Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Gen-1 Spyder battery replacement...

Old 02-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts
Default Gen-1 Spyder battery replacement...

Spyder sitting for a few of the rainy weather months and battery almost dead on attempting to start. It's a 2011, possibly a late 2010 production so the original battery could be now over 5 years.

Any thoughts on the best battery to purchase and install? Anyone using the new Porsche AGM Battery? http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/AGMBATTERY.html

Lithium-ion battery? Price? Yeesh!
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/LITHIUM.html

Aftermarket?

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Joel check the fluid inside the battery, my fluid had burned off due to a bad charger and the battery was completely dead. I added some distilled water and was able to bring it back to full charge, I haven't had any issues with it since.

As far as replacement, I'm thinking something lightweight also but definitely not the Porsche Lithium. Braille and Odyssey seem to be the most popular. Rennline sells the Odyseey with a mount so no modifications are required.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Joel check the fluid inside the battery, my fluid had burned off due to a bad charger and the battery was completely dead. I added some distilled water and was able to bring it back to full charge, I haven't had any issues with it since.

As far as replacement, I'm thinking something lightweight also but definitely not the Porsche Lithium. Braille and Odyssey seem to be the most popular. Rennline sells the Odyseey with a mount so no modifications are required.
Tx Afshin. Dropped him off at the shop yesterday. Looking at one of the new AMG (glass) batteries. I'm too busy to be hunting batteries and mine was still the original, now 5+ years old, so time for a swap.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 PM
genxr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced mine with an interstate mtp91 about 18 mo ago. Those moll's never seem to last for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gen-1 Spyder battery replacement...