Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Seal Weatherstripping Retaining Clips / Anchors / Fasteners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:40 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Door Seal Weatherstripping Retaining Clips / Anchors / Fasteners?

Public Service Announcement: Be careful when you pop these out, as they can only be used once. It looks like the little tabs or fins bend backward and break off upon removal. And once removed, they need to be replaced.

But does anybody know what the part number (or official part name) is for these little purple clips? I must be searching for the wrong keywords because none of my online queries are returning applicable/matching results. I'd love to buy a pack of 6, now that I need to replace 3 loose-fitting ones.

Last edited by gearFX; 06-30-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:26 AM
gearFX
Racer

Say it ain't so! Called the dealer parts department, and the reason I'm having no luck finding the rivet clips sold separately is because they come with the ($268) rubber weatherstripping. Not available as standalone parts (even though they are easily removable from the rubber seal and are only anchored by a T-shaped foot). They recommended I try to adapt something generic from an auto parts store.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:45 AM
gearFX
Racer

Just closing the loop with a happy ending. I stopped by the local Porsche approved body shop, and sure enough they had bunches of these purple retaining clips. I only needed 3, but they gave me 4 just in case and declined any compensation. Thank you Jim Ellis Porsche Collision Center!

Quick Reply: Door Seal Weatherstripping Retaining Clips / Anchors / Fasteners?