Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First impressions 2016 Spyder...last impressions 2015 Boxster GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:39 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
Congrats SMLaker- beautiful car!!! I sat in your car and ordered a GT4 like it (with Matt and Mark's help). You're going to love it. The yellow belts and stitching compliment the PCCB's perfectly and it looks downright sinister in black! From one amazing car to another
Thanks, Carcam, haven't seen you around for a while! You timed that visit well, I didn't let it sit there too long, lol!
Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Originally Posted by Underblu
You're right. I'll tell you, the thing about the GT3, yeah its handling is brilliant connected, taught and precise but it's that free revving acceleration mated with the engine note that makes me think about even now. Not to sound cliche but intoxicating it definitely is. Of course if I owned one I don't see how I keep my license. But what a car.

Getting back to the OP. Sorry for steering your this thread away from the topic at hand. I think many of us Spyder buyers are jumping form a 981 to the Spyder so any more insights you have regarding both cars would be really appreciated and of course anymore pictures. Damn, those PCCBs look badass with the black. Congrats again.
Completely different ride. Factor in how different each one of these cars was set up...PDK vs. 6 sp, sport suspension vs. PASM, 3.4l vs. 3.8l, weight differences.

Spyder much more responsive, steering responsiveness and the feel of the new wheel is night and day. The GTS had the older leather sport design wheel, great feel but not the same as the smaller 918 in alcantara.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2015, 07:10 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

More pics to come...
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Every picture I see convinces me more and more that the Spyder was designed to be painted black. No color fits this design better than black.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:41 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SMLaker
Thanks! "Gutsy" may be a nice way of saying "stupid" but my ADD acts up after I have a car for a year....the GTS was awesome, but the Spyder is unbelievable. Most fun car I've owned( 981GTS, 991 S, Audi S5, CLK 55..)

The interior of the GTS held up perfectly(after 14mos though)... Limited cleaning options with ventilated seats. But no stains or fading. Two-tone helps with dark mats.
Nah, you made the right call! When it comes to cars and motorcycles, I share the same "irrational exuberance"!!

The yellow accents in black interior look great. But, the 'spyder' insignia on the seats clash with the chrome on the flaps. I wonder if anyone figured out yet if the damn chrome insignia be removed and patched up (without painting the flaps to body color).
Old 11-30-2015, 05:37 PM
SMLaker
Instructor

Originally Posted by the_rider
Nah, you made the right call! When it comes to cars and motorcycles, I share the same "irrational exuberance"!!

The yellow accents in black interior look great. But, the 'spyder' insignia on the seats clash with the chrome on the flaps. I wonder if anyone figured out yet if the damn chrome insignia be removed and patched up (without painting the flaps to body color).
Interesting observation re: chrome...maybe have it follow the color of the deviated stitching.

Quick Reply: First impressions 2016 Spyder...last impressions 2015 Boxster GTS