Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's here - CGTS -16

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:12 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
Here is Australia 62 Cayman GTS' had been delivered as of last month, only 5 of those were manual. Mine will be the 6th most likely.
Great! Post more info down the road, please
Old 01-18-2016, 03:52 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Great! Post more info down the road, please
Here is my spec. March build (not yet given a firm date), May delivery.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PG61PJA5
Old 01-18-2016, 05:28 PM
Eggy41
Track Day

Nice spec although for me I'm a carmine over guards fan but then in the light over there guards probably looks a lot better than over here .. The more I think about this "analogue " spec discussion the more I wonder how sales lead it all is, there was a point where I started thinking just get an S with the X73 and MT but finding one of those with sports exhaust etc was even more difficult. It's a pity in a way, people get sold the tech route (and it is very impressive) but to me these are sports cars and I wanted that more mechanical feeling. I need to improve my driving a lot to get the most out of the car but even with my limited experience and skills it's great fun.
A work friend bought a 991 PASM/PDK shortly after I bought my car (I might have persuaded him a bit ), drove mine first thing he said was "wish I'd bought a manual" From reading up seems the 991 MT had only really been sorted in that models GTS but still, this 'ain't F1, a lot of fun to be had with a gearbox as good as this one ( which reminds me when is that Chris Harris test getting posted up ..)
Old 01-18-2016, 05:35 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Here is my spec. March build (not yet given a firm date), May delivery.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PG61PJA5
Nice! Buckets - mmmm. These cars do work in different colors

Originally Posted by Eggy41
Nice spec although for me I'm a carmine over guards fan but then in the light over there guards probably looks a lot better than over here .. The more I think about this "analogue " spec discussion the more I wonder how sales lead it all is, there was a point where I started thinking just get an S with the X73 and MT but finding one of those with sports exhaust etc was even more difficult. It's a pity in a way, people get sold the tech route (and it is very impressive) but to me these are sports cars and I wanted that more mechanical feeling. I need to improve my driving a lot to get the most out of the car but even with my limited experience and skills it's great fun.
A work friend bought a 991 PASM/PDK shortly after I bought my car (I might have persuaded him a bit ), drove mine first thing he said was "wish I'd bought a manual" From reading up seems the 991 MT had only really been sorted in that models GTS but still, this 'ain't F1, a lot of fun to be had with a gearbox as good as this one ( which reminds me when is that Chris Harris test getting posted up ..)
Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Haha - I'm also waiting for CH to post his review on his 991GTS MT - I'm reminding him on Twitter everytime I get the chance but I think he ignores me
Old 01-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Eggy41
Track Day

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Nice! Buckets - mmmm. These cars do work in different colors :

Haha - I'm also waiting for CH to post his review on his 991GTS MT - I'm reminding him on Twitter everytime I get the chance but I think he ignores me
Same here, I guess he's to busy with his new ginger mate
Old 01-19-2016, 05:20 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Eggy41
My first preference was Carmine but I can't justify the $6K cost. When I go to sell it, it will just be a "red" car and won't command any premium at all, so hence the Guards order.

I also wanted PCCB, but at an extra $19K see above. Same with Alcantara sun visors ($1K) and Carbon illuminated sills ($2.5K) I just couldn't justify it. Nothing else really appeals after this.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Eggy41
Track Day

My first preference was Carmine but I can't justify the $6K cost. When I go to sell it, it will just be a "red" car and won't command any premium at all, so hence the Guards order.

I also wanted PCCB, but at an extra $19K see above. Same with Alcantara sun visors ($1K) and Carbon illuminated sills ($2.5K) I just couldn't justify it. Nothing else really appeals after this.
Nor me for that money ! If it had been my choice I would have stuck with the standard interior but having lived with the leather I really like it

Must find some time to write some driving impressions ..
Old 01-20-2016, 02:28 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

I'll write some driving impressions on Friday night, specifically how it feels to reverse down from a trailer and into the garage, in -5degC and 15cm of snow
Old 01-20-2016, 07:24 PM
rbrenn
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful car, enjoy Erik. I find myself in a similar situation haven recently taken delivery of a new Agate Cayman GTS in a cold/snowy climate (New England). So, like you I trailered it to my Xpel guy in the Boston area to get it ready for the spring. It will be a long winter. I feel like a little kid sitting in the car pretending to drive it. Here's a pic of mine at the dealer.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:12 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrenn
Beautiful car, enjoy Erik. I find myself in a similar situation haven recently taken delivery of a new Agate Cayman GTS in a cold/snowy climate (New England). So, like you I trailered it to my Xpel guy in the Boston area to get it ready for the spring. It will be a long winter. I feel like a little kid sitting in the car pretending to drive it. Here's a pic of mine at the dealer.

Looking pretty good, rbrenn; congratulations. We may get an early spring!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:45 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Very nice, rbrenn!

I assume that's the Platinum Satin wheels? It's pretty cool to see different options on a similar car as your own What's the rest of the spec?
Old 01-21-2016, 05:53 PM
mitch48
Advanced

I finally took delivery of my CGTS last Saturday, but the weather in Bama has been lousy so I've not been able to put many miles on it yet. Soon, I hope. I went a little different from most, only options were Espresso leather, PTV, and multifunction wheel, but I'm satisfied. Dk Blue Metallic which is my favorite exterior color, my first Porsche was Copenhagen blue.
Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2016, 06:29 PM
jenk12m
Banned

congrats!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:45 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Very refreshing seeing silver wheels. Looks good
Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 PM
TTLATION
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Agate ...Great choice

Put my 2014 Boxster S away last Nov. for the winter all can't wait for Spring.(April) I hate Canadian winters & all the salt.

Erik, it looks like you've covered all of the 'essentials' necessary for the true 981 experience. Congrats & enjoy.

As I wanted to do factory delivery in Zuffenhausen I was forced to configure before the release of the GTS models.

Turns out my config. was almost identical to the GTS one minus the front facia (I prefer the S facia anyway).

Here is my config. as I remember it;

2104 S Agate with 2-tone full leather int. Amber orange/Agate with amber orange stitching

MT
20" SportTechno wheels painted in body colour
X73
PTV
tinted taillights
sports exhaust system
instrument dials in white
carbon fibre pkge.
carbon fibre console
carbon fibre door sills
sports seat plus
auto dimming & rain sensor
auto AC
heated & ventilated seats
amber orange stitching on steering column casing
Satellite XM radio
Porsche crest embossed on head rests
lower mirrors, rear apron & side intakes painted in Agate

Last edited by TTLATION; 01-22-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: It's here - CGTS -16