I thought “Wow, with a car like this, who needs a Cayman S?” It’s all relative, but this is my first sports car, so a base Cayman to me is a nimble little rocket.

I purchased pre-owned, because frankly, $64K was more than I can afford. Mine is a two year old lease return, not heavily optioned, in pristine condition. Like others have said, the hunt is part of the fun. I was patient and found the Cayman that was just what I wanted.

I realize my goals/needs/ budget are a little different, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

I’ve had my Cayman for a month now and I am thrilled with it.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MRThomas
For many years I have admired the Cayman. It is such a beautiful car and retains many cues from so many of the classic Porsche cars. I have also always loved the idea of a small, mid-engine, two seat sporty car. (I already own a four-seat convertible.)

I came into a little money this year and decided to find a ‘09-‘12 Cayman, hopefully in the low 30s. I read a lot and scoured the internet for information. Then I thought “Hmmm, if I budget in the mid-40s I could get a 2014.” At which point I found a CPO 2014.

I went to a local dealer and we drove a 2015, at which point I thought “Wow, with a car like this, who needs a Cayman S?” It’s all relative, but this is my first sports car, so a base Cayman to me is a nimble little rocket.

I purchased pre-owned, because frankly, $64K was more than I can afford. Mine is a two year old lease return, not heavily optioned, in pristine condition. Like others have said, the hunt is part of the fun. I was patient and found the Cayman that was just what I wanted.

I realize my goals/needs/ budget are a little different, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

I’ve had my Cayman for a month now and I am thrilled with it.
Yeah.

Nobody can really help anybody with really picking a Porsche.

However, there are a few basics:
  • You can get rid of a cars you long for because of preconceptions by driving them compared to other cars. In our scene it is important to find out whether the 911 is really all that hot compared to the 2-seaters
  • Do you need the "S" models? Some honestly don't. It's not that it would be rejected, but trading it for a new car or better options. Is that wise for the particular buyer? Even in this thread we have a good number of people who'd go full leather over S
  • Drive all the transmissions and think hard. And a 2017 pdk is different from a 2009
Old 07-09-2016, 02:58 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 211 Posts

There are no more 60k 996 gt3. Haven't been almost for a year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche on a 60k budget?