Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 981S GT Silver!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New 981S GT Silver!

Well, it's home - and just in time for 18" of snow (which it will never see)! I love the car - very glad I went with GT Silver and full black leather. Classic - can't miss. Not sold on the aluminum pedals - but since I did brushed aluminum around the console, glovebox and door trim, plus aluminum sill plate, it kind of works. If I decide I don't like them, I'll swap them out. For now, just enjoying the view!
Attached Images     
Old 01-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful! How do you like the brushed aluminum trim?
I've got it ordered on mine as well as it seemed to look good in pics.

Bummer about the weather but at least you've got it now!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:34 PM
981spyder
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG the wait is over!, very nice, its time you change your signature!!! I hope you enjoy it!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
Beautiful! How do you like the brushed aluminum trim?
I've got it ordered on mine as well as it seemed to look good in pics.

Bummer about the weather but at least you've got it now!
Originally Posted by 981spyder
OMG the wait is over!, very nice, its time you change your signature!!! I hope you enjoy it!
I love the brushed aluminum trim - much nicer than stock. Which is why I just may stick with the pedals. I have Suncoast looking into my options with that. As for my avatar - it will be changed today!!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Sportwagen
Instructor

Beautiful! GT Silver is probably my favorite Porsche color ...
Old 01-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Sportwagen
Beautiful! GT Silver is probably my favorite Porsche color ...
I love it. Remember seeing it on an RS60 and loved it then. Even changed my avatar! Sport, thanks for the compliment. It really is a beautiful car. Thought about a Spyder or even a GTS, but decided to stick with the S.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:15 AM
cramje
8th Gear

Absolutely gorgeous - love the brushed aluminum interior. Am setting clock to wake me up in 4 years (when little one finally off the payroll) and peruse Rennlist Ads for similar!!!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:41 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good weather
Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 AM
RWR
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your car is absolutely striking. Historically, silver has not been a color that attracted me, until GT Silver was in my sights. My order is GT Silver and yet I do not believe I have seen the color in person. I tried by going to 2 different dealers last month and neither had anything in GT Silver in stock, new or used. So, when my car arrives I hope I am in for a treat. Most on the forums say that pictures do not do it justice. I think your pics above do show how beautiful GT Silver is. I also think that the Boxster S is a great car!
Old 01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RWR
Your car is absolutely striking. Historically, silver has not been a color that attracted me, until GT Silver was in my sights. My order is GT Silver and yet I do not believe I have seen the color in person. I tried by going to 2 different dealers last month and neither had anything in GT Silver in stock, new or used. So, when my car arrives I hope I am in for a treat. Most on the forums say that pictures do not do it justice. I think your pics above do show how beautiful GT Silver is. I also think that the Boxster S is a great car!
RWR, you will be in for a nice surprise. Until I saw it outside in person, I did not get GT silver. Under the indoor lights of a dealership, it's just silver. Outside.. Wow ..and I am not a silver person.
Have them line it up next to a rhodium or platinum silver.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:33 PM
RWR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
RWR, you will be in for a nice surprise. Until I saw it outside in person, I did not get GT silver. Under the indoor lights of a dealership, it's just silver. Outside.. Wow ..and I am not a silver person.
Have them line it up next to a rhodium or platinum silver.
Being in for a nice surprise adds to my excitement as delivery date gets closer. Come to think of it, I have never seen a 981 Spyder live. I saw a yellow GT4 at he Porsche World Road Show last August, though, and I have seen a few 987 Spyder's but only in white. I am guessing that my surprise on delivery date will be huge.

As for silver cars, I find that I really like the darker silver to Gray colors. I like Phil's pictures because while silver they appear to have a dark silver appearance to my eye, which equals "stunning" in my view!
Old 01-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

RWR, the pics really capture the look of GT Silver. It is a very rich, pure silver without the blue or brown tones that some other silver paints have. I like Rhodium, but compared to GT, I personally felt there was no comparison. I also think that it works beautifully with the bright silver wheels and polished stainless exhaust. The car just looks right. Very happy with my choices - but as I and others have said, color is just so subjective. One man's GT Silver is another's Speed Yellow...
Old 01-23-2016, 03:31 PM
RWR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil G.
RWR, the pics really capture the look of GT Silver. It is a very rich, pure silver without the blue or brown tones that some other silver paints have. I like Rhodium, but compared to GT, I personally felt there was no comparison. I also think that it works beautifully with the bright silver wheels and polished stainless exhaust. The car just looks right. Very happy with my choices - but as I and others have said, color is just so subjective. One man's GT Silver is another's Speed Yellow...
I appreciate your thoughts. At the last minute I tried to change from silver to matte black wheels but my order had just locked. Easy but expensive fix but I think I may really like the silver wheels based on your comment that it just looks right.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:15 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by RWR
I appreciate your thoughts. At the last minute I tried to change from silver to matte black wheels but my order had just locked. Easy but expensive fix but I think I may really like the silver wheels based on your comment that it just looks right.
Black wheels are increasingly popular - again very subjective. I just like the bright silver 20" wheels on the car - very classic look. Get what you love.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Beautiful. X73 suspension?

Quick Reply: New 981S GT Silver!