Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The little dealer that couldn't Braman auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
BlackCS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The little dealer that couldn't Braman auto

Just thought I would share my ordering experience from Bramanautoparts, of Palmbeach. I placed an order for the 981 PSE exhaust w/o tips on saturday. On monday, I get an email indicating my order was " red flageg ", and my order is canceled, followed by a number to customer service. Seeing as how the price was good, since they gave me the option of ordering w/o the console switch, I called up their customer service department, and the original rep transferred me to someone who appeared to be the manager. I was told that my order was flagged, because the system registered my IP somewhere in New Jersey, and the delivery is in the Chicago area. I informed the representative that it has to be a system error, and a weird one at that, and he informed that I can place the order again and he would personally see to it that it would go through. I asked him, can he resubmit the order, to which he replied, "No, you have to order online, they don't let us handle customers CC cards", at that point I thought the response was weird but not unreasonably. And the punchline comes in when I go to place the order again, only to find the same exhaust to be at $200 higher then before, I go through my emails and confirm that the price was now incidentally $200 higher, and per the representative I "had" to place the order online. Its alright if they screwed up the original price, legally, they don't have to sell the product unless they agree to my offer of the advertised price, however this reflagging and changing prices trick is childish at best.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by white981s
Just thought I would share my ordering experience from Bramanautoparts, of Palmbeach. I placed an order for the 981 PSE exhaust w/o tips on saturday. On monday, I get an email indicating my order was " red flageg ", and my order is canceled, followed by a number to customer service. Seeing as how the price was good, since they gave me the option of ordering w/o the console switch, I called up their customer service department, and the original rep transferred me to someone who appeared to be the manager. I was told that my order was flagged, because the system registered my IP somewhere in New Jersey, and the delivery is in the Chicago area. I informed the representative that it has to be a system error, and a weird one at that, and he informed that I can place the order again and he would personally see to it that it would go through. I asked him, can he resubmit the order, to which he replied, "No, you have to order online, they don't let us handle customers CC cards", at that point I thought the response was weird but not unreasonably. And the punchline comes in when I go to place the order again, only to find the same exhaust to be at $200 higher then before, I go through my emails and confirm that the price was now incidentally $200 higher, and per the representative I "had" to place the order online. Its alright if they screwed up the original price, legally, they don't have to sell the product unless they agree to my offer of the advertised price, however this reflagging and changing prices trick is childish at best.

So strange to hear because the auto industry has such a great reputation for integrity. (sarcasm)

Quick Reply: The little dealer that couldn't Braman auto