Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 981 981 Boxster Key Remotes Wont Connect To Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Skorp
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 981 981 Boxster Key Remotes Wont Connect To Car

Hello everyone. Not sure this is the right place, but I absolutely am needing some help as this is driving me crazy.

I own a 2013 Porsche Boxster and have had it for more than 2 years now.
At least a two months ago, my key remote started to become weak and would be troubling to use to open my car. As the weeks past, it got worse and worse. I thought it was a battery problem so I put a new battery and it seemed to work...only for the first couple of minutes and ended up the same way as before.
I tried my spare key and it would work for a couple hours and just end up in the same way. My spare key was kept in a safe and has actually never been used before until a few days ago, so that really seems to be some connection problem in the car.

As of today, it has come that my keys only work 10% of the time and become random intervals. I have been trying to open my car with it for the last 10 minutes and my keys won't connect at all anymore no matter how many times I press all the buttons.
Anyone have had this problem before or know what is going on? I saw a way to reset the sync of your key to the car on the older models online and tried using it, but it did not work. My key did work for a few seconds and then it stopped again.

Any support or tips is much appreciated. Thank you.
Bryan
Old 12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

This happened to one of my keys on my GT4 this past weekend. Left it alone for a bit and started working again. I didn't have the spare key with me to test at that moment. I thought the buttons were sticking or something but for now I'm thinking it's a low battery.

Strange for a 1 month old key, but who knows. I'm putting in a new battery in the key and keeping an eye on it.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:01 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Happened again to be today in the middle of a road trip. I had both keys with me and they both stopped working. I gave up after trying for 10 minutes.

No way could both keys go bad at the same time.

At the next rest stop, both magically worked again. Not sure what to tell the dealer at my next visit. It's certainly not a dead battery on the key FOB.

Quick Reply: 2013 981 981 Boxster Key Remotes Wont Connect To Car