Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   987 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum-125/)
-   -   Spyders available - new - (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum/922183-spyders-available-new.html)

Only1Buck 03-06-2016 12:25 PM

Spyders available - new -

As of today there are 67 Spyders listed as new on cars.com

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...=GN_REFINEMENT

Archimedes 03-06-2016 12:33 PM

Remember, a lot of dealers just have their inventory automatically uploaded to Cars.com, even if the cars are already sold. A lot of those cars are pre-sold customer cars. My car is sitting in my garage and its also on that search you posted.

Still, even if you exclude those ads, there appear to be a bunch of actual cars still out there to be had.

Only1Buck 03-06-2016 12:40 PM

^ Did not know that, thank you for the additional information.

Archimedes 03-06-2016 01:15 PM

One easy way to spot the scraped ads is that they don't have actual pics of the car and the text is more generic. When the ad has a bunch of actual pics of the car and the ad looks like a human wrote it, it's more likely to be an actual car for sale.

JBoxsterK 03-06-2016 03:47 PM

Hi,
I ran a search this weekend on cars.com, autotrader.com and on the Dealer websites and I found alltogether 172 (!) offered Spyder (used and new).
I am not sure if every dealer automatically posts already sold cars on their websites or on sale platforms. For sure I know the local dealer does not do this (at least not marked for sale) and the dealer I ordered my Spyder has my one not on the website for sale. And all his "stock cars" disappeared as soon as they were sold (before delivery).
So hard to say how many are really available...
There are for sure a lot of cars on the different Dealer website which were just built the last two month and which are on their way to the US. So there cannot be any pictures of them.

I am still suprised that so many Spyders still show up for sale...

schmidtwerk 03-06-2016 04:11 PM

As of mid last week in the Porsche system 35 cars available and none of the couple available to reconfigure the dealers will not trade that allocation. These re configurable cars may be gone or lock as that was a week ago.

JBoxsterK 03-06-2016 04:23 PM

Thanks for this update!
The 172 cars I found have all asigned VINs so they are already built. Are these 35 cars "available" fixed allocations which are not yet at V260 (Entry Body Shop)?
The Porsche Dealer Websites alone show 83 cars with assigned VINs.

We will see how many cars will be "on sale" in May or June when production is finally over...

Archimedes 03-06-2016 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK (Post 13082368)
Thanks for this update!
The 172 cars I found have all asigned VINs so they are already built. Are these 35 cars "available" fixed allocations which are not yet at V260 (Entry Body Shop)?

We will see how many cars will be "on sale" in May or June when production is finally over...

There must have been something odd in your search, as there's no way there's 172 cars out there for sale in the U.S. There are far less than that and likely about half of the new ones aren't even really for sale, they're automatic uploads. There are lots of Porsches on Cars.com and dealer websites that are already sold.

My guess would be that there's probably 30-50 dealer specced cars out there in the U.S. still looking for a buyer.

Right now Auto Trader shows 64 new cars for sale, but over half of them appear to be uploads, not manual ads, so likely a lot of those aren't really available.

schmidtwerk 03-06-2016 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK (Post 13082368)
Thanks for this update!

It's about 35 cars that the dealer network nationwide shows as dealer stock or allocation unsold I'm told. Basically when my dealer looks for what he can trade for that's it nationwide. Of this about 4 were in V200 status. I assume some cars may not have real buyers and will be available and other cars showing available may be some. Either way about 3 dozen.

JBoxsterK 03-06-2016 05:03 PM

Hi Archimedes,
you may be right. Just checked by search result from this weekend again and there are on the Porsche Dealer Websites a minimum of 90 Spyders listed as new or used inventory.
If some dealers put sold cars on as "teasers", perhaps...
I have no dealership and cannot judge on their methods...
Was justed amazed about this high number :-)

JBoxsterK 03-06-2016 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtwerk (Post 13082457)
It's about 35 cars that the dealer network nationwide shows as dealer stock or allocation unsold I'm told. Basically when my dealer looks for what he can trade for that's it nationwide. Of this about 4 were in V200 status. I assume some cars may not have real buyers and will be available and other cars showing available may be some. Either way about 3 dozen.

In this case there are a lot of "teasers" out there;):confused:

pitt911 03-06-2016 06:03 PM

keep in mind not all dealers websites are top notch, sometimes there is a lag phase of 2-3 weeks between actual sale and the car being removed off website. But I also heard that porsche had a bad month of sales in february , and I do believe the car market is due for a significant cool down.

s2ktaxi 03-06-2016 10:26 PM

counting the Spyders on cars.com with actual photos will likely be the most accurate of cars for sale. There may be incoming ones unsold but those are harder to figure out.

JBoxsterK 03-07-2016 12:12 AM

As of today there are 64 Spyders listed on cars.com, autotrader.com and the Porsche Dealer websites with pictures :-). These are VINs up to built dates of January 2016.
Since beginning of built month February 75 Spyders are listed on cars.com, autotrader.com and the Porsche Dealer websites which have VINs listed in s2ktaxi's database. No pictures for these yet...

Steve D 03-19-2016 03:18 PM

Just returned from the local dealer in Boise. They have two no mile GT Silver Spyders available.
$95 and 96k window stickers. One is listed on Cars.com and another that was a 918 deal that can be a CPO sale. Have the specs if anyone is interested.