Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's here - CGTS -16

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:56 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts
Default It's here - CGTS -16

First picture of my summer car below Driving impressions will have to wait...

Story so far:

Decision #1: "I want a 981GTS": September 2014 (after test drive)
Searching for used car: Sept -14 to Aug - 15 (during that time only 2-3 used or dealer specced MT cars available, all of them missing some vital (to me) option)
Decision #2 (after internet filled up with 4cyl rumours): "Bl**dy h**l, I need to order new before it's too late..." : Aug 8th -15
Allocation received: Oct 29th -15
Finished build: Dec 11th - 15
Arrived at dealer: Jan 13th -16

Spec:
Agate Grey
MT
PTV
X73
Satin black wheels
Alcantara Delete
Heat/Vent seats
2 zone AC
LDP
White instrument dials
Black Al trim
PCM Nav + Sound PP
Mobile prep.

Don't know exact hand over date yet, guess they have to remove the snow first anyway. Then, beacuse of the weather, I'll trailer to XPEL detailer for an almost complete wrap (not on roof, but everywhere else).

First drive is probably 2 months away- again because of the weather - so I'll be spending some time in the garage sitting in the drivers seat, making 6-cyl engine noises. Oh, and also mounting Zunsport radiator protections.

This picture might also prove valuable if I get problems with my wipers in the near future...
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Thanks! It's been a long process. When I bought the 997S back in 2010, I spent a year looking for the right car. This puchase turned out to be even longer, although it was a mix between waiting for the right used car to show up and then ordering and waiting for the new. Really looking forward to see it in person. Will probably extend my lunch break a bit on Friday to go to the dealer...
Old 01-13-2016, 05:55 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Picked up my 16 CGTS yesterday and since Florida it's already packing on the miles

Peter
Old 01-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

Love the satin wheels with Agate grey! That must be torture not to get to drive it for so long. It hit 63F in Dallas today so I got to drive with the top down for the first time since buying mine last Saturday.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8

Don't know exact hand over date yet, guess they have to remove the snow first anyway. Then, beacuse of the weather, I'll trailer to XPEL detailer for an almost complete wrap (not on roof, but everywhere else).

First drive is probably 2 months away- again because of the weather - so I'll be spending some time in the garage sitting in the drivers seat, making 6-cyl engine noises. Oh, and also mounting Zunsport radiator protections.
Congratulations, Erik. You got all the right options, from the handling and fun aspects! It will be a hard wait until the spring! Something to look forward to. In the meantime, you can finish up reading the manual!! And, the wipers will be fine!
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dallas991
Love the satin wheels with Agate grey! That must be torture not to get to drive it for so long. It hit 63F in Dallas today so I got to drive with the top down for the first time since buying mine last Saturday.
63F in January is a big deal! I can't even dream how would that feel!! Nice past collection, by the way.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:59 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dallas991
Thanks! Yes, it is torture...

Originally Posted by the_rider
Congratulations, Erik. You got all the right options, from the handling and fun aspects! It will be a hard wait until the spring! Something to look forward to. In the meantime, you can finish up reading the manual!! And, the wipers will be fine!
Thanks, spent some considerable time in the configurator going back and forth but I am very happy how the spec turned out. I got more or less exactly what I wanted with this car (which of course required some bending of the budget, but hey...). Basically, my option list above is the order of importance to me. Only thing I would have added is deviated stitching (in the full leather interior). But according both to SA and direct contact with Exclusive-reps, it was not possibe. Not clear why from either party. Guessing end of production of 981.1 could have something to do with it. In a few months I will know if the car/spec also works in use

Yes, I will for sure know the manual inside out when I take the car out end of March...

More pics will follow, I'll try to go to the dealer tomorrow, if they've taken it inside and let the snow melt.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
63F in January is a big deal! I can't even dream how would that feel!!
It's VERY COLD! Yes us Floridians are spoiled. :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! It's been a long process. When I bought the 997S back in 2010, I spent a year looking for the right car. This puchase turned out to be even longer, although it was a mix between waiting for the right used car to show up and then ordering and waiting for the new. Really looking forward to see it in person. Will probably extend my lunch break a bit on Friday to go to the dealer...
Very nice, enjoy!
Old 01-14-2016, 11:39 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
It's VERY COLD! Yes us Floridians are spoiled. :-)
Someday, sooner rather than later, I should be out of this frozen tundra!! :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:48 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Story so far:

Decision #1: "I want a 981GTS": September 2014 (after test drive)
Searching for used car: Sept -14 to Aug - 15 (during that time only 2-3 used or dealer specced MT cars available, all of them missing some vital (to me) option)
Decision #2 (after internet filled up with 4cyl rumours): "Bl**dy h**l, I need to order new before it's too late..." : Aug 8th -15
Allocation received: Oct 29th -15
Finished build: Dec 11th - 15
Arrived at dealer: Jan 13th -16

Spec:
Agate Grey
MT
PTV
X73
Satin black wheels
Alcantara Delete
Heat/Vent seats
2 zone AC
LDP
White instrument dials
Black Al trim
PCM Nav + Sound PP
Mobile prep.

This picture might also prove valuable if I get problems with my wipers in the near future...
Very cool. Enjoy!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:31 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Spent my lunch hour at the dealer. Looking a bit better now, don't you think?

Very happy with how the the interior turned out, with the brushed black Al trim and white dials.

Pick up in week from now.
Attached Images     
Old 01-16-2016, 04:44 AM
Eggy41
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar spec to mine which I bought over here 2nd hand from an OPC, I've found the full leather a nice upgrade (like your embossed armrest ) . Mine came with ceramics and turbo wheels, neither which I would have specced new but as you say there are compromises to be made in the 2nd hand market. Frosty over here at the moment, looking forward to some trips in the Spring and Summer to watch some bike racing and do some driving
Old 01-16-2016, 08:47 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eggy41
Similar spec to mine which I bought over here 2nd hand from an OPC, I've found the full leather a nice upgrade (like your embossed armrest ) . Mine came with ceramics and turbo wheels, neither which I would have specced new but as you say there are compromises to be made in the 2nd hand market. Frosty over here at the moment, looking forward to some trips in the Spring and Summer to watch some bike racing and do some driving
Eggy, do you have the "GTS" embriodered in the head rests?

Quick Reply: It's here - CGTS -16